Confirmed with Link: No more Jeff Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I'll be interested to see who the replacement is. REALLY want it to be Walker. Or maybe Sheldon Keefe.

Now THAT would be interesting (Keefe, that is).

He's apparently the Man....with a ******** of baggage.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Walker stepped down in the middle of a season for family reasons.

If he was done with Guelph and was looking to step up a rung I don't think he would have done it in the middle of a season.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
Another solid move by Francis.

On a side note, yall should check out the other articles on the Checkers site that are reviewing player performances from last year and projecting who might come back next year. The Zach Boychuk article mentioned his agent has been contacted by several teams in Europe and I would not be surprised to see him go there honestly.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Yeah his relation with Frost is something that makes me wary. But Keefe apparently can ****ing coach.

I've read a little bit about that, and come away with the impression that no matter what he says, how much he protests, it's always going to follow him. And I'm of the opinion that he probably has had absolutely nothing to do with Frost for years and years. People are always going to hold it against him tho.

Hopefully they can look past that, because as you said, he is a damn good coach.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I've read a little bit about that, and come away with the impression that no matter what he says, how much he protests, it's always going to follow him. And I'm of the opinion that he probably has had absolutely nothing to do with Frost for years and years. People are always going to hold it against him tho.

Hopefully they can look past that, because as you said, he is a damn good coach.

Yep, it sucks for Keefe big time but really the only solution there is for Ronnie to take the action that Phoenix's GM has taken and bar Frost from all Canes-related facilities.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
frost was the agent that mike danton (aka mike jefferson) hired a hitman to kill for 10k dollars but it got sniffed out by the fbi before it happened

sheldon keefe was one of frost's "brampton boys" along with danton and some other kids who terrorized the ohl in the late 90s and had a weeeeeeeird weird weird relationship with frost

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
frost was the agent that mike danton (aka mike jefferson) hired a hitman to kill for 10k dollars but it got sniffed out by the fbi before it happened

sheldon keefe was one of frost's "brampton boys" along with danton and some other kids who terrorized the ohl in the late 90s and had a weeeeeeeird weird weird relationship with frost

read: creepy sexual things

It's a story better off avoided.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Who is Frost and Keefe and what have they done?

On the coaching side of things, Keefe's the current Soo Greyhounds head coach and before that had a dynasty going in the CCHL, which is based around the Ottawa area, in Canada's Junior A leagues. The more known leagues in that grouping are the AJHL and BCHL. Anyway, as coach/GM of Pembroke they won 5 straight league titles and won the 2011 Royal Bank Cup, which is the Canadian Junior A National Championship.

He took over as the HC at Soo during the 12-13 season, and after 2 years as bottom feeders in the OHL he had them into the playoffs as the 6 seed in their conference. His first full season, they won their division finishing 2nd in the West to Guelph, and this year they won the conference, although they're currently down in their series against the Fighting McDavids.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I thought that was more Tom Rowe, or was that as a replacement for Lavi and I just got my Canes minor league staffers mixed up?

When Kirk Muller was introduced as HC JR mentioned he had talked to Jeff Daniels aboutmaking the jump to the NHL and also said something about NHL teams asking if Daniels was available for interview. There was also chatter around that time that JR wanted Daniels to be the Canes coach.

Reactions: DaveG

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
On the coaching side of things, Keefe's the current Soo Greyhounds head coach and before that had a dynasty going in the CCHL, which is based around the Ottawa area, in Canada's Junior A leagues. The more known leagues in that grouping are the AJHL and BCHL. Anyway, as coach/GM of Pembroke they won 5 straight league titles and won the 2011 Royal Bank Cup, which is the Canadian Junior A National Championship.

He took over as the HC at Soo during the 12-13 season, and after 2 years as bottom feeders in the OHL he had them into the playoffs as the 6 seed in their conference. His first full season, they won their division finishing 2nd in the West to Guelph, and this year they won the conference, although they're currently down in their series against the Fighting McDavids.

I think the baggage is truly in the past. The people in Pembroke (the junior league you referenced) will all tell you that Keefe completely won them over.

As for his coaching prospects - Kyle Dubas hired him partially because he's big into #analytics.

So the fancy stats crowd should be writing emails to RF in support of Keefe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad