Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
zf71o87x56l3smuv6fbx.jpg

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Interesting that it seemed like Daniels was a guy that rode shotgun with Francis into Carolina as a not so hot commodity during his playing days and to be ousted like this unceremoniously without being "reshuffled" within the organization. Dare I say ....accountability? Hm.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Interesting that it seemed like Daniels was a guy that rode shotgun with Francis into Carolina as a not so hot commodity during his playing days and to be ousted like this unceremoniously without being "reshuffled" within the organization. Dare I say ....accountability? Hm.

100 percent this.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Glad to see a change there. Whoever coaches that team has his work cut out for him though. Not a lot of talent, particularly if any of the guys (Biega, Jordan) make it with the Canes as a 6/7 D-man. Forward ranks are going to be brutal.

I'm sure RF will have the same mentality has he's taking at the NHL level...focus is on drafting and developing so wins/losses at the AHL level are a 2nd priority.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I doubt Walker is a possibility. He isn't too far removed from quitting a job to spend time with his family, and I can't imagine an AHL travel schedule will allow him to do that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I like how Rf is going about things. He's generally doing everything we want, just taking his time to make sure he's got it right and has given everyone a chance to prove themselves. He was probably stuck waiting for Daniels contract to end anyways. Pk might not have wanted to be paying his AHL coach to not coach.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Yep. The lack of any significant forward prospect development during his entire tenure here speaks volumes. The dmen are what they are, it's a decent but not truly exceptional group that they're going to have next year with likely Biega, Lowe, Carrick, Pesce, Robertson, and whatever else we're going to sign and/or retain.

The forward group this year was a mess, especially without Rask, but the fact that we've had some very strong prospect and player groups in the AHL in the past and have minimal player gains to show for it speaks volumes about Daniels effectiveness when it comes to player development.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
These FB comments on the news are too good not to pass on.

Sorry Jeff, you've been providing the Canes with far too many quality players. If that trend continues, we might make it back into the play offs. We can't have that, now can we?

I guess Francis isn't satisfied with wrecking the Hurricanes so he decides to start on the Checkers also.

Frances was quoted as saying, "We wouldn't know quality coaching if it slapped us in the face".

:facepalm:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
People on Facebook are all lawyers and experts on everything you shouldn't doubt their wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad