OT: No Leaf hockey... what you doing?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
We usually take a few gummies and enjoy the dystopian stuff a lot more than we would sober. Black mirror, the road, children of men etc. I like all that stuff.
She loves all that, and I’m more into stuff like Ozark, Billions, Yellowstone etc. we meet in the middle on stuff like The boys, marvel series, Star Wars and spooky stuff.
Smoking fat blunts all day over here so I totally get that vibe on your end!

Reactions: PromisedLand

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Tbh…idk was real excited to seeing this team kick some ass, especially during school break

I’ll probably watch some shows, play some video games, and watch some nhl highlights

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
She loves all that, and I’m more into stuff like Ozark, Billions, Yellowstone etc. we meet in the middle on stuff like The boys, marvel series, Star Wars and spooky stuff.
Smoking fat blunts all day over here so I totally get that vibe on your end!
I watched a few seasons of Billions but lost interest. I mostly watched because it's loosely based on that scummy wall street trader. Got my wife into the mandalorian, which we both didn't think she'd like(not normally a star wars fan). We've been watching way too much tv since this virus reared it's ugly head.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I think I’m officially depressed. Can’t handle another wave of this and being stuck at home too long and NO HOCKEY is the kicker. Will need to get into some video games again

Am in similar boat. I am bodering on depression and hence this thread. I think if I keep my brains occupied with some interesting movie/tv-series/video-games/books/etc... I think it is easier to cope. I hope folks would talk about what they are watching, reading, doing etc... and may be we haven't thought of it and might go do that and that might help with being stuck in our homes.

That's nice.... At least you are not alone and by yourself so that is good. unless you want to be haha ;)

Nice. thats interesting. I'd suggest taking the flight asap if you can; they keep changing the rules for international travel :laugh:

Stay strong guys. It's such a weird time right now. It felt like we had rounded a corner back to norlamcy and now this has been such a huge kick in the nuts.

Thankfully (for the most part) we have a great group of people on this Leafs forum that has helped pass the time through the previous lockdowns.

Thankful for you people.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Congrats and be ready for chaos I feel like 2 to 3 kids (at least for us) our house is more of a shitshow.. a happy shitshow though lol.

Thanks! I won't be too bad for awhile but once they're all moving around it will be hectic. It's already chaos with twin boys.

Making Leaf fans out of them yet.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I think I’m officially depressed. Can’t handle another wave of this and being stuck at home too long and NO HOCKEY is the kicker. Will need to get into some video games again

I'm a 40 years old man with two kids, and recently decided to go back to gaming with a purchase of a gaming PC. Too much time at home with nothing to do during winter.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Haven't been watching too much hockey lately and was looking forward to getting back into it during my holiday break. So much for that. Probably catch up on shows I haven't been able to watch this year.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm going to sit outside in the sunshine with a beer and wait for the cricket to come on

It starts a 5:00pm but it's only 10:00am right now so wish me luck

This could get messy

hard luck on the world T20 finals. I was really rooting for Kane and his boys to win it all

Reactions: Kiwi

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Might I suggest going to youtube for some vintage hockey games. I've watched several entire playoff games from the 60's and 70's and they're pretty entertaining hockey games. Wanted to see Philadelphia-Montreal, Boston-NYR finals, Leafs-Philadelphia in particular got some other good games from 60's Leafs in black and white, Boston-St. Louis. I believe the 1972 Summit series is also on there as are the Canada Cups. Also watched 1980s Edmonton-Leafs the nights the underdog Leafs won against the Oilers.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Thanks! I won't be too bad for awhile but once they're all moving around it will be hectic. It's already chaos with twin boys.

Making Leaf fans out of them yet.

Oh yeah it is no doubt. Twins though so you probably already know haha. Right on. Always can use some more Leaf fans. Cheers.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Need to sharpen knives. One of my 2 children returning from school is coming with her boyfriend.

Haha well the first and obvious question is to ask if he's a Habs, Sens or Bruins fan. He may not be compatible otherwise.

I only have a son so I don't feel your pain, but I do find it funny that I'm pumped for my son if he tells me he's seeing someone or whatever, can't imagine I'd have that enthusiasm if I had a daughter.

Who knows though man. Maybe you'll reminisce over Clark and Gilmour clips on YouTube and hopefully celebrate a Leafs cup victory in the near future haha! Point being is there are plenty of guys that mean well out there, if you do sense a deadbeat however then yeah, boot meets arse and face meets pavement straight out of your house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad