Post-Game Talk: No lead is safe with the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok... but they’re doing that anyway. What do you suggest the solution is? You have to do something.
I just think once one guy on a line starts passing too much it sorta rubs off on his line mates to do the same . Guys aren't all going to play well every single game no matter who the coach is . Right now for instance Ehlers is bringing his line mates down , he can be so much better but for some reason he isn't . I will say this about Maurice i don't like how Scheif and Wheeler have to always play together , i would try Laine with Scheif and Connor and Little with Wheeler and Ehlers .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think you can blame Trouba for this loss pretty comfortably.

His penalty got the Blues back in the game.
His bull**** play behind the net and weak assed swat at the puck in front allowed the 3rd goal.

This is a top defender who wants big money? Someone else can pay it. I'd rather pay that to someone like Parayko or Pietrangelo who plays the way you have to in the playoffs to win.
I agree about Trouba's play last night and the penalty hurt but before any of that happened the Jets pissed away a 4 minute PP that cost us the game in the long run . If the Jets even just score 1 goal during that PP it would have put us up 3-0 and i think we win .

Reactions: tntkid

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No the Blues only outplay us in third periods when it counts!

Jets a very good two period team!

That is the problem.
When the game is too close in the 3rd it lets that 1 period team the Blues have a shot to get right back in it.

Without Binnington the Blues would have been done by now.

Last edited:

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada
PoMo always has answers for everything, never shows anger over his team blowing multiple 3rd period leads. It’s embarrassing how he can spin things saying “it was so tight” or “we limited their chances in the 3rd”. None of that matters, 3 goals in the 3rd with a 2 goal lead, again.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I agree about Trouba's play last night and the penalty hurt but before any of that happened the Jets pissed away a 4 minute PP that cost us the game in the long run . If the Jets even just score 1 goal during that PP it would have put us up 3-0 and i think we win .

Trouba was definitely the one on the hook for last night's ridiculous loss in a game we easily had control of for 2 periods.

That penalty which resulted in the Blues first goal in beginning of the 3rd and his stupidly of just trying to freeze the puck with 25 seconds left behind our net cost us big time.

I am still super pissed at how we lost that game and I am sure that other Jets fans feel the same way.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Good players who have occasional bad games like Trouba get way less slack around here than guys who are consistently terrible but benefit by having minimal expectations. Trouba will never be a number one defenceman but he’s damn good at a large number of things. Granted, when our top three D have weak games it’s almost impossible for this team to win but a lot of that has to do with the bottom three D being such black holes almost every game.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
PoMo always has answers for everything, never shows anger over his team blowing multiple 3rd period leads. It’s embarrassing how he can spin things saying “it was so tight” or “we limited their chances in the 3rd”. None of that matters, 3 goals in the 3rd with a 2 goal lead, again.

Our used car salesman of a coach will only tell you about the positive aspects and acts like the negative aspects do not exist. o_O

The-Secrets-of-Selling-Like-a-Skeazy-Slimy-Used-Car-Salesman.jpg

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Good players who have occasional bad games like Trouba get way less slack around here than guys who are consistently terrible but benefit by having minimal expectations. Trouba will never be a number one defenceman but he’s damn good at a large number of things. Granted, when our top three D have weak games it’s almost impossible for this team to win but a lot of that has to do with the bottom three D being such black holes almost every game.

This is not true -
Trouba rarely gets called out - as would be expected.
Myers, Chia, Kuli, Morrow, etc get called out on a regular basis around here.
But it just so happens Trouba had a coupel of tough spots last night that arguably cost us the game.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
This is not true -
But it just so happens Trouba had a coupel of tough spots last night that arguably cost us the game.
Trouba was bad last night at the end but he was pretty good up to that point. He was probably our best D last night until the last 20 seconds of the game. And yet, numerous people are now happy to run him out of town.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I agree about our top 3 defenseman last night , none of them played as well as they can . Buff looked board last night and both Trouba and Morrissey struggled big time . Unless your bottom 3 defenseman play out of their minds , it will be very tough sledding .

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Can't understand why anyone would fault Helly he made tons of break away saves and bailed team all night. If the players did their job we win. He completely bailed us out in game 4. I think Helly's great play last year was not an outlier we just played better D. Our bottom lines have been better than our top lines. Biggest disappointment this playoffs is Ehlers.

Reactions: DRW204 and Jets 31

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is not true -
Yep and top 3 should get more blame. More glory, more money, more blame.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Actually, he has been trying to run himself out of town for a few years now.
I don’t at all like how he has tried to force his way out of town but it’s not like he hasn’t given this team everything he has for the past number of years. I’d rather have players that want to be here as well but this sort of thing happens in sports all the time. Especially in small markets. I’m frankly happy every time a great young player actually wants to extend here by choice.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Can't understand why anyone would fault Helly he made tons of break away saves and bailed team all night. If the players did their job we win. He completely bailed us out in game 4. I think Helly's great play last year was not an outlier we just played better D. Our bottom lines have been better than our top lines. Biggest disappointment this playoffs is Ehlers.
Other than game 2 i have no complaints about Helly , he was the last guy i would be pissed at for last night .

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Other than game 2 i have no complaints about Helly , he was the last guy i would be pissed at for last night .

I agree that our goaltending did not lose us the game last night.

Hellebuyck has been pretty solid since shitting the bed in game 2.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I agree that our goaltending did not lose us the game last night.

Hellebuyck has been pretty solid since ****ting the bed in game 2.

In a playoff series, crapping the bed in one game is the difference between being on the verge of elimination vs being on the verge of moving on to the next round.

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
I might be the only one that thinks this, but that second goal shouldn't have counted. The net was knocked off before it was able to pass the red line.

I just hope I'm not right about St. Louis beating us in six, but the Jets got way... too comfortable which cost us in the end. St. Louis is doing a good PK I found.

Since the shot was in process and would have been on net and Buff was responsible for Sundqvist knocking the net off the moorings, it's a goal.

63.6 Awarded Goal - In the event that the goal post is displaced, either deliberately or accidentally, by a defending player or goalkeeper, prior to the puck crossing the goal line between the normal position of the goalposts, the Referee may award a goal.
In order to award a goal in this situation, the goal post must have been displaced by the actions a defending player or goalkeeper, the puck must have been shot (or the player must be in the act of shooting) at the goal prior to the goal post being displaced, and it must be determined that the puck would have entered the net between the normal position of the goal posts.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I don’t at all like how he has tried to force his way out of town but it’s not like he hasn’t given this team everything he has for the past number of years. I’d rather have players that want to be here as well but this sort of thing happens in sports all the time. Especially in small markets. I’m frankly happy every time a great young player actually wants to extend here by choice.
I think we’d all like him to extend, but it’s not likely

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Since the shot was in process and would have been on net and Buff was responsible for Sundqvist knocking the net off the moorings, it's a goal.

63.6 Awarded Goal - In the event that the goal post is displaced, either deliberately or accidentally, by a defending player or goalkeeper, prior to the puck crossing the goal line between the normal position of the goalposts, the Referee may award a goal.
In order to award a goal in this situation, the goal post must have been displaced by the actions a defending player or goalkeeper, the puck must have been shot (or the player must be in the act of shooting) at the goal prior to the goal post being displaced, and it must be determined that the puck would have entered the net between the normal position of the goal posts.
Buff pushed Sundqvist down with one hand ... it happens all the time in the WWE. Sundqvist was probably trying to take out a hot Helle by going down. Players do that all the time ... crash the net when a defenseman touches them.
The penalty on Trouba at the end of the second period was bad ... the Blues know when to go down easy.
Weird two games in a row Jets take a questionable penalty just before the second period ends ... I guess the Blues know how to sell it.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad