No goal call on San Jose V. Ottawa

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
It also doesn't help that the puck has a thin, white aura around it. It looks like a sharpening artifact, but perhaps that's just due to video compression.
you almost want the replays to be bulked up... but then again, the NHL is slowly removing tiffs from hockey

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
It also doesn't help that the puck has a thin, white aura around it. It looks like a sharpening artifact, but perhaps that's just due to video compression.

I saw a magnification of the overhead shot last night while still at the game. While there was clearly white between the puck and the goal line, the white had a curve to it which leads me to believe it was from the puck rather than the white ice from behind the goal line. Was there white ice under the white aura - who knows?

My gut is that it was a good goal but I could certainly understand how video review could have been inconclusive.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I saw a magnification of the overhead shot last night while still at the game. While there was clearly white between the puck and the goal line, the white had a curve to it which leads me to believe it was from the puck rather than the white ice from behind the goal line. Was there white ice under the white aura - who knows?

My gut is that it was a good goal but I could certainly understand how video review could have been inconclusive.
Yeah, you can see this if you zoom in.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Let's end this shall we.

Here for all those that have eye problems.

giphy.gif

If by now, you can't clearly see WHITE between the puck and the red line I really can't help you.
Based on the still image in this thread, the puck is still partly over the goal line. So unless there is a better image than that, they got this right. The white ring around the puck is brighter than ice surface.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Based on the still image in this thread, the puck is still partly over the goal line. So unless there is a better image than that, they got this right. The white ring around the puck is brighter than ice surface.

lol...

no.

The puck still ends at the black. And I just showed you where the red line falls. There is a gap. It's very clear. It was a goal. And I can't help you.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
this doesn't really deserve this much did. it looks in to me but this was a 5 to 0 game. it really means nothing.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
lol...

no.

The puck still ends at the black. And I just showed you where the red line falls. There is a gap. It's very clear. It was a goal. And I can't help you.
Zoom in. If there is a different image than this which people are going by, I stand corrected.

6ge9ufX.jpg

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

Where do you think my image is from???

I drew a straight line (using photoshop's line tool) using all the clear cut reference points of where the red line is, from post to post. Then I zoomed in. And where it cuts across the puck is exactly as you see it in my image.

Like I said. It's a goal and I can't help you.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Where do you think my image is from???

I drew a straight line from all the clear cut reference points of where the red line is. And where it cuts across the puck is where I drew it. You are simply trying to see something that isn't there.

Like I said. It's a goal and I can't help you.
OqnZXQR.png

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's a goal. lol. You can zoom in with a magnifying glass if you want. I cleaned up the line in my image. Their is a gap of white. You are trying to see something that honestly isn't there.
Well it didn't count, so I'm not the only one who sees it.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
And yet it didn't count.

What can ya say? Sometimes toronto gets it wrong.

This is one of those times.

Unless you are tying to suggest that Toronto is always right???

But you wouldn't be silly enough to suggest that.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
There's a white ring around the puck that's brighter than the ice, it's not space.

Oh you are just not gettin it.

The white ring? The distortion? Doesn't change where the line sits. I fixed the line. You get that right? The line is nowhere near the puck. It's muddy where it sits in some spots but it's very clear to see where the red line sits in other parts.

Once you see where the red line ACTUALLY IS, as it is in my image...you will see that halo or no halo...it's nowhere near the puck. Unless you want to tell me that the red cline curves close to the puck only on the point where the puck is?

It was a goal. And try as I might...I knew I wouldn't be able to help you.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Oh you are just not gettin it.

The white ring? The distortion? Doesn't change where the line sits. I fixed the line. You get that right? The line is nowhere near the puck. It's muddy where it sits in some spots but it's very clear to see where the red line sits in other parts.

Once you see where the red line ACTUALLY IS, as it is in my image...you will see that halo or no halo...it's nowhere near the puck. Unless you want to tell me that the red cline curves close to the puck only on the point where the puck is?

It was a goal. And try as I might...I knew I wouldn't be able to help you.
If you have a better picture then I stand corrected, but this is what I'm looking at.

6bFjPqE.png

Reactions: llamateizer

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
If you have a better picture then I stand corrected, but this is what I'm looking at.

6bFjPqE.png

I POSTED IT.

giphy.gif

I want you to read this part very SLOWLY.

Ignoring the point where the puck is...I used the STRAIGHT LINE TOOL to draw a line using clearer references of where the goal line sits in this image. It's VERY OBVIOUS at certain points in the image to tell where the line falls. Using those points as a guide I drew a line from post to post. Once I cleaned up the RED LINE, puck halo or not...the red line doesn't touch the puck. You are seeing something that isn't there.

Just.

Stop.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I POSTED IT.

giphy.gif

I want you to read this part very SLOWLY.

Ignoring the point where the puck is...I used the STRAIGHT LINE TOOL to draw a line using clearer references of where the goal line sits in this image. It's VERY OBVIOUS at certain points in the image to tell where the line falls. Using those points as a guide I drew a line from post to post. Once I cleaned up the RED LINE, puck halo or not...the red line doesn't touch the puck. You are seeing something that isn't there.

Just.

Stop.
Why is it so hard just to post a picture of the space between the puck and the goal line? That's a gif showing where the line should be. They need photographic evidence.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
What can ya say? Sometimes toronto gets it wrong.

This is one of those times.

Unless you are tying to suggest that Toronto is always right???

But you wouldn't be silly enough to suggest that.

Maybe s/he is trying to suggest that it is possible that HF Posters are not always right - even those with a mastery of the straight line tool (as improbably as that may seem)?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You want that picture? Save my gif out...open that SOB in photoshop. Turn on animation layers...and pic whichever one you feel you need to convince yourself.
It's a lower quality version of the same picture in this thread.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe s/he is trying to suggest that it is possible that HF Posters are not always right - even those with a mastery of the straight line tool (as improbably as that may seem)?

Yeah...I can't bend the damn line to force it to touch the puck. The line is clearly muddy at some points but clearer at others. It's REALLY hard to mess it up when you are using multiple points to sit the line tool. It just doesn't touch the puck. Any suggestion otherwise is based off of a false idea of where that red line actually sits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad