No goal call on San Jose V. Ottawa

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2017-12-10_8-57-2.png

Goal for sure.

You can clearly see white between the puck and the goal line.

I do think it was a goal :)

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Honestly I don't see clear evidence that the puck had crossed the line, and especially considering that the call on the ice was a no goal, I do not believe there was conclusive evidence to over turn it.

If you cant see white between the puck and the red line you need your eyes checked

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
From that angle, it looked like it never crossed the line.
Take another look. Just before the player got his stick on the puck you can see a bite of white between the puck and the goal line. At first I didn't think it crossed either but after a second look I think it vwas a goal.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Let's end this shall we.

Here for all those that have eye problems.

giphy.gif

If by now, you can't clearly see WHITE between the puck and the red line I really can't help you.

That's pretty damn conclusive. I also don't see red beyond the flashing red line which shows the flashing red line is accurately placed.

Reactions: BVG

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Looks like a goal.
Whoever is making the final call is likely the ones looking at the offsides calls.
Clearly doesn’t have all the camera views we have.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Take another look. Just before the player got his stick on the puck you can see a bite of white between the puck and the goal line. At first I didn't think it crossed either but after a second look I think it vwas a goal.

Yes I see it better with the closeup angle.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Think they got it wrong here, just like they got it wrong not giving Dzingel an instigator and not giving Burrows a match penalty.

Reactions: Phu

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
the red goal line is too faded, especially when you zoom really close

you know the video officials looking at it needs to be 100 percent sure, no question, no doubt about it to be a goal, like a goal cant have any debate, and all the video officials probably couldn't conclude, some probably say yes some no

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Certainly would not have argued if it were called good, but the Sharks had one almost identical called back this season so eh. At least it wasn't a one-goal game here.
The argument I could see here is the puck is not on the ice at that point but the overhead camera should make that irrelevant.

What I do like is the call on the ice being the standard that has to be overruled by clear evidence. Several times earlier this season against the Sharks I thought the refs were not respecting that standard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad