Post-Game Talk: No Benny, Montour, or ek? No problem. Leafs run from the grind, Cats win 3-1

What playoff team was the most fun to beat in the last 2 years?

• Bruins

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Leafs

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Canes

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Caps (lol)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Some “revenge game” by the leafs. Lmao. Buncha clown shoes.

On a serious note, how TF is the PP THIS bad with this many elite players? We took penalties while on it last night. Unacceptable.
I thought the PP has been good for the most part (so far) but this game was particularly bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laus723

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I can’t stop ya’ll from stirring crap up elsewhere on this site, but I can stop you from coming back to this board to gloat about obvious and intentional trolling. Consider this your one and only warning before the points start coming. You know who you are.
But we have Lundell and they don’t? Their inferiority is obvious and should be commented upon

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Special shoutout to Balinskis: the guy really has bal(l)s. Not afraid to make a creative play and take a hit to make a play work. He is adapting fast and could be our new Mahura with actually more skill.

the thing that has stood out to me the most from the first four games is this.

I don't see him as a mahura though. not sure where he fits yet but he's not a fade-into-the-woodwork kinda player. (and there's nothing wrong with that...)

THEY PAID FOR THIS SHIT?!

randy-savage-no.gif

that's not a song. ffs, it's not even a riff.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
the thing that has stood out to me the most from the first four games is this.

I don't see him as a mahura though. not sure where he fits yet but he's not a fade-into-the-woodwork kinda player. (and there's nothing wrong with that...)

that's not a song. ffs, it's not even a riff.

I won't lie.

I'd be 100 times happier if this was our goal song. If you know, you know

giphy (12).gif

Reactions: zeroG

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I was re-watching the game with my headphones in and kinda dug the goal song because I could actually hear it. It’s catchy but note that I like all types of music so it’s rare that I’d hate something.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I was re-watching the game with my headphones in and kinda dug the goal song because I could actually hear it. It’s catchy but note that I like all types of music so it’s rare that I’d hate something.
It's not the most creative thing in the world but I don't hate it. I kinda like that they went for their own music instead of a known song. It's got energy and probably sounds great on the new sound system. They need to play it loud from the start though, instead of fading into it. The "go cats go" should be loud right after a goal.

Reactions: Ghoste

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Huh? I thought he played a good game.
He was solid. He’s just not creating anything meaningful offensively. Doesn’t look dangerous on offense whatsoever. Had a couple shots on the pp. but at some point, he has to start creating more chances more consistently. he has two primary assists so far. both were routine passes that involved 0 skill/vision. 0 goals. This isn’t some 5 million dollar good two 3rd line center. Why does everyone act like being good defensively is enough all the sudden?

Reactions: I am not exposed

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
He was solid. He’s just not creating anything meaningful offensively. Doesn’t look dangerous on offense whatsoever. Had a couple shots on the pp. but at some point, he has to start creating more chances more consistently. he has two primary assists so far. both were routine passes that involved 0 skill/vision. 0 goals. This isn’t some 5 million dollar good two 3rd line center. Why does everyone act like being good defensively is enough all the sudden?
As long as Matty calls him the best player in the league, who am I to argue.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I wouldnt call it no Benny, No Montour, No Injury Pron and have no problems.

I would call it How good are we, when everyone is back. Also our Defensman still scoring, without the number one scoring defensman out.
I also like how OEL working on the PP, even with everyone back i would hold him on the PP1 unit or Montour. Both have different kind of setting. Montour is more a shooter from up high, OEL has accurate passes and a shot.
And then option 2 the PP Mikkola was scoring, was 1to1 simular to the PP Goals defensman score on Finnish national Team. The also play with the defensman on the 2nd Post comeing in.

So on the PP you see a lot of new thing on this Team, what is not really new but with the Player comeing in looks better and you have more option.

PK omg wondering if it will be better one Day, still dont see it. the new units also collapse under pressure.

That is my resume for the first 2 winning Games. if we go out positiv in the first 10 Games im okay with it 6 out of 10 would be wonderful. 7 out of 10 would be insane. and would set up a Point to watch out.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I wouldnt call it no Benny, No Montour, No Injury Pron and have no problems.

I would call it How good are we, when everyone is back. Also our Defensman still scoring, without the number one scoring defensman out.
I also like how OEL working on the PP, even with everyone back i would hold him on the PP1 unit or Montour. Both have different kind of setting. Montour is more a shooter from up high, OEL has accurate passes and a shot.
And then option 2 the PP Mikkola was scoring, was 1to1 simular to the PP Goals defensman score on Finnish national Team. The also play with the defensman on the 2nd Post comeing in.

So on the PP you see a lot of new thing on this Team, what is not really new but with the Player comeing in looks better and you have more option.

PK omg wondering if it will be better one Day, still dont see it. the new units also collapse under pressure.

That is my resume for the first 2 winning Games. if we go out positiv in the first 10 Games im okay with it 6 out of 10 would be wonderful. 7 out of 10 would be insane. and would set up a Point to watch out.
I agree, idk why everyone is saying OEL hasn't been good on the pp. He's been very good. He's starting to get back to his old self. He has deception with his shot that is so silky smooth and he's a terrific passer. Montour will be a puck carrier/shooter, OEL will be the QB. You can hear from Maurice's comments that that's the way he sees it unfolding too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad