NL/AL MVP Discussion: Donaldson wins AL, Harper wins NL

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
People here sure seem to be agonizing about the decision to choose Donaldson over Trout for MVP.

THey were separated by a whopping .5 WAR folks - pretty negligible. Time to let it go.

I guess it doesn't matter about getting things right then. Might as well shut down the whole forum as there's nothing to discuss here. Baseball should just go by the mantra "close enough" when deciding things.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I guess it doesn't matter about getting things right then. Might as well shut down the whole forum as there's nothing to discuss here. Baseball should just go by the mantra "close enough" when deciding things.

It's as if it's offending some by those who even question Donaldson winning it. We should all just accept it and get over it without discussing it.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It's as if it's offending some by those who even question Donaldson winning it. We should all just accept it and get over it without discussing it.

Looking back through the thread, that's where it "went off the rails". No one even seemed that upset, and they shouldn't, JD had a hell of a year, but a few guys came in, said that Trout definitely didn't deserve it, and now we're here.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Looking back through the thread, that's where it "went off the rails". No one even seemed that upset, and they shouldn't, JD had a hell of a year, but a few guys came in, said that Trout definitely didn't deserve it, and now we're here.

I don't think anyone's upset at all that JD won it. Like you mentioned he had a hell of a year and was right up there with Trout. But yeah, it's like just questioning the decision and using stats and cogent arguments has basically received the same reaction as driving drunk and mowing down a group of school kids. I thought the whole point of this forum was to discuss things.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Like I said earlier in the thread it's as close to a coin toss as it gets for me. Point a gun to my head and I'd vote Trout but don't have an issue with Donaldson winning. I do have an issue when people say that Donaldson was a better player which isn't true at all. Or when people say JD was as good offensively as Trout.

Trout was better offensively but JD is one of the best defensive 3B in the game.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm a Jays fan, and I think if I were an impartial observer who had a vote, I would have picked Trout. But this isn't some egregious choice, like Cabrera over Trout in 2012. The differences between the two of them this year were minute, so I don't really understand why people feel so strongly one way or the other.

Is it a stretch to say the majority of thebaseball community look back on Cabrera over Trout with regret?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

The margin of error is +/- .4...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad