Proposal: NJD-VGK trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
So much this.

Vegas (fans?) seemingly want to move him (rather than sign him and move similar cash in established players) because they fear he will underadapt but want suitors to overpay in case he does pay off...
This is wrong. I can say with certainty that the large majority of Vegas fans want Gusev signed, not traded.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
This is wrong. I can say with certainty that the large majority of Vegas fans want Gusev signed, not traded.

Of course Vegas fans want Gusev signed. He would instantly become their flashiest, most exciting forward.

Seems to me it is Vegas management who would prefer Eakin or Reaves over him, not the fans.

Reaves is very popular in Vegas but he is nothing but a 4th line grinder.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I was being sarcastic and it was your logic I was using.

You aren't looking at Gusev's skillset very objectively here.

Listen you aren't making much sense so I will give you this. Gusev is a talented player. I actually want him on the Sharks as he would fit well with Meier and Couture (however I doubt Vegas trades with San Jose). However, what I take issue it is your hyperbolic use of the phrase, "BY FAR" when describing him as the better player. Gusev, as talented as he may be, has not proven himself in the best league in the world. Vatanen has and he has done it well and for many years.

You want to say Gusev is better than Vatanen? Cool. You want to say "by far?" That is just asinine.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
So far as I understand it’s only $200k in real dollars as the contract is reportedly insured at 80%.

Ottawa should jump at that for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
Ottawa is already projected To hit the floor tho. Does Melnyek really wants to spend 200k+ for a draft pick

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Listen you aren't making much sense so I will give you this. Gusev is a talented player. I actually want him on the Sharks as he would fit well with Meier and Couture (however I doubt Vegas trades with San Jose). However, what I take issue it is your hyperbolic use of the phrase, "BY FAR" when describing him as the better player. Gusev, as talented as he may be, has not proven himself in the best league in the world. Vatanen has and he has done it well and for many years.

You want to say Gusev is better than Vatanen? Cool. You want to say "by far?" That is just asinine.

Okay we will agree to disagree here.

Gusev has the higher declining going forward and I don't think that Vantanen is a top 3 Dman going forward.

Let's see were Gusev lands and how this all plays out shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad