Confirmed with Link: (NJD/SJS) Vanacek + a 7th for Kahkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
At least we don't have to wait on Kahkonen to get his work visa like with Allen. We'll see if they throw Kahkonen into a game next week.

Biggest part of the trade is the cap flexibility for next year if they continue the pursuit of Markstrom.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
But this is definitely a “we couldn’t have done this sooner?” trade.

I think it's clear the goalie market has been impossible. The sellers controlled it to the bitter end. Of course, we didn't benefit whatsoever by waiting until the end of the deadline to make our moves, but we get out of Vitek's deal. We get Allen at 50%, Kahkonen in before UFA and get to test them out before next year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
WOOOO!!!!

I don't feel bad for him at all. He soured the f*** out of me this year. He doesn't come out to talk to the media at all this year. Guy acted like a complete coward.

The only reason I'm not backing the bus over him and just throwing him under the bus is because I believe he has mental issues that caused him to blowup around the playoffs or after them.

He really turned me off this year. I think they either wanted to get his STINK off the team or they knew it was never going to work here again.

The worst thing that could have happened was some dumb market correction to end the year like Schneider's 2019 part of 18-19, where he's a .920% over his last 10 games or something and they decided to keep him next year based on that.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
But this is definitely a “we couldn’t have done this sooner?” trade.

Kahkonen hasn't been playing well recently so they might have changed their calculus. As poor as Vitek has been this year, he is usually league average and SJ still needs goalies. Plus if he rebounds they can flip him for assets next year.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Kahkonen hasn't been playing well recently so they might have changed their calculus. As poor as Vitek has been this year, he is usually league average and SJ still needs goalies. Plus if he rebounds they can flip him for assets next year.
Also a ufa. They may have been trying to re-sign him previously and couldn't get it done

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
man the script writers at work! having allen AND kahkoen lead us to the cup this year! thats some straight fire!

• Love
Reactions: nugg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
While I wish they came sooner, Fitz really burned down the goalie problem this year.

I can't say it's fixed yet, but there will be at least 2 new goalies here that weren't here this year/for most of this year (Allen will probably be the backup) and he's shaken up all things goalie for this year.

Daws and Schmid won't play in the NHL next year until someone is injured.

Reactions: My3Sons and glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad