Speculation: NJD Offseason Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm a little hazy on this...Bennett is a pending UFA according to nhlnumbers.com which is kinda my go-to site for salary cap. So..if for some reason he ends up walking to another team are we SOL for that 3rd round pick?

yes

What is the deal this year? Is it that UFAs are currently allowed to negotiate and can officially sign at 12pm ET Friday?

yes. well, technically they aren't allowed to discuss exact contract terms, but we all know that that happens.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
What would it take to get Shattenkirk to New Jersey next summer? - assuming he hits UFA. I'd love him a Devil.

Greene, Larsson, Shattenkirk, Severson, Santini, ? is a damn good defense core. Someone has to play their offside!

Rumor had it that they were asking for Dylan Larkin when discussing trade rumors with Detroit for Shattenkirk. I take it they would want Zacha, or McLeod plus other stuff.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I'd take Hartnell depending on how much they'd retain. 3 years left on his deal. He's still pretty good. I assume we could swap picks as well? Maybe like a 4th for 3rd or 3rd for 2nd.

With Columbus's cap situation and drafting PLD, I wonder if we could steal Wennberg or Jenner, two of Castron's guys...

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Rumor had it that they were asking for Dylan Larkin when discussing trade rumors with Detroit for Shattenkirk. I take it they would want Zacha, or McLeod plus other stuff.

He will be a UFA. we wouldn't have to make a trade with St. Louis. Just sign him to a contract.

Also - That rumor was completely untrue. Armstrong said he never asked for Larkin because that would be ridiculous.

For Devils to acquire Shattenkirk - think similar situation to the price we paid for Kovalchuk. Pending UFA, not resigining with his current team.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Shattenkirk isn't going to hit the market

whatever team trades for him (I think its a foregone conclusion that he is gone) will extend him

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
We keep losing such good players!

Aivis Kalniņš ‏@A_Kalnins 2h2 hours ago
Tim Sestito and Dinamo Riga have reached a mutual agreement to a one year deal. Both sides finalizing details.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Shattenkirk isn't going to hit the market

whatever team trades for him (I think its a foregone conclusion that he is gone) will extend him

Only if its the Rangers or Bruins.

And after seeing what Yandle just got, and what Stamkos is about to get, why the hell wouldn't Shattenkirk want to hit the market? He'd be foolish not to see what teams will offer.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Only if its the Rangers or Bruins.

And after seeing what Yandle just got, and what Stamkos is about to get, why the hell wouldn't Shattenkirk want to hit the market? He'd be foolish not to see what teams will offer.

but Yandle didn't hit the market, so I am not sure that that is a good comparable...

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
EDM and NJD appear to be edging closer to completion of a trade involving Taylor Hall. Could be imminent. Not official yet.

McKenzie

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If adam larsson get's traded. I quit.

I don't care if it's for Hall, I don't care. That's my quarterback :( (or defenseman, you know what I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad