Speculation: NJD Offseason Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
For example, on June 7, he tweeted "Lucic to Oilers if he hits UFA... strong rumors"

Now 20 days later, its pretty much confirmed that Lucic will be an Oiler.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
ok whatever no need to take about incarnated Bob lol.

Point is, Devils are likely interested in Frans Nielsen. And I would be all aboard that route as long as the price/term are right.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Someone randomly Tweets a bunch of different teams are interested and that gets taken as likely interest? That IS Eklundish lol

And I don't take IB seriously after he said Nmandi Asomugha was going to the Jets and threatened people on Twitter that doubted him. That got proven wrong too.

I don't really see interest in Nielsen anyway cause he's going to sign a longer deal than we're gonna be willing to do for a 32-year old. I can see reaching out and seeing if he'd consider a 2-year deal, maybe 3 if that but he's probably getting 4.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
What would it take to get Shattenkirk to New Jersey next summer? - assuming he hits UFA. I'd love him a Devil.

Greene, Larsson, Shattenkirk, Severson, Santini, ? is a damn good defense core. Someone has to play their offside!

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Joe Colborne wasn't qualified as a free agent. 19G and 44pts last year and he's a huge guy.

A "moneyball" signing perhaps?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
How can someone who reports rumors weeks/days/hours in advance, then they turn out to be true, be considered a clown.

He's like eklund he throws a bunch of **** at a wall based off of educated guesses and sometimes one or two stick. The guys only claim to fame was when he would call and troll Francessas show weekly

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Taking guys with multiple big money years left is a little different than taking someone on the last year or a dead cap hit. They'd run out of cap room/roster space pretty fast taking a bunch of those guys.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think Colborne would be a nice signing. Among forwards with at least 500 minutes of even strength ice time, he was 10th in the entire league in ES points/60 minutes with 2.32.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...ards&minutes=500&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

the only players ahead of him?

Jagr
McDavid
P. Kane
Kuznetsov
Crosby
Scheifele
Wheeler
Cammalleri
Thornton

You have to wonder if Calgary is doing something similar to us with our RFAs, though. I can't imagine they'd let him walk for nothing.

Last edited:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'd take Hartnell depending on how much they'd retain. 3 years left on his deal. He's still pretty good. I assume we could swap picks as well? Maybe like a 4th for 3rd or 3rd for 2nd.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I am getting excited about the next few days. We all know Shero is looking to make trades. No one on the Devils has been re-signed yet. There are a lot of holes in the roster.

I feel like a ton of crap is about to go down... we are just waiting for the first domino.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Which means you'll surely be disappointed :P

Isn't that how it always turns out with us Devils fans? Especially with how certain we were that Shero was going to pull off a sweet trade at the draft... and we got a center we won't know the verdict on for several years and Beau Bennett.... yay.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
ok whatever no need to take about incarnated Bob lol.

Point is, Devils are likely interested in Frans Nielsen. And I would be all aboard that route as long as the price/term are right.

I have no doubt they're interested, I just think he's signing an extension with NYI.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
I'm a little hazy on this...Bennett is a pending UFA according to nhlnumbers.com which is kinda my go-to site for salary cap. So..if for some reason he ends up walking to another team are we SOL for that 3rd round pick?

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
What is the deal this year? Is it that UFAs are currently allowed to negotiate and can officially sign at 12pm ET Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad