GDT: NJD @ MIN - Call him up, Bill - 7PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
More like Boldy playing with Bjugstad and Rask.
Probably, which would be fine. I'd love to see him come in and force his way onto Fiala's line and score a million points, but he's started slow at both the college and AHL levels so I'd expect the same here. He'll look meh for his first 5 games and people will worry, but that switch will flip.

Plus even if he gets called up it's only going to be for as long as Zucc is out.

Reactions: MNRube

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Probably, which would be fine. I'd love to see him come in and force his way onto Fiala's line and score a million points, but he's started slow at both the college and AHL levels so I'd expect the same here. He'll look meh for his first 5 games and people will worry, but that switch will flip.

Plus even if he gets called up it's only going to be for as long as Zucc is out.

Boldy definitely did not start slow in the AHL

Reactions: zellmatic

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I dont think I have ever been as confident about a prospect as I am with Boldy. Hard to see him not being a really good winger for us. Such a great skillset.

Reactions: zellmatic

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I dont think I have ever been as confident about a prospect as I am with Boldy. Hard to see him not being a really good winger for us. Such a great skillset.
He did look pretty passive and nondescript in camp, though.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He did look pretty passive and nondescript in camp, though.

Yeah I think Bazeek is correct in saying he is a bit of a slow starter. He took some time to adjust to the speed of NCAA and he likely will need some patience with the jump to NHL. What I saw in preseason/camp appeared to be mostly jitters and overthinking. I see a 60 point winger next year but again IM very high on him compared to others.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

P10p

May 15, 2012
Yeah I think Bazeek is correct in saying he is a bit of a slow starter. He took some time to adjust to the speed of NCAA and he likely will need some patience with the jump to NHL. What I saw in preseason/camp appeared to be mostly jitters and overthinking. I see a 60 point winger next year but again IM very high on him compared to others.

By all accounts, his lack of production wasn't based on him being a slow starter in the NCAA. More so it was attributed to bad luck by most who watched him play. Everyone said he looked great and was generating but it just wasn't going in for him. This jives with what I've seen of him in the AHL too where he hit the ground running and was constantly generating from the start. I don't think it is fair, yet, to label him as a slow starter.

Reactions: TaLoN

P10p

May 15, 2012
Still nice that Iowa has a game tonight, so we will get to see Boldy play somewhere lol.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
By all accounts, his lack of production wasn't based on him being a slow starter in the NCAA. More so it was attributed to bad luck by most who watched him play. Everyone said he looked great and was generating but it just wasn't going in for him. This jives with what I've seen of him in the AHL too where he hit the ground running and was constantly generating from the start. I don't think it is fair, yet, to label him as a slow starter.
Usage and linemates were probably a factor early at BC, but I do think post-New Years Boldy looked like a new player in terms of confidence and assertiveness. Once he started imposing himself offensively he basically never stopped. And maybe the NHL transition will be more like the AHL one, but I just get the feeling it'll be a few quiet games followed by #12 hanging from the rafters.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Usage and linemates were probably a factor early at BC, but I do think post-New Years Boldy looked like a new player in terms of confidence and assertiveness. Once he started imposing himself offensively he basically never stopped. And maybe the NHL transition will be more like the AHL one, but I just get the feeling it'll be a few quiet games followed by #12 hanging from the rafters.
his usage of playing C seemed to be the only thing holding him back, at W he has not slowed down one bit it seems.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not convinced the center thing was what held him back. As stated above, he was playing well the entire time, the points just weren't coming.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad