Proposal: NJD M.Mcleod for EDM J.Puljujarvi

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
Id like to keep McLeod in NJ - hes an awesome fourth line center who does just about all we need but score more.. in which case hed be a third line center!

Reactions: Whaddagoal

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Id like to keep McLeod in NJ - hes an awesome fourth line center who does just about all we need but score more.. in which case hed be a third line center!
I'd like him as a 4th line centre in EDM too. Understand why you'd be hesitant to part ways with him. I think there's some untapped potential there too

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I wouldn't hate it if they did it, but the team isn't really flush with center depth unless they are comfortable moving someone like boqvist there full time.

I'd rather give up miles Wood

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Maybe an instance where Puljujarvi should be worth more, but McLeod fills a particular role so it wouldn't make sense for the Devils to do it.

At the moment, Holtz/Zetterlund are healthy scratches so I'm not sure where Puljujarvi would slot in. Meanwhile we don't have an internal candidate to replace McLeod.

Comically McLeod will occasionally start OT for us just to win the draw since Jack Hughes is terrible in the dot. Happened at least a couple times in OT on Monday where McLeod won the draw then immediately went for a change.

Reactions: Xirik

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I wouldn't hate it if they did it, but the team isn't really flush with center depth unless they are comfortable moving someone like boqvist there full time.

Doesn't fit our needs becouse of his contact.

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
I'd like him as a 4th line centre in EDM too. Understand why you'd be hesitant to part ways with him. I think there's some untapped potential there too
Jesper Boqvist has some untapped potential and has played center. Id rather keep McLeod though!

Reactions: MakoSlade

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Maybe an instance where Puljujarvi should be worth more, but McLeod fills a particular role so it wouldn't make sense for the Devils to do it.

At the moment, Holtz/Zetterlund are healthy scratches so I'm not sure where Puljujarvi would slot in. Meanwhile we don't have an internal candidate to replace McLeod.

Comically McLeod will occasionally start OT for us just to win the draw since Jack Hughes is terrible in the dot. Happened at least a couple times in OT on Monday where McLeod won the draw then immediately went for a change.
Understandable. I think there's some untapped potential in M.Mcleod. Oilers could use a RH face off guy for our bottom 6. Not sure Puljujarvi would excel in NJ, but maybe a team that could use a big bodied forward.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Bringing in Wood defeats the purpose of trading Pulujarvi. We need the cap space that a trade for McLeod might bring.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Devils should decline as Michael McLeod serves several purposes to NJ, as a defensive center that is a good skater and McLeod also has one of the best faceoff percentages in the NHL.

Jesse Puljujarvi is at a point where his 3mil cap hit isn’t worth where his production is at right now.

Puljujarvi has regressed to a point where I wouldn’t be surprised if he returns to Finland next season to play out the rest of his career.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
This is a bad trade for the Devils and this is coming from an Oilers fan lol

The only reason NJD would do this is if they see potential in Pulju as top 6 and they view McLeod maxed out as a 3rd/4th line guy

Reactions: OKR

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

college kids have gotten scholarships in lax for this. FoGos are common in college lax

Reactions: My3Sons

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
No interest in trading McLeod. HE has been fantastic for us. Aside from not being able to finish he does virtualyl everything else right.
He never is going to live up to his hype or draft positin but he is more valuable than Puli

Reactions: MCMIL OIL

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
college kids have gotten scholarships in lax for this. FoGos are common in college lax
Not many get a full ride. A team gets 12.5 scholarships annually. Most recruit more than that. Teams often subdivide scholarships. Perhaps the top few FOGOs get heavily recruited but some schools deprioritize the positon or only recruit one intermittently.

Reactions: Smitty426

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
No way

We need a 3C (or a winger to push Haula to 3C role), if we trade McLeod there is no option down in Utica to fill the 4C role

he's the hardest worker guy on the team too
Which is hard to believe and impressive because Mercer is also on the team! (hardest worker)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad