NJD Lottery Fail- Magic/Elimination Number Thread

DevilChuk*

Well, tonight literally went as poorly as it possibly could've.

Updating OP now..

EDIT: all done, will update LA/COL game tomorrow.

gotta win to even bother at this point..

Last edited by a moderator:

Stigy

May 9, 2012
New Jersey
Well, tonight literally went as poorly as it possibly could've.

Updating OP now..

EDIT: all done, will update LA/COL game tomorrow.

gotta win to even bother at this point..

Everything that could've gone wrong did.

It just seems like it's not meant to be this year. :help:

apice3*

Tonight is our first true must-win. If we lose tonight, it's over. Win tonight, and we live to fight another day.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tonight is our first true must-win. If we lose tonight, it's over. Win tonight, and we live to fight another day.

Funny thing is points wise it isn't. We can still afford one more regulation loss and still get to 53 or 54 points which in theory should be enough.

That said this is a must win for more then just standings reasons. We need to start a winning streak now, we need to be rolling a 3 or 4 game streak going into the first Rags game. So yes tonight is the first true win, I definitely agree...can't afford to drop this because then we actually have to win out no ifs ands or buts.

DevilChuk*

Updated slightly, only for the Devils/Senators game.

I'll do the WC games for lottery positioning later tonight.

Playoffs are almost out of the question at this point. 6-1 at very worst, sweeping the Rangers and with a little help is pretty much our only shot.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We need to win out, and get some help. Possible but not extremely likely. One more loss is the final nail.

Math wise 54 points could definitely be enough, but this team doesn't believe they can even come close to that at this point it seems. They don't look confident at all.

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Calgary and Edmonton also play today.

if Edmonton were to win they move up a spot and we fall down a spot in the overall standings and if Calgary wins well they're just 4 points closer to us.

DevilChuk*

Another ****** as possible day :(

Well at least I'm tracking lottery results also so this thread isn't becoming more and more useless :laugh:

EDIT: updating all East games now, will do all West games later tonight.

DevilChuk*

Good stuff all the way up to #10 in draft order as of right now

we haven't moved in draft order in awhile.. though that may begin to change as Buffalo looks like they can pass us pretty soon.

Elimination number now down to single digits.. 8 points.

Ugh.

EDIT: All updated now. Basically, we got worse in playoff outlook while not getting much better in draft outlook. Pretty much worst case scenario kind of day.

Draft wise, hopefully Buffalo/Nashville win tomorrow and pass/get closer to us.

EDIT2: All games from Sunday updated, we've officially dropped to the 9th overall pick though we have two games to play to 'catch' Buffalo. Going to be weird tomorrow. I still desperately want this team to win but at this point, winning doesn't do much good since playoffs are an absolute long shot. Guess that's what separates us fans from those of the usual bottom feeders..

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilChuk*

Playoff implication games are over (Eastern conference) and obviously, didn't go very well :laugh:

Beginning to think we're literally cursed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 8m
If things continue to fall the wrong way for the Devils in their games and others, they could be mathematically eliminated Thursday night.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 4m
If NYR, Ottawa and Isles all win (reg/OT) Tues and Thurs & Devs don't get a pt in Philly Thurs, they'd be 10 pts out/5 left, lose tiebreaker

DevilChuk*

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 8m
If things continue to fall the wrong way for the Devils in their games and others, they could be mathematically eliminated Thursday night.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 4m
If NYR, Ottawa and Isles all win (reg/OT) Tues and Thurs & Devs don't get a pt in Philly Thurs, they'd be 10 pts out/5 left, lose tiebreaker

He's wrong..

EDIT: nevermind, yea he's talking about them winning BOTH Tuesday AND Thursday AND the Devils losing. That's the 6 points right there. but that's probably not going to happen, we'll be eliminated sometime this weekend most likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad