Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] F Jesper Bratt signs with Devils (1 year, $5.45M)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Would take trading a first to dump money to sign him when they can just, you know, sign him to an extension in 2023.

You might be surprised what the AAV is on an extension signed in 2023 with the cap going up significantly in the next few years.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Why is this still open, so people can concern troll Bratt’s next contract?
I'd imagine because he is one of New Jersey's most prominent players and someone upon whom there are a divergence of opinions.

Not sure how that is considered "trolling"?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
You're not going to get him for less than ~8.5M AAV on a long term deal right now, and every game he plays that number is going to go up.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I'd imagine because he is one of New Jersey's most prominent players and someone upon whom there are a divergence of opinions.

Not sure how that is considered "trolling"?

He can’t sign until Jan 1st so yes, it’s people “discussing” his hypothetical contract for months and months in this thread.

I don’t actually care, if they want to leave it open for that, then ok, but that’s what’s going to happen.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Not gonna lie but I was a bit surprised when I looked at his stats for this year.

Is he playing primarily on a line with Nico Hershey Squirts?

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
You might be surprised what the AAV is on an extension signed in 2023 with the cap going up significantly in the next few years.
I might not care because we couldn't sign him and stay under the cap, and we can just sign him for free at like 10M and feel pretty hunky dory about it.

Especially with the cap going up. And (at least) Tatar Johnsson Blackwood off the payroll. Hughes and Hischier are signed far below their value

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
i disagree here.

paying a winger that much hasn't been the model for success in the nhl. above 10m you should really explore the trade market.

no, no. i don't mean to trade him, for whatever you can get. but you really look at the market first then. this would be way above the 4 first round picks compensation level contract and i assume the devils would compete against themselves here.
Players have only really been given $9+ million dollar contracts regularly for the past year or two though so it’s hard to say it hasn’t been the formula for success. There have been high paid wingers in a few cup winning teams

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Paying anywhere close to that is absurd.

A good comparison would be Gaudreau and already Columbus is having buyer's remorse.
We get it. You hate the devils best player.

Bratt isn’t even sort of comparable in career position. Just a totally different contract.

And it’s been all of 10 games in Columbus, lol

Reactions: HBK27

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm giving Bratt 9.5x8 and calling it a day. Devils are lucky they locked up Nico and Jack so they can "overpay" another homegrown elite talent because they would be in cap hell if they waited on those two guys as well.

Reactions: HBK27

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Bratt hasn't scored 40 goals or 100 points in a season yet. Sounds like you hope he never will.

They're both undersized, gifted offensive players. Bratt will get his points and make dazzling plays.

He'll also disappear for long stretches and be a liability in his own end, particularly in heavy games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad