Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Character issues at play here with Hall? Who knows. seems like an overpay unless something was going on behind the scenes with Hall that oiler management weren't fans of.

Makes you wonder a little bit..

There's no character issues with Hall. He is an amazing competitor and a great person. You're just trying to make sense of this.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
I'm happy for Hallsy to just get out of that hell that has been Edmonton's organization for the past decade. It's about time to move on.

But that's all he got? Are you kidding me?

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Not as lopsided as people are claiming it to be. Larsson is easily top pair. He's awesome. Very disappointing to see him go but Hall is a nice addition.

Reactions: koyvoo

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I don't get people laughing at Oiler fans who have said in the past that he should've fetched more. The reason for all the outrage on these boards is BECAUSE he should've fetched more. It just reaffirms that it was a horrible trade for Edmonton because everyone knows Hall is worth more.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I think its a good trade for Edmonton. Larsson has #1 potential, and is on a phenomenal contract for the long term. Hall is a spectacular talent, but has done nothing but lose in Edmonton for years now.

Edmonton will be vastly improved next year.

Reactions: koyvoo

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
Not as lopsided as people are claiming it to be. Larsson is easily top pair. He's awesome. Very disappointing to see him go but Hall is a nice addition.

2nd pairing offense, 2nd pairing corsi, 1st pairing zone starts, he was playing above his head.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I don't understand the NHL.

Let's make a comparison here.

Larrson Solid No. 2 guy?
Gudbranson Solid No. 4 guy? maybe no. 3

Both tall big bodied guys
Both will probably put up 15 - 20 points this year.
Both right shot, right side Dmen

I think Larsson is definitely worth more...but Gudbranson returned a middle first round pick.... Larsson returns one of the best wingers in the league...in his prime. what?!?!?

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
will miss Larsson so much, but what a trade

if you posted that 1 for 1 on the trade board this time yesterday, you'd have been roasted

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Hall is the better player somewhat offset by the fact that Larsson has the cheaper contract.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
A trade 6 years in the making. "Draft BPA, trade for need". Edmonton waits, waits, waits, the high first rounders accumulate, still no top end defenseman. A gazillion skilled forwards, no impact guy on d, no right handed defensemen to speak of (Sekera, Klefbom, Nurse is pretty good imo).

And you do Taylor "Top winger in NHL" Hall for Adam Freaking Larsson?

No wonder the Blues are going to trade Shattenkirk.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I wonder what the Islanders offered? It would have included Hamonic and while Larrson is better, I would have taken the Hamonic+++

What NHL hockey have you been watching ? Larsson is better than Hamonic ? That's pure insanity. No way they were getting Hamoninc +++ if they ONLY got Larsson in return. Great trade by NJ, horrific trade by the Oilers. I'm an Islander's fan through and through, but the Devils are my 2nd favorite, and I'm very jealous of the Devils right now, great trade. Watch a lot of Devils games since they came to NJ, no way is Larsson in Hamonic's league at this moment. Never was impressed by Larsson, incredibly hyped prospect. Decent 3rd pairing dman with 2nd pairing potential (possibly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad