Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
How can the league even approve this??? Can GM's complain to the league and veto anything??

I'm in shock.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Character issues at play here with Hall? Who knows. seems like an overpay unless something was going on behind the scenes with Hall that oiler management weren't fans of.

Makes you wonder a little bit..

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Oilers overpaid, but this is the kind of move they had to make. They had to lose out to get a good defender....I just always thought Hall wasn't the piece that would move. That said, Larsson's potential needs to be realized for this to work for Edmonton.

Reactions: koyvoo

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Did Chia owe Jersey something from back in his Boston days? There would have been at least 10 teams offering more imo.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wonder what the Islanders offered? It would have included Hamonic and while Larrson is better, I would have taken the Hamonic+++

I wouldn't. The Oilers only have trade value, and no success. Pay more to get the player you want. Hamonic vs Larsson is an interesting debate though. Larsson's ceiling is definitely higher.

Also, I like this trade better than the Kessel trade. It's definitely not the worst trade in NHL history at all. Not even the worst 1 for 1 trade. I would argue the other trade today was worse for value's sake.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Worst trade in the past decade

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a worse trade. Maybe Gomez for McDonagh, but at least at the time McDonagh was just a prospect who was having a bad year, so he was seen as high risk to never make the NHL. In terms of established players, Larsson for Hall seems like the worst trade in decades.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
over or under, for guys who are screaming this is a robbery, that they saw Larsson play more than 5 games? (not all Larssons, just this one)

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Salivating at a Klefbom-Larsson pairing.

It's not amazing value for Hall, but we needed a young Dman, and Larsson is a good one. Klefbom was on the cusp of being a #2 Dman before he got injured, and I'm convinced he's establish himself this season. Larsson had amazing advanced stats last season, and we'll finally have a top pairing next season. FINALLY. Moving Hall is worth having a top pairing.

Love that Gregor is ripping the org on the radio, though, regarding keeping Lowe, Howson, and the other bunch of losers for YEARS -- and that is ALL on the owner, Katz, who is a ****ing joke. LONG LONG overdue that someone ripped them on the radio. Lowe should've been fired a LONG time ago, and he's not the only one. Katz is the only moron that would keep these jokers for so long, and they are STILL employed. What a joke.

^yup just listened to that myself and he's right. if Lowe is on the business side of things and has nothing to do with the hockey end of it then that's fine, but why are MacT, Howson and Buchy still here?? "to earn the rest of their contracts" sure, but they all should go now!!

journeyman79

May 29, 2009
This is a brutal trade, and I agree one of the worst that I can remember. But honestly who didn't see this coming? You can't have that many forwards drafted in the top 5 and realistically expect you're gonna get full value for each one.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Hahaha what a hilariously bad trade for Edmonton. Absolutely awful.

Incredible trade for Jersey. No idea what the Oilers were thinking, they deserve to be terrible forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad