Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
while im sure that Larsson could do well for the Edmonton Oilers, he's solid steady defenceman already, but Hall does seem to be an overpayment. Eberle or maybe Nugent Hopkins, but Hall?

Oils D, got up a notch and the Oil O got down two notches...

Guess it have something to do with cap hit as well then?

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Good hockey trade. Larsson is already pretty fantastic and he's only getting better. He's also on a great contract. Edmonton did great and they will probably sign Lucic now.

NJ probably got the better piece right now but they also got the bigger risk. Simply put their team got pretty badly shaken up while the Oilers just got more solid.

I do like this trade for both.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I think this is a trade Edmonton had to make, being the GM of that team has been a bit of a trap where the core that you can't win with is too valuable to your fans; so they hadn't been able to pull the trigger and get core players in other roles.

This was absolutely the right move and although NJD get a more valuable player Edmonton makes their team better.

Reactions: koyvoo

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I love how people underestimate Larsson, he is a stud, next Vlasic. No player in NHL plays more dzone starts then him. But I guess Points is everything..

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It was a hard but necessary trade. I can't believe one of the golden childs finally got traded. We've been saying it for a long time Oiler fans. They weren't as valuable as you thought. But on the flip side Larsson is gonna be so damn good. Just wait about another 2 years and you'll be saying, "Taylor who?"

Short term Devils win
Long term Oilers win

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I like Larsson but...

uggggggggghhhhhh no Oilers.

Hall is the guy you keep, the rest of them are the ones you trade.

Now don't trade McDavid.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Interesting to say the least. Edmonton got screwed a bit, but it's not all bad. Larsson could still end up a really good defenseman, and as he is now he's better than anyone they've got.

canucks10

Jan 15, 2014
Over the Rainbow
Young right handed d-men are one of the most sought after players in the league, teams looking to acquire them via trade almost always have to pay a premium.

Yes Edmonton gave up the better player but it's not as one sided as people are making it out to be

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Lol tsn is ******** on this trade as It write this on Ottawa radio xD

Saying terrible value for Edmonton.

Like surprisingly bad.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Everyone who knew anything knew Oilers needed to improve their blueline and would have to overpay to do so and they did. Oilers fans not happy to see Hall traded like this.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I guess Taylor Hall's value wasn't as high as some were speculating. Larsson is a good young d-man, but straight up for Taylor Hall? Ouch.

I'm sorry PW, I love ya pal, but Larsson and the words "good" do not belong in the same sentence. This was a TERRIBLE trade for Edmonton, no matter how anyone spins it.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
This might be the worst straight up deal in NHL history. Anyone got a worse one?

Naslund for Stojanov says hi.

I think people are underrating Larsson's upside here, but Hall is a nice get for NJ. Depends if he gets some chemistry for Henrique if this works out for them.

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
I think this is a trade Edmonton had to make, being the GM of that team has been a bit of a trap where the core that you can't win with is too valuable to your fans; so they hadn't been able to pull the trigger and get core players in other roles.

This was absolutely the right move and although NJD get a more valuable player Edmonton makes their team better.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad