Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Dmitry Kulikov signs with the Devils (1 year, $1.15M)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
its-something.jpg

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I haven't really watched him play that much. Does he hit or play agressive at all ? Does he have any sort of "mean" in him ? Devils have no one like that besides maybe Subban who throws an odd hit or two.
Good enough for PK1 or more of a PK2 player?
I'm guessing he slides in on the left side on bottom pairing with Smith ?

I really hope that Fitz is not done adding D. I like the signing as he is an upgrade to what we had last year in the bottom 5/6 , but still need a legit top paring D or even a 2/3/4 guy....
Dunn Sergachev Cernak type.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Solid defensively depth LHD for 1 year, can't really complain. I guess it means that neither Greene nor Vatanen come back.

If Kulikov provides a stable defensive partner that can help PK Subban rebound somewhat he's done his job. NJ can potentially run two competent if unspectacular pairs out on defense. They need to decide what to do with the third pair. I'd suggest a similar cheap defensively solid veteran to pair with Butcher on a short term deal so the prospects NJ has on defense are not blocked.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I was surprised to see that he was averaging minutes 20 a game last season. But then I remembered a pool noodle would have gotten 15 minutes for Winnipeg.

Not to insult the player or the team. Winnipeg is probably better without him, and Kulikov is probably better than 1.15 million.

Reactions: jaloviina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad