Proposal: NJD/COL

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Graves probably has more value around the league than Avs fans want to admit. But I'd give him away to any team that was willing to eat his contract.

We haven't exactly been happy with him over the last two years.

Last edited:
Reactions: LurkerMcgee

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Graves doesn't do enough for me
I'd rather just keep the lottery ticket Maltsev could go though, no attachment to him at all, he doesn't scream full time NHL player to me, he's an AHL guy that can fill in if needed

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Honestly if Graves went to NJ it might force Seattle to take an even bigger(not huge, but bigger) contract like a Compher. That cap space is worth a lot in addition to whatever Graves brings back.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd do it tbh. Recoup a 2nd round pick for a player we just don't need with our depth on the Left Side. Do it before ED and then Seattle takes Donskoi....

That'd be a nice 7M in cap freed up. Enough to go after a guy like Danault

Reactions: Ararana and Avs44

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Graves probably has more value around the league than Avs fans want to admit. But I'd give him away to any team that was willing to eat his contract.

We haven't exactly been happy with him over the last two years.

Can you expand on this or summarize the pros/cons/XO's for him.
Is he okay with top 4 minutes or ideally a good 3rd pair guy?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Can you expand on this or summarize the pros/cons/XO's for him.
Is he okay with top 4 minutes or ideally a good 3rd pair guy?

He’s a decent third pairing guy who can PK pretty well. He has a pretty good slap shot though he’s an idiot on when to use it.

He’s slow as shit and offense dies on his stick 98% of the time. He’s paid too much for too long for the caliber of defenseman he is. I can only assume Sakic signed him before he discovered Devon Toews was going to fall into his lap.

If he was making under 2 million for one less year I think he’d be worth the contract. Right now he’s just a guy in Bowen Byram way taking up too much of the Avs’ cap space.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
He’s a decent third pairing guy who can PK pretty well. He has a pretty good slap shot though he’s an idiot on when to use it.

He’s slow as shit and offense dies on his stick 98% of the time. He’s paid too much for too long for the caliber of defenseman he is. I can only assume Sakic signed him before he discovered Devon Toews was going to fall into his lap.

If he was making under 2 million for one less year I think he’d be worth the contract. Right now he’s just a guy in Bowen Byram way taking up too much of the Avs’ cap space.
Devils don’t need any more bottom pair defenseman. Especially after trading for Siegenthaler. It’s a definite NO to Graves.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
My hope is this trade were to come to fruition is that he’d be paired with Severson and then find another RD down the road, unless the draft pick is Clarke, to pair with Ty Smith.
Hamilton is going to be our new RHD .
Fitz is going to have an epic off-season and add Hamilton along with a good 1b veteran goalie plus a too 6 forward .
I am going to keep saying this to myself and posting it until I will it into existence . While I’m at talking about pipe dreams I may as well make another very unlikely prediction . Devils will add Tarasenko or Gaudreau or Monahan via trade. Or … C Keller or Garland or Tkachuk or Tatar or Drouin or Meier or E Kane or Kuz or Reinhart or Saad or Laine or S Jones or …. did I miss anyone or does that cover everyone that has about a 0.75% chance of happening
Edit , forgot RNH

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
As an Avs fan, I'd say Graves for a 3rd round pick is enough. He's ok, but is playing a game that's bigger than his skill set allows.

I think Avs are fine with Seattle claiming Graves, so no real need to trade him.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Fitz is going to have an epic off-season and add Hamilton along with a good 1b veteran goalie plus a too 6 forward .
I am going to keep saying this to myself and posting it until I will it into existence . While I’m at talking about pipe dreams I may as well make another very unlikely prediction . Devils will add Tarasenko or Gaudreau or Monahan via trade. Or … C Keller or Garland or Tkachuk or Tatar or Drouin or Meier or E Kane or Kuz or Reinhart or Saad or Laine or S Jones or …. did I miss anyone or does that cover everyone that has about a 0.75% chance of happening
Edit , forgot RNH

If we stick to the rebuild that's us in two years.....Look at Vegas they traded Suzuki to Montreal for Paciorety that came back to bite them stick to the rebuild see what we have . Sign free agents I'm fine with trading futures for vets no way

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Edit , forgot RNH
Jamie Oleksiak in FA but otherwise you nailed it, nice work!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad