Pre-Game Talk: NJ @ TOR - 7pm EST Nov 17th - Dance with the Devils.

Game Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
You know NJ has this game circled as a game where they can show the hockey world they aren't messing around. This game will almost certainly mean more to them then it will mean to us for that reason alone.

Like beating the Leafs is a measuring stick of how good a team is. :laugh:

Sure would be nice if these games didn't always mean more to the opposition though.

Reactions: xigon

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Still not a fan of Keefe's setup for the bottom 6. Malgin deserves to be moved up and we are struggling with bottom 6 scoring anyway. Would like to see him moved up and perhaps Jarnkrok moved down as hes been a black hole on the third line

You have to move him to 1/2 if you're going to do it.

No point blowing up the 4th line with it's success to move him to the third

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That's it? 12 goals between 22nd and 1st?

That doesn't seem like a very big spread considering It's 22nd vs. 1st.
No not a terrible spread. Fairly early in the season. Still I would hope to see an uptick for the Leafs getting more 5 on 5 goals soon.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No not a terrible spread. Fairly early in the season. Still I would hope to see an uptick for the Leafs getting more 5 on 5 goals soon.

I'm sure they will remember they started similarly last year.

They are in an odd spot on one hand the stats and eye test say they are struggling to score.

On the other they have 4 players at ppg or better and Rielly isn't far off with 14 points in 17 games.

Something doesn't add up.

Reactions: Burnie97

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Should be a great game tonight .. da Devils can fly so 1st true test of speed .. excited to see Murray at home .. expect Matty to show up tonight .. can't wait to Go down .. GLG

Reactions: ToneDog

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This is an intriguing match-up and should be an entertaining game. Big picture though, this game to me is the same as the last one in the sense that how Murray plays is 100 times more important than anything else.

Hope you're ready Matt, this looks to be a tough one. GLG!!

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Like beating the Leafs is a measuring stick of how good a team is. :laugh:

Sure would be nice if these games didn't always mean more to the opposition though.
That's not exactly what I was insinuating, although we are a good team. My point was that when you want to make a statement, there is no better place to do that then under the bright lights of Toronto. It is why seemingly every team gets up to play us.

If the Devils come into Toronto and rinse us, the entire hockey world will take notice. These guys are on a 10 game heater and can barely grab a headline. If you think the players don't take it personal, just look at Jack Hughes most recent interview when he was asked about the Devils "inability" to play a complete 60 mins. No one is giving them the respect they deserve. It's hard to win in the NHL, and they've won 10 straight. This is a good Devils team. They'll be hungry to show the rest of the hockey world this IMO.

We are going to need to be our best

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

It's only 5-on-5, and Coyotes are another 13 back of us.

As long as they get one more goal in total than the other team at the end of the night, thats all that matters.
I thought actual goals was now considered to be one of the least useful stats.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That's not exactly what I was insinuating, although we are a good team. My point was that when you want to make a statement, there is no better place to do that then under the bright lights of Toronto. It is why seemingly every team gets up to play us.

If the Devils come into Toronto and rinse us, the entire hockey world will take notice. These guys are on a 10 game heater and can barely grab a headline. If you think the players don't take it personal, just look at Jack Hughes most recent interview when he was asked about the Devils "inability" to play a complete 60 mins. No one is giving them the respect they deserve. It's hard to win in the NHL, and they've won 10 straight. This is a good Devils team. They'll be hungry to show the rest of the hockey world this IMO.

It is da case for many teams but with da Devils you got Mikey, Dougie, Smitty, Nate and Jack who all have their families and friends in rink cheering hard .. some great kids there .. should be a good game .. sorry boys gotta hope you guys lose da heater tonight .. text me Rich and paully I am going for a few at hot Stove before game and I will pick up your tabs too or after game for a late one maybe before last train

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Not often I am cocky with this team but tonight is ez claps. Leafs always destroy the Devils. They aren't some top team in the league, they are a team running on hot goaltending which everyone knows how much that can mask problems.. Hell Vancouver looked legit with their goalie playing well last season.

Tonight is the night where hot goaltending doesn't matter. I predict the Leafs are putting up 6 goals.
I do love your optimism and will be cheering for you to be right

It's only 5-on-5, and Coyotes are another 13 back of us.

I thought actual goals was now considered to be one of the least useful stats.
Only to some.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
One thing I noticed is that NJ is top 5 in the NHL in PP share. So they are on the PP much more often than their opponents.

Leafs are 11th last. Very curious considering they basically play the same style.

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See

Damn this was well said.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
5 Dollar Bill got you through that front door
Cowboy hat got you out on the dance floor

2 steppin thru those neon lights
With a girl in boots,and tight Levi’s!

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
I don’t know why Keefe isn’t letting Robertson play to his potential. Give him some minutes and let him prove himself. If you aren’t going to do that then send him to the marlies where he can get those minutes and continue to develop. Sitting in the press box does nothing.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006

thats almost 1 goal per game .. thats pretty significant.

im surprised robertson into in the lineup for this one. Seems like a perfect game for him to get in on. but i get the whole, "if its not broke dont change it mentality"
im also very worried about benn vs this speed. we will miss brodie alot after games like this.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Not often I am cocky with this team but tonight is ez claps. Leafs always destroy the Devils. They aren't some top team in the league, they are a team running on hot goaltending which everyone knows how much that can mask problems.. Hell Vancouver looked legit with their goalie playing well last season.

Tonight is the night where hot goaltending doesn't matter. I predict the Leafs are putting up 6 goals.
Not to be rude on another teams board, but you have no clue what you’re talking about and this couldn’t be further from the truth. The devils have the best shot differential in the league and some of the best metrics for offense and defense in the league. The 3 losses they have had have been caused by the goaltending. So essentially their record could be better than it currently is if the goaltending was better than it has been.

The leafs have destroyed devils teams that were weaker than this and has major goaltending issues. These are not the same devils you’re used to better leaf teams beating.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Maybe watch the Devils play before making ridiculous posts like this lmao. Theyre dominating teams through and through, in all aspects of the game.

I've watched the Devils several times this season. I never said they were a shit team. They are a pure run and gun team. The Leafs defense will need to be sharp but if we play in their end.. like I said ez claps

Not to be rude on another teams board, but you have no clue what you’re talking about and this couldn’t be further from the truth.

Yeah for some reason fans of other teams are allowed to come in here and comment on our posts being wrong. Not picking on you, you are the third Devils fan to call me out. Leaf fans stick a toe on another board and Troll Stomper gives us his long dong without lube

Reactions: TrufleShufle

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I've watched the Devils several times this season. I never said they were a shit team. They are a pure run and gun team. The Leafs defense will need to be sharp but if we play in their end.. like I said ez claps

Yeah for some reason fans of other teams are allowed to come in here and comment on our posts being wrong. Not picking on you, you are the third Devils fan to call me out. Leaf fans stick a toe on another board and Troll Stomper gives us his long dong without lube
The devils aren’t a run and gun team and the devils defense does not give up a lot.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The devils aren’t a run and gun team and the devils defense does not give up a lot.

Eh man all love over here just how I see things. I guess we'll see if the Leafs put up 6 tonight or not and how the game goes. That's what's fine about sports

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Fitzgerald's trade to bring John Marino to NJ is looking like an absolute fleecing.

Man he would look good on our blue line.

Marino & Kubalik are 2 I wish we had a mulligan on this off-season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad