Friedman: NJ still interested in trading their pick (2nd OA) They are creating a list of players whom they would move it for.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Puljujarvi
Broberg
Yamamoto
1st

For

2nd overall

If you want to add Mcleod, Devils could add Zacha.
This sucks. Take out everything but pulujarvi for Zacha. Both similar players drafted high that could use a change of scenery. Pulujarvi has size, skill, high compete level but is not a smart hockey player. Zacha has size, skill, iq, but lacks a high compete level. Yamamoto is a skilled winger that gives it his all and can score but is a midget that can get manhandled. Broberg is another high pick that doesn’t look to be panning out anytime soon. I would absolutely not trade the second overall pick for these pieces.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Damn, imagine the Devils getting Gaudreau and Pasta at the same time, that would be sick!

I am team "cap doesnt matter" but they realistically cant afford that unless Bratt is included in the trade for Pasta, which doesnt make sense from NJ's perspective really

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
NJ signing Gaudreau and then getting Miller would make me very very afraid of that team real quick...

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
there is no generational player in this draft, and if there were, what generational player would you offer up for a younger generational player?

Makar wasn't even the top pick in his year. Looks like he's a generational player to me.

Usually the #1 pick doesn't even end up being the best player in the draft. Everyone is saying this is a weak draft at the top - I don't believe these horribly erratic predictions until I can captain hindsight 5 yrs later. They are never accurate prognostications with any level of consistency.

Bit of a rant apologies I just think the assuming on your behalf is much too early.

Reactions: AlaBlueShirt

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Makar wasn't even the top pick in his year. Looks like he's a generational player to me.

Usually the #1 pick doesn't even end up being the best player in the draft. Everyone is saying this is a weak draft at the top - I don't believe these horribly erratic predictions until I can captain hindsight 5 yrs later. They are never accurate prognostications with any level of consistency.

Bit of a rant apologies I just think the assuming on your behalf is much too early.
on this board you can read every year the same tune. this years draft class is average/bad. next years draft class looks much stronger. then next years draft gets closer and the same story repeats itself.

i think it is quite normal, that you evaluate younger players more generous. so on first glance mostly the positive aspects are emphasized. once in the limelight the expectations rise and the scrutiny starts to focus on the warts and weaknesses of the same talents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad