Leafs need RHD, Jersey wants LHD

To TOR: Seversson + Santini + pick

To NJD: Gardiner + Carrick + Kapanen

Rielly-Seversson
Hainsey-Zaitsev
Dermott- Santini
Borgman

Looks like a balanced defence to me.
Severson is contracted for 5 seasons. He isn't going to be swapped for 1 year of Gardiner.

If NJ is dealing with Toronto for Severson, I want Kadri as part of the deal. So we an asset back with some term on his contract.

My proposal:
Kadri, Gardiner for Severson, Zacha, Boyle.

Why Toronto:
Get a RHD that they need and open up some cap space next offseason to sign Matthews and Marner, while getting a young cheaper 3C former top 6 pick, whom still has very good potential to breakout and match Kadri's totals. Boyle provides additional C depth for 1 year, as well as leadership experience.

Why NJ:
Kadri fills a major long term need as 2C behind Hischier. Gardiner temporary fills a 2nd pairing LD need due to the departing John Moore, with a potential to re-sign long term. Severson departing opens a RD spot for Santini or Mueller to get more playing time. Butcher can also move across to RD. Boyle departing opens a spot for Mikey McLeod, whose speed fits perfectly with fast game style that Hynes wants.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
I was also thinking about a Gardiner-Severson swap

I dont know if we can or even need to include Santini with Toronto's defense and prospects. Toronto also just signed Carrick.

How about simplify it to Severson+prospect for Gardiner

Whats seversons contract like?

Cquant

May 14, 2015
I always wondered if Juolevi for Zacha made any sense. Both high picks.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Yuck. We're keeping Maatta if that's the return.
Yuck? That would be a perfect trade for Pitt. Saves us 4 million in cap space too. Zacha could either slot next to Geno and Kessel on LW and be a beast or he can center the 3rd line with Kessel long term.

Zacha is super talented he would light it up with Pitt.

And with NJs need for LHD I could argue this is a great trade for them too. Maatta fits right in with their core and be a top 4 D for them for a long time.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Yuck? That would be a perfect trade for Pitt. Saves us 4 million in cap space too. Zacha could either slot next to Geno and Kessel on LW and be a beast or he can center the 3rd line with Kessel long term.

Zacha is super talented he would light it up with Pitt.

And with NJs need for LHD I could argue this is a great trade for them too. Maatta fits right in with their core and be a top 4 D for them for a long time.
If you want to save money it doesn't have to involve Zacha. I'd rather go after someone else.

Every time I watch him he reminds me of Sheahan, which is not a bad thing. But I still wouldn't move a top 4 dman for a bottom 6 forward similar to what we currently have in Sheahan. He's not worth a Maatta like return for now at least.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
OP needs to edit requirements to include player must be above 6ft and have some capability to clear the crease.

3 guys already locked in the lineup are below 6ft and couldn't clear a teenage girl out of the crease.

Oh, and no, we don't want Gardiner.

Reactions: NJDevs and Billdo

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I was also thinking about a Gardiner-Severson swap

I dont know if we can or even need to include Santini with Toronto's defense and prospects. Toronto also just signed Carrick.

How about simplify it to Severson+prospect for Gardiner
Dumb.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Leafs need RHD, Jersey wants LHD

To TOR: Seversson + Santini + pick

To NJD: Gardiner + Carrick + Kapanen

Rielly-Seversson
Hainsey-Zaitsev
Dermott- Santini
Borgman

Looks like a balanced defence to me.

That’s bad for NJ.

I’m not giving up Severson and his contract for a year of Gardiner, and Santini is not equitable to Kapanen.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Rangers have plenty of LHD , who do you have in mind and what are you willing to give up for said defenseman ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad