NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
@KovalchukFistPump Bad beat man. Sorry about that. Going into that late Kings/Wild game I had exactly no prayer until the Wild scored 6 unanswered goals against Peterson tying it up... then I get regular season tiebreaker.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Is anyone interested in taking over the Commissioner’s role in running the league. I’m looking to hand it over after 8 years. I’ll still play though next season.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
I don’t want the league to fold or anything if you get no takers, Peter. So, I can Commish if you really want to step away. But not sure I’m the best choice as I mostly lurk around here.

Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I don’t want the league to fold or anything if you get no takers, Peter. So, I can Commish if you really want to step away. But not sure I’m the best choice as I mostly lurk around here.
Thanks Pops. I have given you Commish access. You only need to be active on these boards for 2-3 weeks prior to NHL season start to organize the draft, set keepers, and occasionally recruit new people to join the league to replace people who no longer wants to play.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
Sounds good. Thanks for all of your work with this.

@billingtons ghost Congrats! You got your revenge for last year. Injuries just did me in at the end.

Good season, everyone. If anyone knows they aren’t returning next year, please post here. If there are any rule changes people are interested in, please also post here. Personally, I really like the rules we have and am not interested in changing. But, up to the league.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Thanks Pops. I have given you Commish access. You only need to be active on these boards for 2-3 weeks prior to NHL season start to organize the draft, set keepers, and occasionally recruit new people to join the league to replace people who no longer wants to play.
Hey Dorker, thanks for being a terrific commish. You've done a terrific job handling this. I don't think anyone could have a complaint about anything over all these years, and that's super rare in my experience. Thanks for stepping up, Pops.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Sounds good. Thanks for all of your work with this.

@billingtons ghost Congrats! You got your revenge for last year. Injuries just did me in at the end.

Good season, everyone. If anyone knows they aren’t returning next year, please post here. If there are any rule changes people are interested in, please also post here. Personally, I really like the rules we have and am not interested in changing. But, up to the league.
@Pops Freshenmeyer Thanks man. I was sure happy they sat Ovi too. Losing Jarry and Saros was just unfair. Go figure that goaltending was the difference considering the load of crap I've been starting.

I like the league as it is too, as far as rules go. The only thing I think I'd adjust is maybe fostering more trades somehow, either in the off-season or someway. Not sure how to do it, though.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
@billingtons ghost Congrats!

I knew I needed to win the goalie battle if I was going to beat you in the playoffs, and your goalies came up big.

Was a fun year,

Book Him Dano will be looking for some payback next year. :thumbu:
Post automatically merged:

@SJinNewJersey Thanks! You had a monster year and I lucked out with that goalie magic in your round too.
Undoubtedly my toughest year getting there as I should've been out in the first round as @KovalchukFistPump had me dead to rights until Cal Peterson imploded at 8pm on the last Sunday for 6 goals against. Every round was a struggle. See you all next year.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
@PeterSidorkiewicz Is the draft order usually reverse regular season standings or reverse post-season standings? I think regular season, but wanted to double-check?

I think it's winner of consolation gets first, second of consolation gets second, and so on. That would give me third but I'm not sold on that. Either way I need to be better.
This is correct. Consolation winner picks 1st aka 7th place finish. This is to ensure no one tries to tank during playoffs or quits midseason.

Draft order works like this:
1. 7th
2. 8th
3. 9th
4. 10th
5. 11th
6. 12th
7. 6th
8. 5th
9. 4th
10. 3rd
11. 2nd
12. 1st.

Reactions: Pops Freshenmeyer

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
Got it. So, here is the order for next season:

1. Number 1 Team
2. Concussion Junction
3. Billdo
4. HBK27
5. Rented Mule
6. tmg
7. KovalchukFistPump
8. Just Win
9. Peter Sidorkiewicz
10. Book Him Dano
11. PopsFreshenmeyer
12. billingtons ghost

Reactions: Billdo

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all,

I sent an email to everyone on 8/13 re: either 9/30 or 10/1, but never heard anything back. I'm fine with 10/1 at 7:00pm EST. Keeper deadline will then be 9/25. If teams don't set their keepers, I'll have to open up the league to new people. Draft order is published earlier in this thread.

I believe everyone is back from last year, but please post here if you're out. @Billdo @billingtons ghost @SJinNewJersey @Henry Killinger @HBK27 @Just Win @KovalchukFistPump @tmg @Peter Sidorkiewicz [Don't know Number 1 Team or Rented Mule's usernames]

I'll send an email with the draft/keeper info as well. As a reminder, you can keep 5 players (1 of which can be a goalie).

Looking forward to the season.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Hi all,

I sent an email to everyone on 8/13 re: either 9/30 or 10/1, but never heard anything back. I'm fine with 10/1 at 7:00pm EST. Keeper deadline will then be 9/25. If teams don't set their keepers, I'll have to open up the league to new people. Draft order is published earlier in this thread.

I believe everyone is back from last year, but please post here if you're out. @Billdo @billingtons ghost @SJinNewJersey @Henry Killinger @HBK27 @Just Win @KovalchukFistPump @tmg @Peter Sidorkiewicz [Don't know Number 1 Team or Rented Mule's usernames]

I'll send an email with the draft/keeper info as well. As a reminder, you can keep 5 players (1 of which can be a goalie).

Looking forward to the season.
Number1 Team is @MakoSlade
Rented Mule is @south jersey devil
If you’re still looking ..... I’ll join up. As long as it’s a free league.

Been doing fantasy hockey for years... well decades to be exact..... but who’s counting.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00