Value of: NJ and PHI - What would you trade for Gaudreau?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
With an analysis like that I’d say you haven’t watched a minute of this series.

Like, the consensus by everyone is that Smith is the only positive for Calgary.

He may be a positive, but who knows if Rittich could of had been a better positive, who knows if he would of sh*t the bed, he could have 3 Shutouts right now or have given up 6+ goals each game, we're riding a 37 year old goalie in the playoffs, we should be giving the opportunity to the young guy, no? You want Smith signed long term cause I didn't say once he was playing bad, I was just hoping we would of done what we have been doing all year with the split starts, I get it ride the hot goalie, but we won't know what Rittich can do in the playoffs until he gets to play, I did not say Smith was playing bad, but this is now 3 straight losses, should of went Smith two home games, Rittich two away games just to see what they both can do!

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
He may be a positive, but who knows if Rittich could of had been a better positive, who knows if he would of sh*t the bed, he could have 3 Shutouts right now or have given up 6+ goals each game, we're riding a 37 year old goalie in the playoffs, we should be giving the opportunity to the young guy, no? You want Smith signed long term cause I didn't say once he was playing bad, I was just hoping we would of done what we have been doing all year with the split starts, I get it ride the hot goalie, but we won't know what Rittich can do in the playoffs until he gets to play, I did not say Smith was playing bad, but this is now 3 straight losses, should of went Smith two home games, Rittich two away games just to see what they both can do!
You said the Avs are showing clear superior goaltending, and I don’t know where that comes from. They should have played the goalie that gives them the best chance to win, this has nothing to do with age or bringing Smith back.

Reactions: BackhandToedrag

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No coach does that.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
If Flames get pounced in the first round I could see Monahan and/or Gaudreau getting moved. What would you give for him.
Not a chance both young great players on good deals (Johnny hockey has a top 5-10 contract in the NHL) and Chia isn't the Calgary GM

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
You really think the Avs are more skilled? Better all around game? The only thing they are better at us clearly is goaltending which is being shown, I still don't see why Rittich hasn't gotten his chance, we lost this series due to bad luck.

From the outside it sure looks like it. So far the Av's top players have been dominating, while the Flames top players have been mostly nonexistent. Even the Av's depth players have been outperforming the Flames depth. On defense, it seems like the Av's have been the far superior team as well. They are limiting the Flames time in the offensive zone, and jumping into the rush every chance they can. Goaltending is the only position that appears to be close at the moment. Smith has a .931 save percentage which is 5th in the playoffs. He's faced approximately 30 more shots than the closest goaltender in the playoffs so far. Even his GAA of 2.78 is 8th in the playoffs so far. I don't think goaltending is the issue there. Is Rittich going to let up more than 2 goals on 56 shots?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad