Value of: NJ and PHI - What would you trade for Gaudreau?

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
CGY wouldn’t touch that. Diminish returns here. They’re in compete mode and won’t move him for young players/picks needing time to acclimate.

It would cost us something we don’t want to give up
At minimum, this years first and konecny. Plus I would probably think.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The flyers shouldnt be pursuing upgrades at wing at the expense of other roster players. Giroux-JVR-Lindblom is perfectly adequate LW depth.

I cant put together a package that both a) i'd be comfortable offering and b) Flames fans would accept.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils don’t have anything the flames want
All we have worth anything are picks and 1 year of Hall.
Flyers would be better trade partners.
Would love either of course but not possible

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Gaudreau is probably the second most valuable winger in the league in terms of trade value. (Kucherov)

Signed at 6.75 for 3 more years.

Not a chance he is moved.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Gaudreau is probably the second most valuable winger in the league in terms of trade value. (Kucherov)

Signed at 6.75 for 3 more years.

Not a chance he is moved.

Gaudreau needs a big 1C to plough through defenses. Playoff hockey when the game tightens with more hitting, Gaudreau is useless.

He might be a good player, but needs big body support.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Why would NJ be considered? Gaudreau was born an raised in South Jersey, and he grew up supporting the Philadelphia Flyers. The Flyers would be his dream destination, but I doubt Fletcher would deal away the talented prospects in the Flyers system to acquire Johnny Hockey!

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Devils have nothing that wouldn't be a downgrade for Calgary or absolutely gut their future.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Voracek, Konecny, and 2020 1st. Calgary can still be in "win now" mode while also grabbing a good young player and another prospect. Doubt they accept it but that's the most I would do.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Dude veto so-so-so hard from the Flyers POV
I just look at it like this, you bring in a young player on a great contract which coincidentally ends the same year as Giroux's deal so Gaudreau can be extended using that space assuming Giroux starts to decline and either leaves or takes a lesser deal going forward. They probably end up saving close to $6m in cap space that can be used to go out and grab someone like Panarin and still leave space to sign the rest of the young guys moving forward. The 1st next year could very well be in the mid to late 20s so it's not a lock that it's a high end prospect. I'm also not as high on Konecny as most Flyers fans so maybe that plays into it. Sometimes I think he's got rocks for brains.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Why would NJ be considered? Gaudreau was born an raised in South Jersey, and he grew up supporting the Philadelphia Flyers. The Flyers would be his dream destination, but I doubt Fletcher would deal away the talented prospects in the Flyers system to acquire Johnny Hockey!
I have it on very good authority that Johnny's family would be over the moon with New Jersey as a destination. Considering he is almost literally as far away from his family as can be, they would be quite happy with the Devils

Reactions: HBK27

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
We won't be able to agree on anything. CGY would want Hall, and NJ would want to send futures and younger, less proven players.
Not saying this is factual, but if Hall made it clear he wasn't 100% going to sign with Jersey, I think this would be a good fit for both teams

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The flyers shouldnt be pursuing upgrades at wing at the expense of other roster players. Giroux-JVR-Lindblom is perfectly adequate LW depth.

I cant put together a package that both a) i'd be comfortable offering and b) Flames fans would accept.

Yeah this is one of those “oh he’s from there let’s send him home” things that doesn’t actually take into consideration the needs of either team

It’s also an extreme knee jerk reaction to want to trade him in the first place

Reactions: Starat327

DualThreat23

Nov 28, 2018
Not one person has mentioned Couturier...if Calgary really explored a Gaudreau trade with the Flyers, I wouldn't do the deal without Couturier included in the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad