Nioh - Action RPG for PS4 - February Release

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I still love this game and I'm still improving. The first real boss took me like 50 tries to beat, I beat the second boss on my first try.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Found a talisman with A+ stealth on it and now I can pretty much walk right beside dudes without them attacking me.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
definitely a mark as junk would be great and a sell all junk button at vendors

i just wish the comparison would compare every single stat. the way it is now, you can only compare stats that show up on both items. if one item has a stat that the other item doesn't have, you can only compare by selecting that item and remembering what stats don't show up on the other item.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I give anything that isn't purple to the blacksmith. Press a button to mark all items, unmark the purple ones.

Also, found this debuff list since I wasn't sure about some of them:
Fire: Damage over time burn on target
Water: Reduces physical defense of target
Wind: Reduces physical attack of target
Lightning: Reduces attack speed and movement speed of target
Earth: Increase Ki cost of target abilities
Discord/Confusion: Unique ailment achieved when enemy is afflicted with 2 or more elemental status effects; makes enemy more weak to all damage types, immediately drains Ki, and disables Ki regeneration
Paralysis: Prevents movement of target until they get hit or cure themselves
Poison: Another damage over time that can stack with fire

Paralysis/poison don't count towards discord.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
After the first boss kicked my ass relentlessly, I've been cruising. That final boss in the first area was pretty tough too. I eventually got him, but it took probably 10 tries.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I'm a spear user with light armor.... What guardian spirit should I be using/trying to get?

LOVE the game so far.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Should have uploaded this fight a couple nights ago but forgot.

This so far has been the only boss to take me more than 5 tries, got him on the 6th.

I'm sure as I get better I could fight him differently but I don't know if you can parry his charge attack and staying too close to him is tough at a lower level because his block stun, hit stun and damage are really high.

One annoying thing is that you're not allowed to use your own spirit animal, yet he abuses his.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

This so far has been the only boss to take me more than 5 tries, got him on the 6th.

I'm sure as I get better I could fight him differently but I don't know if you can parry his charge attack and staying too close to him is tough at a lower level because his block stun, hit stun and damage are really high.

One annoying thing is that you're not allowed to use your own spirit animal, yet he abuses his.

Yeah he's been the toughest for me as well. I started beating him with regularity(farming him for the Warrior of the West set) after I just started abusing him with magic. I used the magic that made his attacks weaker as well as the one where he doesn't recover Ki as quickly. He gets worn out pretty quickly allowing you to do that heavy attack when they have no Ki(I forget the name of the attack) frequently and just really do a ton of damage. Even when he does hit me it doesn't do a ton of damage because of the other magic attack. He destroyed me quite a few times before I tried something different. I tried fighting him like you did there, but I just couldn't do it. He was too quick for me.

EDIT: Oh, and it's a little cheesy, but I start by walking up the hill a little bit(but not too far so that he notices me) and then headshotting him with a hand cannon. He drops right there too allowing you to do a quick power attack on top of that. He loses like 20% of his health before he even gets off the ground.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

I made it to this boss yesterday, he whooped my ass on the 6th try too.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I didn't have to heal when I fought him but that's thanks to him being in the last beta.

There are more fights like him but tbh I think they end up being a bit easier thanks to human ki bars being easier to take advantage of than yokai whatever-the-**** meters.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

I feel much shame but ended up cheesing him using the rock.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
2nd mission's boss is destroying me right now

i'm at 5-6 tries and as soon as she stuns me i'm dead

She is super aggressive for an early boss, but once you get the hang of her, she becomes easy. Wait for her combo to finish and sprint in, hit her once or twice in low or middle stance, and run out. Her ranged paralyzing attack can be dodged just by sprinting to either side, whether she is up in the air or on the ground. You can use anti-paralytic needles if she gets you with it, so make sure to assign them.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
In the 3rd region right now and feel like in breezing through a bit, which is expected as you get better and your gear/skills improve. The rejuvenation magic makes exploration a lot easier, you also stock pile elixirs like crazy.

So far using mostly just dual swords and an axe. Want to level up swords more as well.

Beat my first twilight mission as well, it was only a level 15 mission so it wasn't too bad but the added variety is nice.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Maybe it's just because I'm 30 below the recommend level, but there's a submission in this game that's harder than anything I've seen in a Souls game.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Beat this last night. I was a little disappointed to find out that the equipment you get in hard mode doesn't seem to go past level 150. You really can only get better at that point by leveling your guardian or leveling your character...which means I may not ever beat those two sub missions they tack on at the end of the game :laugh:

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Beat this last night. I was a little disappointed to find out that the equipment you get in hard mode doesn't seem to go past level 150. You really can only get better at that point by leveling your guardian or leveling your character...which means I may not ever beat those two sub missions they tack on at the end of the game :laugh:

Your weapons can still be upgraded and optimized. They can go "150 + 1" all the way up to +10. Past that, they can jump up to level 320 max I believe. You have to do the later missions in "Way of the Strong" to get to that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad