Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Word seems to be spreading that Smash Ultimate has apparently somehow hit the streets already. Reddit seems to be going nuts about an alleged ISO leak as well but i can't seem to find evidence of it being confirmed (not looking for the Iso, but actually evidence it exists)

Really curious as to how it got out so quick, especially given Nintendo games aren't the easiest to rip with their weird data compression/formatting

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
No trophies/achievements.

Dang.. I feel like thats a missed opportunity. Oh well.

Enjoying Mario Odyssey so far. Mario Kart online multiplayer is a ton of fun. Probably won't be playing it much offline though.

Also been playing Fortnite and a little FIFA.

Overall the Switch is pretty awesome. However the online is ****, especially when it's a paid service. Also kinda have to pump a ton of money into it after buying. Definitely gonna have to drop another $60 on the pro controller.

Have you played Fortnite on Xbox or Playstation before? Wondering how it truly compares on the Switch.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Dang.. I feel like thats a missed opportunity. Oh well.

Have you played Fortnite on Xbox or Playstation before? Wondering how it truly compares on the Switch.

I've played a lot on Xbox as well. It's not quite as good but not too far off. There are some occasional technical glitches (frame drops etc) but it's still solid.
Definitely want to get the pro controller though as using the joy con grip isn't the best for Fortnite.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I held out on the pro controller for a few months. Played most of Zelda using the joycons and the grip.

It wasn’t until I got Odyssey that I felt like I needed a proper controller and yeah for something like Fortnite Online you probably want one.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I've played a lot on Xbox as well. It's not quite as good but not too far off. There are some occasional technical glitches (frame drops etc) but it's still solid.
Definitely want to get the pro controller though as using the joy con grip isn't the best for Fortnite.
I do have pro controller ordered..

Are the frame rate issues even when playing in docked mode on the TV?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
If you are all in on digital and still want some first party titles... change your region to EU.

33% off on the following, 25% on the season passes

Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda+Season Pass
Xenoblade 2+Season pass
Hyrule Warriors
Fire Emblem Warriors
Donkey Kong Country

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Snipperclips is US$9.99 for Black Friday. Highly recommended for anyone who ever uses local multiplayer.

I bought this because I thought it was something my wife would like to play with me. She is rarely into games but likes to watch me play. My friend came over and she wanted to watch us play it, and she fell asleep 10 minutes in (she's super pregnant). My friend and I played for another few hours and finished all the 1-2 Player puzzles. Now I need to find another game to play with my wife!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Played Mario Party last night.. still waiting on Odyssey, Splattoon, and Mario Kart to arrive.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I won’t get the GameCube adapter but I’ve now got a good collection of joycons and am tempted to buy a second pro controller. If they ever released a limited edition that looks good I would probably jump on it. The two colour Splatoon one is ugly and the Smash one is very dull.

As of now I’ve got a black pro controller, L+R blue joycons, L+R green, L pink and R yellow. I’ll probably keep these colours until they release some kinda limited edition I can’t resist (golden Zelda joycons would get my money easy), but I love the blue, the green, and like having the pink and yellow as the classic ugly fourth player controller. :nod:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So since my computer had went to shit it gave me some time to get back into Octopath Traveler. I had to end up just stealing every damn armor and weapon I ran across. I didn't know my gear was so crap apparently :laugh:
I've got 3 more characters to do their 2nd chapters on and then I'll move on further into the game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Skyward Sword allegedly getting a Switch port according to assorted interweb rumors. Would be literally the only Zelda port that I wouldn't be at all interested in. One of the most disappointed games I can remember, even if they fix the controls.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Skyward Sword allegedly getting a Switch port according to assorted interweb rumors. Would be literally the only Zelda port that I wouldn't be at all interested in. One of the most disappointed games I can remember, even if they fix the controls.

I wanted to like this one but I agree. It kills me cause my wife bought this game for me way back when and she was so happy and excited to gift it to me because she knew how much I love Zelda games. I had to force myself to play it cause I didn't want her to be disappointed, but the game was just not very good.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Picked up Celeste and Dead Cells from the sale... haven't had time to play either though.

Debating picking up NBA Playgrounds 2

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Skyward Sword is the game that made me think I didn’t like Zelda, or even videogames, anymore. It coming to Switch would actually bum me out a little.

Debating picking up NBA Playgrounds 2

Don’t! Or at least do some research first.

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about it being a buggy mess.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Skyward Sword is the game that made me think I didn’t like Zelda, or even videogames, anymore. It coming to Switch would actually bum me out a little.

Don’t! Or at least do some research first.

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about it being a buggy mess.

Only bad thing I read was micro transactions... but pretty much every game does that these days for unlocking things.. In terms of game play what I read from a few different sites was that it was improved with just a few gripes about legends not feeling much different from current players, sharpshooters not shooting a lot better than regular players, etc.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Only bad thing I read was micro transactions... but pretty much every game does that these days for unlocking things.. In terms of game play what I read from a few different sites was that it was improved with just a few gripes about legends not feeling much different from current players, sharpshooters not shooting a lot better than regular players, etc.

Well let me know how it goes. I’m genuinely interested but the buggy complaints about the first one have spooked me

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad