Proposal: Nino Niederreiter?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think this guy would be a great fit for our 3rd line now and in the future (when Spooner moves up).

Former 5th overall pick is 6'2, 205lbs, and plays a big, determined game. He can play either wing and is on pace for 40 goals (38) in the AHL as a 20 year old.

He's asked for a trade out of the Circus that is the NYI, and his agent has basically called Snow/Capuano incompetent.

What would it take? Would you be willing to pay it?

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Great fit indeed and if Horton is to be let go at the end of the year I could even see him moving into the top 6 taking his place

Rumors are the Isles will not deal him and I don't blame them. Asking price would be a lot and i'm not sure Chia would be willing to pay that

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
OK, I'm terrible with value. Spooner and a 2nd? Peverley and pick if they want someone who can play immediately?

Definitely have interest in this kid.

EDIT - probably not enough for NYI to move him.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
OK, I'm terrible with value. Spooner and a 2nd? Peverley and pick if they want someone who can play immediately?

That's definitely not getting us Nino. He's 20 years old and a 5th overall pick, it's going to take a top notch prospect going back with a pick or an NHL ready player

Kaoz*

I'd definitely love me some Nino but I have no idea what the Isles need or more importantly what they think they need.

They seem thin on the blueline? Maybe something around MacQuaid or Manchuck? Then again, we're fairly thin on the blueline as well outside the starting 6. Just an FYI, I traded Krejci to the Isle in NHL13... maybe that has legs ;)

*kicks the hornets nest*

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Hey Bill - think this could be a rather interesting move; however, I think Isles Mgmt said that they would develop el Nino on their time table.

It seems that there are a lot of players who don't want to be there.

I'd be up for it, think he could be a good gamble, if the price is right. But we don't know what he'll produce at the NHL level. I do think he'd fair better in our system, with Kelly/Pevs, than what he has done for NYI.

but the cost is my concern.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
That's definitely not getting us Nino. He's 20 years old and a 5th overall pick, it's going to take a top notch prospect going back with a pick or an NHL ready player

I'm not so sure. Why would a team give up a top-notch-prospect for a top-notch-prospect with baggage?

I'd think they'd have a better chance getting a package of futures or like you said, a player who could help them now and a pick.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'd definitely love me some Nino but I have no idea what the Isles need or more importantly what they think they need.

They seem thin on the blueline? Maybe something around MacQuaid or Manchuck? Then again, we're fairly thin on the blueline as well outside the starting 6. Just an FYI, I traded Krejci to the Isle in NHL13... maybe that has legs ;)

*kicks the hornets nest*

:laugh:

I read on their board they could use some help on D, especially with Streit's contract coming up.

Maybe Matt Grzelcyk would interest them (as a starting point)?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Hey Bill - think this could be a rather interesting move; however, I think Isles Mgmt said that they would develop el Nino on their time table.

It seems that there are a lot of players who don't want to be there.

I'd be up for it, think he could be a good gamble, if the price is right. But we don't know what he'll produce at the NHL level. I do think he'd fair better in our system, with Kelly/Pevs, than what he has done for NYI.

but the cost is my concern.

I wonder if the Isles saying that is damage control. If they're just trying to look like they're not in a weaker negotiating position.

I'd be excited to see what he could do here. My concern is also the cost and if we even have the assets to get it done. What about something like Khokhlachev and Grzelcyk?

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Nino would be awesome. He has Marchand type drive. Wants to win and the puck all the time.

Edit. Change my mind after I saw his stats from last year. Didn't realize he had such a bad season. I know he is a better player than what his stats indicated from last year. But still...

Last edited:

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I wonder if the Isles saying that is damage control. If they're just trying to look like they're not in a weaker negotiating position.

I'd be excited to see what he could do here. My concern is also the cost and if we even have the assets to get it done. What about something like Khokhlachev and Grzelcyk?

Koko and Grzelcyk would seem to be fair. And if they want something more, give them rights to Soderberg.

Last edited:

Kaoz*

:laugh:

I read on their board they could use some help on D, especially with Streit's contract coming up.

Maybe Matt Grzelcyk would interest them (as a starting point)?

Maybe as a throw in piece but not as the main one going back. My guess is if they're going to give up such a big piece of the future that they will want a piece back that can help immediately.

Maybe if you approached them with an offer of Pevs and Grzelcyk you might catch their interest, but does that help us? Seems a little too high risk.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

EDIT - probably not enough for NYI to move him.

I like Nino, have seen him twice this year live, plus All-Star game and as crazy as this sounds, I'd rather have Spooner.

I've heard some interesting comments about Nino and his skills translating to the NHL and I'd probably pass for Spooner plus especially. I think the Islanders know this to. He's a prospect and a good one but he did not impress last year

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jared Knight + Malcolm Subban is my offer

Why not Begeron- you been telling us how he stinks for years

also, Knight has injury history and little value until he gets on the ice and play 15-20 games; Subban is a first rounder and aint going anywhere

some scouts are not as high on Nino as Bruins fans that post on HF:laugh: I'd take a shot but you probably have to go Koko and Spooner and I'd pass- Caron and JK are not getting it done

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nino would be awesome. He has Marchand type drive. Wants to win and the puck all the time.
Edit. Change my mind after I saw his stats from last year. Didn't realize he had such a bad season. I know he is a better player than what his stats indicated from last year. But still...

That's my comparison as well. He was a firecracker in the rookie game

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I think this guy would be a great fit for our 3rd line now and in the future (when Spooner moves up).

Former 5th overall pick is 6'2, 205lbs, and plays a big, determined game. He can play either wing and is on pace for 40 goals (38) in the AHL as a 20 year old.

He's asked for a trade out of the Circus that is the NYI, and his agent has basically called Snow/Capuano incompetent.

What would it take? Would you be willing to pay it?

I wondered this for a whew days ... just not sure how we could make this one possible without losing something we like ;)

I was even trying to think of a packaged deal with Nino and Streit only if this one work easier or benefits us somehow of coarse :)

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

I am on board with that. Wonder if it would be enough for the Isles.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

Grzelcyk is probably too far away, but what about Krug?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Maybe as a throw in piece but not as the main one going back. My guess is if they're going to give up such a big piece of the future that they will want a piece back that can help immediately.

Maybe if you approached them with an offer of Pevs and Grzelcyk you might catch their interest, but does that help us? Seems a little too high risk.

Yeah, I don't think it helps the Bruins much to deal players off their roster.

I wonder if something around Koko or Subban + Griz would be enough?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hes a headcase. I don't want him. The Isles are trying to develop him and all he's doing is crying and whining like a baby. Suck it up kid.

He's pulling a Kessel when he got benched, and I don't want anything to do with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad