Confirmed with Link: Nils Lundkvist Requests Trade

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
No issue with him requesting a trade. Big issue with him threatening to not report to camp. Also, sounds like this was all being handled quietly behind closed doors—until Brooks reported it. Wonder who leaked it. This going public doesn’t help the Rangers.
This had to come from Lundkvist’s agent. It’s going to hurt his client’s value in a trade, but he doesn’t give a shit what the Rangers get back. It almost certainly will increase the number of offers received, even if they’re all garbage.

Reactions: nyr2k2

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It’s not the Rangers fault Nils fell down in the depth chart. Well, I guess it is because they have picked up some really solid defenseman.

However, it’s absolutely their fault that, once again, they think they can just bury a top prospect who probably deserves a shot in the AHL and think nothing will happen.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
No issue with him requesting a trade. Big issue with him threatening to not report to camp. Also, sounds like this was all being handled quietly behind closed doors—until Brooks reported it. Wonder who leaked it. This going public doesn’t help the Rangers.

Lundkvist got outplayed by Jones and Schneider last year. This is largely a problem of his own doing. Maybe the Rangers could have traded him sooner, but I don’t know what offers were out there last year.

Claude Lemiuex is the agent. Larry wrote an article earlier this summer saying Lemiuex should be hired to run the Devils hockey ops. Claude has been leaking the Rangers dirty laundry to the media since his shit head son was on the team

It’s not the Rangers fault Nils fell down in the depth chart. Well, I guess it is because they have picked up some really solid defenseman.

However, it’s absolutely their fault that, once again, they think they can just bury a top prospect who probably deserves a shot in the AHL and think nothing will happen.

a guy who was drafted 29th overall and got an immediate shot in the NHL (which he did nothing with), should be expected to get some seasoning in the AHL. These kids need to grow up.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
just wanna point out to the people saying he sucked the fact that he was saddled with the corpse of Patrik Nemeth's hockey career for the 3 months he was with the team. He significantly improved when away from Nemeth.

In 238:43 with Nemeth, they were on for 7 goals for & 8 against. In 70:39 away from him, Lundkvist was on for 6 GF & 1 GA. In terms of more "fancy stats", the only thing that didn't improve for Lundkvist when away from Nemeth was his xGF%. And while that fell about 1%, Nemeth's dropped by around 7%.

Seriously, Nemeth sucked.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Claude Lemiuex is the agent. Larry wrote an article earlier this summer saying Lemiuex should be hired to run the Devils hockey ops. Claude has been leaking the Rangers dirty laundry to the media since his shit head son was on the team

a guy who was drafted 29th overall and got an immediate shot in the NHL (which he did nothing with), should be expected to get some seasoning in the AHL. These kids need to grow up.

He was drafted 4 years ago and had a historic season in Sweden last year. That doesn’t automatically punch him his ticket to the NHL, but let’s not treat this like a Kakko situation.

For what it’s worth, he was more than fine in his time in the NHL. Was following what seemed like a totally normal trajectory to me - he was never going to be a huge offensive player. Smart, undersized two-way defenseman don’t light it up immediately typically.

He needs to grow up, but the Rangers should have learned their lesson with this stuff by now. This is like the fifth time it has happened.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
At some point when this becomes a trend within the organization, you have to stop and ask yourself wtf is going on.

No other NHL team has had this many 1st round picks just straight up mutiny against the team

Perhaps Drury realizes this because he’s basically gut the entire hockey operations staff but it’s getting to be embarrassing

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Alright who should the Rangers target? Better question is who can they actually get?

Gotta think it would be a pick/s or prospect coming back due to the fact they have zero cap room, unless a roster player is included.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Alright who should the Rangers target? Better question is who can they actually get?

Gotta think it would be a pick/s or prospect coming back due to the fact they have zero cap room, unless a roster player is included.

Mentioned it earlier that Sandin for Lundkvist makes sense for both teams, not sure what the particulars look like around that.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The issue here isn’t that he got passed up by a better player (Schneider), it’s that once again the Rangers don’t know when to sell or hold.

Lundkvist for a 2nd incoming…and he isn’t worth more than that.
Agree. The whole world knew Nils wasn't going to supplant anyone for a top 6 spot. Use the asset to shore up an area where you're not as rich or stockpiled. Should have tried to moved him once Schneider became the phenom RD.

And @SnowblindNYR is too busy in love to even give a shit about this news.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The issue here isn’t that he got passed up by a better player (Schneider), it’s that once again the Rangers don’t know when to sell or hold.
Lundkvist for a 2nd incoming…and he isn’t worth more than that.
I feel he’s worth more in a package deal. If you’re selling him for a second might as well overpay and do Chytil and Nils for Beniers or a true young center. Helps with the cap too. Unlikely the other team would pull the trigger on it but Chytils value is the highest it’s been

Last edited:
Reactions: Riche16

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Meanwhile, Zac Jones is already in NY skating with a few other guys who are either local or already here.

Take notes Nils.
To be fair, Jones has a much better chance of making the team than Lundkvist. That LD3 is up for grabs, while the rightside is set for years to come.

Dallas is the best fit. They have all of those young forwards. The Rangers probably could have traded Lundkvist to Montreal for Lehkonen but the Rangers could not afford Lehkonen’s new contract. $4.5M. Gorton has Bobrov running the Habs scouting department. What did Bobrov tell these guys? Andersson had the superiority complex. Kravstov has his issues. Lundkvist. Did they promise them they were going straight into the NHL? Brannstrom was traded to Ottawa in the Stone deal. The Rangers could have made that type of trade but they don’t have space to pay the player. Claude leaked this story to Brooks. They know each other from the Devils days. We used read about Lundkvist not signing with the Rangers. We used to get mad at Brooks. Claude was telling him. Does Montreal want Lundkvist? It’s September 1. Claude leaks the story to Brooks to pressure Drury. Very nice.

Claude Lemieux continues to be a huge pain in the ass for us

Payote75

May 11, 2021
This falls solely on the rangers why do we continue to trash these guys trade value. You want to horde and horde either make a God damn trade and get picks or even younger future assets or get anything if equal value before we get to this point. Now again we have an unhappy talented player I mean come one. This is really ridiculous teams already know when you have extra at certain positions but they still will deal somewhat fairly knowing this but soon as they announce they want out you just got your nuts put in a vice. Why do we really need 64 defenseman part of the job is to access who you think will be best and trade the other or others for assets curren future whatever.
It's almost like we have to test run everyone to make sure we get it right before we trade and by that time we get to this point. The kid is 22 what is he going to do wait and wait . . Same with Kravy and yes his shitty attitude but seems to be these guys have a point now this is a pattern. Access your kids and try and dump/fleece the ones you feel you won't need while others still hold them in high regard. This actually has me totally pissed off. Either have faith in your evaluations or quit your job. Ok let's just say Scheinder sucks in 2 years ago what let's call up Niles at 24 and so on. #freakinannoyed

Guys most of these kids are ready this should have all been assessed when Drury came in and he should have along with his team done what's best for the actual team on the ice. Then what Robertson makes it and we still will have lundquivst and Jones. Such mismanagement of assets.

Payote75

May 11, 2021
The trade requests themselves are embarrassing for a team like the rangers but why are you waiting til this moment. Your just slashing their value in half. Even someone now like Kravy say he has a great season yes things may workout but does anyone in this forum trust Kravy to say hey I'd like to comeback. I could see him giving us the finger and bolting.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I friggin love Hoglander.

I'm not so sure that he's going to be a great player or even a good one, but hes a ton of fun. I'd 100% be in favor of this move but I don't know that Vancouver would.
Canucks really don't have a spot for Hogs to flourish in. He's being forced down the lineup and didn't really do well under Boudreau. A one for one swap would be very fair if not even leaning towards Canucks getting better value back. I'm for it.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
The fact that the Rangers don't take advantage of their financial position by having an absolutely phenomenal AHL location is bonkers. Hartford while close by is clearly not working out as far as Euro prospects wanting to go there. It's a cultural wasteland and no fans show up to the games. It seems super depressing. They should try to get their farm team into Brooklyn. Make it fun for the Euro kids. Barclay's center might suck for an NHL team but it's more than okay for AHL hockey. I dunno. But the fact that they're in a city that can't seem to draw fans is a real issue. Are there any other arenas in the area that might be better? It's crazy how repulsed the europeans seem to be from their time in HFD.

Payote75

May 11, 2021
The fact that the Rangers don't take advantage of their financial position by having an absolutely phenomenal AHL location is bonkers. Hartford while close by is clearly not working out as far as Euro prospects wanting to go there. It's a cultural wasteland and no fans show up to the games. It seems super depressing. They should try to get their farm team into Brooklyn. Make it fun for the Euro kids. Barclay's center might suck for an NHL team but it's more than okay for AHL hockey. I dunno. But the fact that they're in a city that can't seem to draw fans is a real issue. Are there any other arenas in the area that might be better? It's crazy how repulsed the europeans seem to be from their time in HFD.

Yes this is a while separate rant for me. Quite honestly a lot of both these issues are on Dolan. Mixing in to much win now has cost us some of these spots and obviously salary cap then like you said above get them the hell out of Hartford the rangers are supposed to represent class that place is a shit hole it's not my at all it's just dumb. He makes enough the rangers to fix that issue let alone all his other streams of income.

Reactions: mas0764

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I don't think many highly touted prospects are going to want to hang around on a team that seems to have no spot for them. The rangers have drafted well when it comes to dmen. If Schneider was an LD Jones would probably be asking for a trade too this offseason. Nils seemed to be improving as the season went on but Nemeth was a tire fire and anyone paired with him looked no good. Schneider came up with a bigger body and more swagger to his game but that third pairing was still awful with him. It will still be a mistake for him not to show up to training camp but I'm sure that's just agent talk.

Reactions: will1066

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
I know we all love Lindgren, but he should ultimately be the odd man out in a couple years, which sucks since that opens up a spot for Nils. If we give term to Lindgren, we’re screwed.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Do people really think that if Hartford was, I don't know, f***ing Paris or Barcelona or something, that Kravtsov, Andersson, or Lundkvist would be cool hanging out there, playing AHL hockey? These guys had issues because they wanted to be in the NHL and thought they deserved to be in the NHL. We could have our affiliate in Charlotte, Henderson, San Diego, whatever, it wouldn't make a difference for these guys. Maybe they didn't enjoy Hartford itself, but the real issue for them was the fact that they were in the AHL at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad