Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I've said a few times here, how hard is it for Maurice to say to him and his linemates " Now, when Nik gets the puck and is rushing up the ice, catch up and get open for a pass when he gets behind the net. Nik, when you get around the net, someone will be open, pass it to them."

He is elite at rushing the puck and gaining the zone and going behind the net, why isn't someone open for him to throw it out front to?
Did you suggest Maurice do something that takes proactive thought, action, and foresight? Something obvious to the average spectator watching the games?

Aint gonna happen.

How many games should Chevy give Maurice to demonstrate success? 30? I say give him the first 20.

Reactions: hn777 and Ippenator

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Did you suggest Maurice do something that takes proactive thought, action, and foresight? Something obvious to the average spectator watching the games?

Aint gonna happen.

How many games should Chevy give Maurice to demonstrate success? 30? I say give him the first 20.
What is your evaluation of Maurice's coaching performance during the 2017/18?

Here are some key metrics to assist in your evaluation.

Playoffs (2017/18):

CF% 53.3 (#2 among playoff teams)
xGF% 55.1 (#1 among playoff teams)
PDO 0.999 (#7)

Regular Season (2017/18):

CF% 51.5 (#8)
xGF% 52.1 (#8)
PDO 1.01 (#7)

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015

Aint gonna happen.

It’s obvious that Maurice will be the coach for the start of the season. I honestly don’t see why but nothing I can do I guess. I honesty think that as long as he remains above the playoff line they will give him the entire season without question.

Reactions: GNP

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
What is your evaluation of Maurice's coaching performance during the 2017/18?

Here are some key metrics to assist in your evaluation.

Playoffs (2017/18):

CF% 53.3 (#2 among playoff teams)
xGF% 55.1 (#1 among playoff teams)
PDO 0.999 (#7)

Regular Season (2017/18):

CF% 51.5 (#8)
xGF% 52.1 (#8)
PDO 1.01 (#7)

17/18 was an outlier

Reactions: KB1971

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Why people suggest trading a player to 2 of the worst teams this past season(Detroit & Kings)?...What kind of scrubs are they expecting the Jets going to get in return?

I think it’s the high draft pick(s) that those teams have, with the hope of drafting a centre in the top 10 of the first round. That would be the piece you’d want back in a big trade with one of those teams... that being said, every NHL team (even those who finished bottom 5 in the league) have a few great prospects in their system and some very good NHL starters (just not enough of them on their roster to be a playoff team). Think Ottawa last year as an example - they finished last in the league, but no one would argue that Duchene, Stone, and Dzingle are great players (with Duchene & Stone being top 6 forwards on virtually almost any team in the league). And those 3 players got traded.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Sure, but irrelevant really. He has a history of winning. I made no comment on his actual ability. Your comment seems to show you missed my point?
Didn't care about your "point". I'm just say Babcock's career is overrated. Mostly because he got the Toronto media bump and coached a fantastic roster in Detroit for 10 years that outside of the regular season really came up short of their potential and most of that was getting out coached in the playoffs due to his arrogance. Other coaches adjust, Bacock thinks he's already great so he doesn't have to.

A history of winnig what? One Cup that's it.

Reactions: Ippenator

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Didn't care about your "point". I'm just say Babcock's career is overrated. Mostly because he got the Toronto media bump and coached a fantastic roster in Detroit for 10 years that outside of the regular season really came up short of their potential and most of that was getting out coached in the playoffs due to his arrogance. Other coaches adjust, Bacock thinks he's already great so he doesn't have to.

A history of winnig what? One Cup that's it.

Don't respond to my posts if you don't care about my point. wtf?

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I know there's some rumours that the Jets are open to trading Ehlers.

To me I just can't believe it, the way this team is running now it's like they're trying to shoot themselves in the foot.

Who's the best skater on the team, hands down?

Take the old plug (who does nothing 5v5) off the half wall, put Ehlers there let him dish off passes after he opens seams to Scheifele and Laine... Nobody will be talking about his lack of production in the playoffs.

This kid is first line material, and should be leading in ice time with Scheifele game in game out.

The lack of opportunity for our skilled guys is getting pretty pathetic. Tying our championship hopes to Blake Wheeler is a joke.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Whileee

May 29, 2010

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
A guy that seemingly has a fake name and who has been blogging since March 2019 isn't really a credible source, nor a positional authority on any topic. Nothing to see here.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Habs fan here. If Ehlers was coming to the Habs in a trade, the trade would not be centered around Juulsen. It would probably be Juulsen, the Habs' 2019 first and something else. Ehlers is worth much more than Juulsen. You guys would not be taking back Weise either. That report is not credible and makes no sense. Ehlers won't be dealt for pennies on the dollar. You guys shouldn't worry about that. It's just noise.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I know there's some rumours that the Jets are open to trading Ehlers.

To me I just can't believe it, the way this team is running now it's like they're trying to shoot themselves in the foot.

Who's the best skater on the team, hands down?

Take the old plug (who does nothing 5v5) off the half wall, put Ehlers there let him dish off passes after he opens seams to Scheifele and Laine... Nobody will be talking about his lack of production in the playoffs.

This kid is first line material, and should be leading in ice time with Scheifele game in game out.

The lack of opportunity for our skilled guys is getting pretty pathetic. Tying our championship hopes to Blake Wheeler is a joke.

Agree. Time to let the youth run this upcoming season. Some combination of ESL should be our first line next season. I said in another thread, I think it's time to build around our youth and use the vets as complimentary players and mentors.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Trading Ehlers or Connor is downright stupid, and I would be ashamed of Chevy if he did that. These young guys are big talents, and are the future of the Jets.

Yeah I realize that every player is tradeable-- but if Ehlers is traded, we better get something BIG in return--like a Mathew Barzal, or Point from Tampa.

Let's also not forget, Ehlers likes playing here, and many players don't want to play in Winnipeg --so this shouldn't even be contemplated IMO.

Note - Chevy has it in his philosophy to have the best hockey minds around him, with his scouting staff. Picking guys like Ehlers, Connor, Trouba -- in around 8-th-10 place in the draft- takes skill. If the Jet's traded Ehlers for some "no-name" from Montreal--I'd literally puke. It infuriates me to even think of doing such a stupid thing.

You just don't trade away one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, can skate circles around most NHL players, and who has a great shot, and is still 3 years away from his prime. I hope your reading this Chevy.:cool:

Last edited:

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
I do not see Ehlers getting moved.

He is one of the only Jets that can gain clean zone entry into the other teams's end with his speed alone.
But that second round pick and 3rd pairing D is so tempting... can't believe some of the rumors you here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad