Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
You could be right -
I know in the past he's moved players down (Ehlers and Laine as examples) usually as a reminder to pay a little more attention to other aspects of the game.
His motive could be different this time - who knows. But we all know Maurice preaches a complete game and this smells a bit like a situation where he might be working on Ehlers a bit.
I doubt the plan is to move him there as a line driver at less than 10 minutes a game (at his salary).
Look forward to see if this lasts and if the minutes increase
I agree his minutes need to increase, definitely needs to change.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I wouldn't be opposed to it with the lack of faith I have in our left side (JoMo excluded) :sarcasm:. He has the speed and clapper to do it but if you think people are complaining about his defensive abilities now could you imagine the fan reaction if he was a defender :laugh:

I was thinking he can be our Phil Housley type. But Housley is very good in stretch passes. Nik might not be up to it.

So , maybe Bobby Orr light ;)
He can fly end to end..... with great rushes.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

The Dashing Dane needs to step in here, and sort this whole mess out. Nice to see he rides shotgun for his fellow countryman, and will defend his reputation and legacy.:nod:

In my opinion Ehlers is one of the most talented Jets, that is up and coming, along with Laine and Connor. Ehlers should be getting the kind of usage, and time on ice as the other young Jet's stars. I'm sure his TOI minutes will change, and soon he'll be getting back to his original usage. Jet's management holds Ehlers in a very high regards, or they wouldn't have signed him for $ 6 mil per year.

To me -- Ehlers is the most exciting Jet to watch from an entertainment standpoint, and also one of the Jets with the most talent based upside. Play him Maurice.

Last edited:

FinnJet

Just one Lainer
Jan 20, 2017
4th line. I don't get it.
Yes it brings some balance to the lines, but still.
He is way too good and expensive to play 10 minutes/ game.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
4th line. I don't get it.
Yes it brings some balance to the lines, but still.
He is way too good and expensive to play 10 minutes/ game.

That line has played one game together - it has promise. If they can get going, that creates an incredibly difficult line-up to defend against.

I have a enough patience to allow it some time to gel.

Reactions: Romang67

FinnJet

Just one Lainer
Jan 20, 2017
That line has played one game together - it has promise. If they can get going, that creates an incredibly difficult line-up to defend against.

I have a enough patience to allow it some time to gel.

I just think that E is underused atm. PoMo should give him some PP time at least.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I just think that E is underused atm. PoMo should give him some PP time at least.

He gets 2nd PP time. Who would come off of the 1st PP? Connor?

It's been one game. If Ehlers continues to see little TOI, then I'd agree. But it's been one game - I have patience enough to see what those three talented players can do together. If it's not working after 5-10 games - sure, mix it up again.

FinnJet

Just one Lainer
Jan 20, 2017
He gets 2nd PP time. Who would come off of the 1st PP? Connor?

It's been one game. If Ehlers continues to see little TOI, then I'd agree. But it's been one game - I have patience enough to see what those three talented players can do together. If it's not working after 5-10 games - sure, mix it up again.
Yes, it's been only one game and it's too early to draw solid conclusions. It was just surprising and even a bit disappointing to see Ehlers in 4th. But then again our 3th and 4th line are way above the average:cool:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yes, it's been only one game and it's too early to draw solid conclusions. It was just surprising and even a bit disappointing to see Ehlers in 4th. But then again our 3th and 4th line are way above the average:cool:

I think they believed they needed to split up Laine and Ehlers and I agree. Assuming PMo was thrilled with CSW Athens the options are pretty much 4th line or bust. Injuries and flat performances will sort this out. Nylander amd Marner both spent time on the leafs 4th line last season.

Reactions: GNP

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Ehlers destroyed Sissons last night! What a guy :laugh:

Hockeyfights has Sissons winning that one, and by some margin. Poor old Nik can't even win the fight he obviously won. At least he'll always have Tyson Barrie.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hockeyfights has Sissons winning that one, and by some margin. Poor old Nik can't even win the fight he obviously won. At least he'll always have Tyson Barrie.

Hockey fights may be right that standing up, Sissons got the better of the fight -- buy in a real fight, the fight just begins when you hit the ground, and the guy on top usually wins quite easily, and that was Ehlers. I'll give this one to Nikky -- his fight card is 2-0. :)

Reactions: robertocarlos

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I really hope that Ehlers gets going soon, last game was the first one in a long time I saw him actually playing.

Does anyone remember when the last time was when he had a goal, or even a point? I honesty can’t.

Something may be troubling him, and him starting the season on the fourth line makes me wonder if he really has fallen out with the organization as someone suggested. What’s the current rumor status on this? I think the same poster also told about a rumor in Denmark about him not getting along with Scheif, if true I hope they work things out.

Reactions: Jack722

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Last goal : April 3 / 2018

Including playoffs... 22 games without a goal. The guy can't even get one to bounce in off his ass.

Pacing for three goals for a full season then. Guy is ice cold, geez. He really needs to pot that one goal to get over the hump and out of his own head.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Compared to Ehlers... games without a goal forwards only...including playoffs

Ehlers - 22
Copp - 16
Roslovic - 16
Perreault - 12

Fun note: Gretzky once went 21 games without a goal. But he was with the Rangers and just about retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad