Nikolaj Ehlers - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
Hey Jets fans! Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I took a quick peak and didn't see a designated fantasy thread for outsiders. What are your expectations for Ehlers this year? Where do you think he'll typically slot into the lineup and how much PP time will he be seeing? I'm eyeing him as a mid-late round pick in my league and was hoping for a few more opinions on him. Thanks in advance and good luck this year!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey Jets fans! Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I took a quick peak and didn't see a designated fantasy thread for outsiders. What are your expectations for Ehlers this year? Where do you think he'll typically slot into the lineup and how much PP time will he be seeing? I'm eyeing him as a mid-late round pick in my league and was hoping for a few more opinions on him. Thanks in advance and good luck this year!

Top line to start with Scheifele wheeler but top six for sure. He could play with little as his other centre and Laine or Connor as other potential wingers. Should see pp time. I'm personally hoping for at least 20 goals and 35-40 assists.

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
Top line to start with Scheifele wheeler but top six for sure. He could play with little as his other centre and Laine or Connor as other potential wingers. Should see pp time. I'm personally hoping for at least 20 goals and 35-40 assists.

Thanks, I appreciate the help!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

If I had to put a number on it. I'd say 20 goals and 50 points. He will get PP time but maybe not on the # 1 PP. If it is a keeper league the kid is just scratching the surface IMO and will build on his totals for a few years yet.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Mine is just one opinion, we got some very knowledgable posters here, wait for a few more to chime in and it may help you decide a bit better.

I am not a knowledgable poster but I think 20 goals 30 assists is attainable.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If he spends a good chunk of the year on the top line and number 1 pp unit. Both of which I think he will I would peg him for 55 to 60 points if he stays healthy.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
He had 15 goals last year and started year on third line.

I think at least 20 goals and 30-35 assists.

To clarify--if he's healthy--I think you can put him down for 15g/50p right now, which would allow for a bit of a slump akin to his goal-scoring streak early last season, or his assist streak late.

I also think he has a really good shot at 20+g/60p, but just because a player's good enough to put up a certain number of points doesn't mean they will.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Proper Positions

I think your best players need to be positioned where they feel most comfortable. Nic tore up th Q on RW. Same goes for Laine at LW and Trouba at RD. The best guys on your team should not be restrained just so other players can be fit in.
Petan-Little-Ehlers
57 pts for Nic

Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks Hammer..... Nik is so much fun to watch.

For our Finnish friends imagine this kid playing with Laine! :amazed:

I know PoMo will probably start with the Wheeler-Scheifele-Ehlers line, but if he decides to mix them up I would really like to see Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers. My goodness.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I know PoMo will probably start with the Wheeler-Scheifele-Ehlers line, but if he decides to mix them up I would really like to see Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers. My goodness.

There are so many combinations of Wheeler, Scheifele, Ehlers, Little, Laine and eventually Connor that I want to see. But I also want them to have time to develop chemistry. So much potential

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island

It's just everyone always wants to put Laine and Pulijarvi together because their chemistry and different styles. Pulijarvi was likened to 1 player in the NHL. And he's our captain now. Makes too much sense. But ya I'm sure we'll see tons of variation

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thanks Hammer..... Nik is so much fun to watch.

For our Finnish friends imagine this kid playing with Laine! :amazed:

Great highlight clip. Ehlers is an offensive genius. He'll make whoever plays with him more productive. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch the Jets with a top 6 of Scheifele, Wheeler, Little, Ehlers, Laine and Connor. That is some serious fire power.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
omg I'm in love. Forgot about a ton of those.

I like that you put in the fight in there. Great touch.

jetman

May 21, 2015
Watching the highlights just makes me want the season to start already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad