Nikolaj Ehlers - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Love the two highlights starting at 6:10... shows the back of his Jets to McDavid and makes a brilliant pass to Wheeler, and then bursts through the neutral zone and beats the D wide and drops a perfect pass on the short slide into the slot for Scheifele.

I think he could have a really big season.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Sigh, am I the only one worried about the dreaded sophomore jinx striking Ehlers? I really try to go into each season with the lowest of expectations for individuals and the team as a whole.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm having trouble finding that ridiculous chance/deke Ehlers made vs the Sharks (and I think Marleau). Does anyone have it or know where it is?

I think he hits it out of the air and then does this weird backwards dangle past Marleau.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Thanks Hammer..... Nik is so much fun to watch.

For our Finnish friends imagine this kid playing with Laine! :amazed:

The 1st play right away got me dreaming of what those 3 Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers could do.
Lot of the bits were from Ehlers doing damage from the right side.

Really, really, really want the season to start :laugh: The Jets home games will be amazing to watch.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I'm having trouble finding that ridiculous chance/deke Ehlers made vs the Sharks (and I think Marleau). Does anyone have it or know where it is?

I think he hits it out of the air and then does this weird backwards dangle past Marleau.

where he does a 1 handed toe drag? think thats the same one

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The 1st play right away got me dreaming of what those 3 Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers could do.
Lot of the bits were from Ehlers doing damage from the right side.

Really, really, really want the season to start :laugh: The Jets home games will be amazing to watch.

I don't know if Laine-Scheif-Ehlers start together but at some point IMO they will play together. Again IMO it makes sense to go with MP-Little-Wheeler as a veteran line to take tough matchups and Laine-Scheif-Ehlers to be put in offensive situations and watch them fill the net. We should have enough forward depth to put together solid 3rd and 4th lines.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
never saw this, wowza..

The video does not exist anymore but does anyone have another video or a gif of the deke ? I remember seeing it a couple months ago and now I wanted to post it somewhere else but sadly it does not exist anymore :( Post is on page 32 if that can help.

Thanks !!
pretty sure this was it. was on youtube for a while but its gone now. feels bad man

yeah that sounds right

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I don't know if Laine-Scheif-Ehlers start together but at some point IMO they will play together. Again IMO it makes sense to go with MP-Little-Wheeler as a veteran line to take tough matchups and Laine-Scheif-Ehlers to be put in offensive situations and watch them fill the net. We should have enough forward depth to put together solid 3rd and 4th lines.
that leaves burmi playing with connor which could be very bad for his development and bad in general for the team. with perreault playing on the 3rd line we have 3 scoring lines. if burmi ****'s the bed again we have only 2 scoring lines and another offensively challenged bottom 6.

i mean, i would love to see MP in the top 6 until laine,connor,ehlers,dano are all scoring at a 1st line pace. for now though, i think having perreault anchor that 3rd line would be best since we dont have a good option at 3C. big season for burmi coming up. could decide whether we can use our lines to their full potential or whether we will need players to pick up the slack and play where they probably shouldn't be.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
that leaves burmi playing with connor which could be very bad for his development and bad in general for the team. with perreault playing on the 3rd line we have 3 scoring lines. if burmi ****'s the bed again we have only 2 scoring lines and another offensively challenged bottom 6.

i mean, i would love to see MP in the top 6 until laine,connor,ehlers,dano are all scoring at a 1st line pace. for now though, i think having perreault anchor that 3rd line would be best since we dont have a good option at 3C. big season for burmi coming up. could decide whether we can use our lines to their full potential or whether we will need players to pick up the slack and play where they probably shouldn't be.

I think they will have to go that way for awhile as IMO it will likely take Connor time to be ready for the top 6 especially defensive assignments. IMO Armia hasn't shown nearly enough for top 6 work and Stafford is only a stop gap in the top 6. I think the 3rd will be fine with Matthais as center and some combination of Dano, Armia and Stafford. Burmi can center the 4th with Lowry on wing and one of Dano/Armia.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I think they will have to go that way for awhile as IMO it will likely take Connor time to be ready for the top 6 especially defensive assignments. IMO Armia hasn't shown nearly enough for top 6 work and Stafford is only a stop gap in the top 6. I think the 3rd will be fine with Matthais as center and some combination of Dano, Armia and Stafford. Burmi can center the 4th with Lowry on wing and one of Dano/Armia.
i agree. though from what i've seen dano may be just as good in staffords role on the 2nd line. but then that leaves a hole in the bottom 6 RW's. i wouldn't want to see stafford away from guys that can carry him.

but i think the question is would the team be more effective following the pens model with a deadly 3rd line or just by stacking the top 6? i honestly dont know, we need to be looking more at deployment and match ups IMO like you said instead of just making up the best lineup on paper.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
i agree. though from what i've seen dano may be just as good in staffords role on the 2nd line. but then that leaves a hole in the bottom 6 RW's. i wouldn't want to see stafford away from guys that can carry him.

but i think the question is would the team be more effective following the pens model with a deadly 3rd line or just by stacking the top 6? i honestly dont know, we need to be looking more at deployment and match ups IMO like you said instead of just making up the best lineup on paper.

In a perfect world Connor develops like Ehlers. Learns his lessons and becomes a driving offensive force and moves into the top 6 at some point during the season. MP than moves to 3rd line center with which ever cream rises to the top on the wings. Burmi takes a purely defensive role as 4th line center with Lowry and player X. We then hit the playoffs running.

I tend to the optimistic side ;)

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
In a perfect world Connor develops like Ehlers. Learns his lessons and becomes a driving offensive force and moves into the top 6 at some point during the season. MP than moves to 3rd line center with which ever cream rises to the top on the wings. Burmi takes a purely defensive role as 4th line center with Lowry and player X. We then hit the playoffs running.

I tend to the optimistic side ;)

sounds good 2 me mang :popcorn:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Yeah I'm not expecting Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers to start the season, but that to be the longterm top line, I like the potential they have and the style they could play.
That line could pretty much have everything.

So close to the season, can't wait for it to start. So many great story lines to follow.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Sigh, am I the only one worried about the dreaded sophomore jinx striking Ehlers? I really try to go into each season with the lowest of expectations for individuals and the team as a whole.

I vaguely remember someone showing that the sophomore slump isn't an actual thing. It's just regular season to season variance creating the perception that players usually take a step back in the second season.

IE, just as many players take huge steps forward in their sophomore year as those who take huge steps back.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Ehlers looked great tonight. Seems somewhat forgotten when he may be top 3 scorer for us this year.

Laine is a shiny new thing, who have huge hype wave build behind him.

Ehlers btw have better tools to make better career than Laine. Laine isn't slow, but he have bad first step.

I just hope that Ehlers is selfish and cocky enough to put Laine in his place, which is 2nd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->