Speculation: Nikolai Kulemin to Test Free Agency?

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Love Kulemin, and wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. Shame we're going to lose him, but he'll want top 6 role/money, and he won't get that from here. He's capable of playing in the top 6, but with Clarkson, that spot seemed to be lost for the most part.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Look at all the playoff teams right now. You need a ton of grit and hate on for the opposition. Kulemin always looked like he wouldn't hit a fly, except for the coaches constantly on him to finish the check hard.

It's strange. When he was in the RSL weighing all of 180 pounds he was a wrecking ball. I mean he was absolutely laying guys out in open ice, he was a terror. Add 40 pounds, come to the NHL and suddenly he only hits on the forecheck.

ForSpareParts*

This is so funny. Why are so many people turning this into a Carlyle issue?

20-22 goals? You have to go to the dirty areas to gain that kind of point total Nicolai!

He's the same player that played terrible hockey for Wilson before he got fired.

Also why are people spinning Kuli like he's a offensive force now. I thought most fans were happy with his defensive forward role. Now a player agent says he's capable of ____, and now people clammed for the KGM good old days. Hilarious!

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
This is so funny. Why are so many people turning this into a Carlyle issue?

20-22 goals? You have to go to the dirty areas to gain that kind of point total Nicolai!

He's the same player that played terrible hockey for Wilson before he got fired.

Also why are people spinning Kuli like he's a offensive force now. I thought most fans were happy with his defensive forward role. Now a player agent says he's capable of ____, and now people clammed for the KGM good old days. Hilarious!

He could easily hit 20g/50pts on an offensive line with the right line mates . If he wasn't forever pressuring the puck because he line mates refuse to he could go to the scoring areas and produce at a decent level .

He'll never be a player who can drive his line offensively but he's more than skilled enough too to be an effective player on an offensive line once he adjusts .

ForSpareParts*

He could easily hit 20g/50pts on an offensive line with the right line mates . If he wasn't forever pressuring the puck because he line mates refuse to he could go to the scoring areas and produce at a decent level .

He'll never be a player who can drive his line offensively but he's more than skilled enough too to be an effective player on an offensive line once he adjusts .

Based on what? One spike moment in his career when he had 30 goals? No way. 50 points? Couldn't the leafs have used him on the 2nd line last season?

I'm sorry. I don't agree. I won't buy a player agents' lies/propaganda. FYI spreading the word that a player "wasn't happy" is a ploy to boost his clients' opportunties/contract. The better the contract the better the commission.

"Wasn't happy" = excuse for uninspired play between contracts.

Why do young fools buy into what an agent has to say?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Based on what? One spike moment in his career when he had 30 goals? No way. 50 points? Couldn't the leafs have used him on the 2nd line last season?

I'm sorry. I don't agree. I won't buy a player agents' lies/propaganda. FYI spreading the word that a player "wasn't happy" is a ploy to boost his clients' opportunties/contract. The better the contract the better the commission.

"Wasn't happy" = excuse for uninspired play between contracts.

Why do young fools buy into what an agent has to say?

If he went to the Pens and played with Malkin why would 20/50 be so unreasonable ? You act like some how 20/50 is some huge unreachable target without considering the situation a player is put in .

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Absolute garbage job by Nonis. Why was he not traded at deadline?

Fail by Nonis

Why would Nonis sell when the team was in a playoff spot ?

If i'm going to knock Nonis it's for signing a 3rd/4th liner to a ridiculous contract or for not moving DP last summer and instead inking him to a gross over payment (imo) .

Selling at this t/d wasn't a mistake , what was a mistake was not selling Grabo and Mac when we had the chance .

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'll never forget that massive shot block he made in Game 6 with seconds left to help us get to Game 7.

Good luck to him though wherever he goes and get a new god damn agent, this guy has been the worst since he started here.

ForSpareParts*

If he went to the Pens and played with Malkin why would 20/50 be so unreasonable ? You act like some how 20/50 is some huge unreachable target without considering the situation a player is put in .

How is it that Kuli ends up getting an opportunity on the Pens' second line?

I suppose it's possible, but so many things have to fall into place:

-the pens wanting him
-the pens being in a situation where Kuli has to play the second line.
-the pens offer enough money for Kuli to want to play there
-Kuli playing well
-Malkin playing well
-the pens 3rd line being in place

You could make the same arguement for Clarkson being a 20/50 guy playing with Malkin too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad