Speculation: Nikolai Kulemin to Test Free Agency?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/04/24/toronto-maple-leafs-nikolai-kulemin-and-washington-capitals-mikhail-grabovski-could-be-a-package-deal-in-free-agency/

Kulemin's agent said this:

“I believe he can get 20 to 22 goals, but he needs to have different role,†said Greenstin, who has only briefly spoken to Toronto about a new deal. “You just put him on penalty killing. Not even a chance to play power play. Of course he’s not happy with his role. I’m not happy.â€

Apparently Grabo and Kulemin want to play together again as well.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
Let's see how much weight there is to the Malkin-Kulemin relationship. It could be plausible that Kulemin signs with Pittsburgh.

Although it would suck to lose Kulemin it would be in the best interest of the Maple Leafs not to sign him if he feels unappreciated by the team. The Maple Leafs should have players that want to be on their team.

Paramount

Aug 30, 2011
Bring Malkin to Toronto, if Pittsburgh collapses vs Columbus don't you guys think there's at least a chance they'd entertain offers?

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
Just another guy ran down the depth chart and out the door by Carlyle...

I'd trade 20 games of Bolland, Bozak, and Clarkson for the KGM line back any day.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ kuli pss off and get lost.bye bye

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
Bring Malkin to Toronto, if Pittsburgh collapses vs Columbus don't you guys think there's at least a chance they'd entertain offers?

lol? Seriously? Lets say Malkin was on the table, what would you even offer that Pittsburgh would accept and wouldn't completely gut this team?

Shame about Kulemin. He's the only winger who can play defense, and the only one who is strong defensively.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
the blue and white disease is strong in this one.

hey dave no no ,,,,,ummmm, why did you hold onto him at the TD????

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
While I like Kulimen, he is not worth near what his contract demands will be in free agency. Sorry to see him go but I can live with it.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I hope Kulemin stays, it will be a big loss. He should have been a fixture on the second line all season. Also pretty pissed that the KGM line is gone, would have been a beauty line for us this season based on how things played out. The grass isn't always greener, we did a terrible job upgrading this team last off season aside from Bernier.

That being said, if they don't resign I hope to god they bring back Komorav. Not that Komorav is in the same league, but we need someone who plays with effort and heart. This team gives up on themselves too easily. Grabo, Kulemin, Mac and Komorav were players that showed up even if things weren't trending well.

Ace88*

Thanks uncle randy. Losing yet another quality player thanks to crap personnel decisions.

While I like Kulimen, he is not worth near what his contract demands will be in free agency. Sorry to see him go but I can live with it.

And what are those demands? You dont know.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Thanks a lot Carlyle. People giving him crap about his offense need to look at how he is being used: http://www.extraskater.com/players/deployment?season=2013&team=tor

Started in the offensive zone just 22% of the time. And what good did it do (referring to shutdown line)? Gave up more goals than 25 other teams.

Basically, every skilled player Leafs have or had, Carlyle managed to ruin them (except JVR and Kessel).

Last edited:

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Thanks a lot Carlyle. People giving him crap about his offense need to look at how he is being used: http://www.extraskater.com/players/deployment?season=2013&team=tor

Started in the offensive zone just 22% of the time. And what good did it do (referring to shutdown line)? Gave up more goals than 25 other teams.

Basically, every skilled player Leafs have or had, Carlyle managed to ruin them (except JVR and Kessel).

Pretty much. In return we got Clarkson, Raymond and Holland (with Raymond and Bolland playing mediocre yet probably wanting big contracts or they'll test UFA)...

This management team sucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad