Recalled/Assigned: Niklas Svedberg

Alaska

40 Below
Jul 25, 2012
Fairbanks, AK
Just watched the condensed game on gamecenter. Those rebounds were huge. I think it's amusing that you are giving sveddy a pass on that one but at the beginning of the season johnson didn't get the same consideration. Is Sved giving those up in the AHL too?

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Just watched the condensed game on gamecenter. Those rebounds were huge. I think it's amusing that you are giving sveddy a pass on that one but at the beginning of the season johnson didn't get the same consideration. Is Sved giving those up in the AHL too?

I don't think anyone is giving him a pass on it. Seems like everyone who had something to say mentioned the questionable rebound control..

but it was also his first NHL game... He did pretty damn good. Made some big saves against a pretty good team

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
I think Svedberg can be a quality tender in this league but in Boston he is destined to be a backup with Rask obviously signed long term.
I like what Johnson has been doing and I think he is an ideal backup.
I would like to see Boston lock up Johnson for 2years at about 800K per season, similar to Khudobin $$, gives him some stability and gives the B's a quality backup at a fairly low cap hit, who can handle 20-25 starts.
Not sure what the market would be for Svedberg but with the development of Subban I would be willing to put him as part of a package to acquire other assets.
You can always sign a veteran goalie to help fill the void in Providence.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
They said they wanted to get Svedberg into some games, wouldn't the second half of a back-to-back against a basement team be the optimal time to do that?

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I think Svedberg can be a quality tender in this league but in Boston he is destined to be a backup with Rask obviously signed long term.
I like what Johnson has been doing and I think he is an ideal backup.
I would like to see Boston lock up Johnson for 2years at about 800K per season, similar to Khudobin $$, gives him some stability and gives the B's a quality backup at a fairly low cap hit, who can handle 20-25 starts.
Not sure what the market would be for Svedberg but with the development of Subban I would be willing to put him as part of a package to acquire other assets.
You can always sign a veteran goalie to help fill the void in Providence.

I'd rather let Johnson walk at the end of the season and move Svedberg up next season. Really like his potential and he can definitely give us 25+ quality starts.

I still have a couple issues with Johnson, his lateral movement can be glacial at times and his rebounds, last night several times it looked like a fire drill infront of the Bruins net because Johnson couldn't handle a puck.

He's been solid for us but there is better in the pipeline and I'd love to see a Rask-Svedberg tandem next season.

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
I'd rather let Johnson walk at the end of the season and move Svedberg up next season. Really like his potential and he can definitely give us 25+ quality starts.

I still have a couple issues with Johnson, his lateral movement can be glacial at times and his rebounds, last night several times it looked like a fire drill infront of the Bruins net because Johnson couldn't handle a puck.

He's been solid for us but there is better in the pipeline and I'd love to see a Rask-Svedberg tandem next season.

I like his potential as well and he did play fairly well in his only start so far. I am slightly concerned about seeing his numbers get worse this year by over a 1/2 goal a game, his save % down as well, as well as his numbers in the playoffs last year.

Either way I would be fine with it, if he sticks around and is #2 or is part of a package that can help them this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad