Recalled/Assigned: Niklas Svedberg

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He was slated to start tonight until the Seidenberg injury, right? Which is interesting, to me, that Johnson didn't get the start after the move to get Trotman up. Very strange situation.

And that said, with the Seidenberg injury you wonder if any trade ideas may have changed a bit, if they were looking to move a D-man (along with a goalie) are those plans out the window losing their #2 guy?

Team depth is insane, seeing a guy like Trotman step up, along with Miller and Bart and Warsofsky, and look competent right off the bat, they really have something good going here even without some top players like Loui and Seidenberg.

That was my first thought when it first came out. Chiarelli had something in mind that went out the window as soon as Seidenberg was out for the season. But it makes sense if they needed the roster space for another D, especially if knew Chara wasn't going to play either.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 5m
Niklas Svedberg with a sensational performance vs. Providence nemesis Manchester. Trotman, Griffith, Cunningham with goals in 3-1 win

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 4m
As others have said, I suspect we'll see Niklas Svedberg in Boston this week or sometime soon. Team's going to give him a shot.

I'd let Johnson and/or Svedberg take the next two games. Nashville and Winnipeg. Rask needs a break.

Poor Providence, lost their 3 leading PPG players, their best defenseman, and about to lose their starting goalie. :laugh:

Marc978

Dec 29, 2013
Bruins recall goaltender Niklas Svedberg from Providence

This just coming in this morning form the Bruins Twitter account. Here's the Tweet.

"B's recall goaltender Niklas Svedberg from Providence. Svedberg will be eligible for tonight's game vs Nashville"

With the Bruins recalling him just now I think It is a strong possibility he starts at net tonight for the Bruins. What do you guys think? If so hopefully he plays good. He was good in the preseason

MAJOR UPDATE FROM BRUINS TWITTER: "Svedberg the first goalie off. Looks like he'll get his #NHL debut tonight ^CS"

Last edited:

Marc978

Dec 29, 2013
Let Sveddy play tonight, give Rask a break. Guy needs to clear his head and refocus himself.

Yeah If Svedberg does play hopefully he plays good. Things could go good (Hopefully) or bad. Rask should be ready to come in if things go bad. But Svedberg did play well in the preseason so I hope he successes in the NHL.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I didn't even realize at the time that Svedberg backed up Tuukka in Friday's Ottawa game.

Anyone know why?

Was Johnson sick, or hurt?

During the broadcast, Jack or Brick, mentioned that Peter Chiarelli had promised to get Svedberg some time up in Boston after his great training camp - I think he was supposed to start the second game of the back to back but because of injuries he had to be sent down so others could be called back up.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
During the broadcast, Jack or Brick, mentioned that Peter Chiarelli had promised to get Svedberg some time up in Boston after his great training camp - I think he was supposed to start the second game of the back to back but because of injuries he had to be sent down so others could be called back up.

Thank you!

Guess they shoulda given Johnson the next start, eh? LOL

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He deserves the back-up job but needs more games than we can give him, so throwing him some games is a good idea.

The Islanders game wasn't on Rask, it is on a Bruins team that went to sleep after building up a lead.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I wonder what will happen if Svedberg does good on his brief stint up here, I mean like REALLY good. Is there enough room cap-wise to keep him up? Is it worth waving Johnson? I find Johnson to be well enough in his regular season duties, but it worries me if anything were to happen to Rask during a playoff run. I don't think Johnson could pull it off.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I wonder what will happen if Svedberg does good on his brief stint up here, I mean like REALLY good. Is there enough room cap-wise to keep him up? Is it worth waving Johnson? I find Johnson to be well enough in his regular season duties, but it worries me if anything were to happen to Rask during a playoff run. I don't think Johnson could pull it off.

If anything were to happen to Rask during a playoff run, God forbid, we're ****ed anyway. He's the best goalie in the league. You'd have to make a trade for someone like Pavelec or Dubnyk, I'd have major concerns about one of them being able to pull it off, let alone Johnson or Svedberg.

Svedberg's salary is only 250k more than Johnson's, we'll keep the best goalie. Svedberg impressed me a lot during the preseason, his glove hand in particular was just phenomenal. But he's had trouble in the AHL holding leads. I think the healthy competition will help both of them. Interested to see what happens.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Glad to see him get a game, even if he dosen't perform well we have to give Rask some more rest. This season will be judged by our playoffs, not regular season and we will need a healthy and rested Rask even if it costs us regular season success.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He played excellent.

He looked a little anxious, his rebound control was brutal at times, but that's to be expected in your first NHL game for sure. Made the big saves when we needed him to. Defensive collapse on the first goal (albeit a bad rebound) and really just no chance on the second. Very promising start, I'd keep him up for a while. The first game is over, now he just has to play his game.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thought he was pretty damn good. Seemed like he was trying to do a bit too much with the puck, especially in the first, but overall a very very good debut. Encouraging signs there.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He stopped 33 of 35 shots and made some big saves.

Some of his rebounds and puck handling made me nervous but overall he had a solid game.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

What I liked most about his game tonight, was the fact that he didn't lean on his net. He came out and challenged shooters. He got low to eye the puck. And his stick was very active both in coming out to make plays and in checking it off of the Preds' blades.

Wasn't awkward. Wasn't clumsy.

Rebound control maybe. Also goes down fast. But overall very encouraging.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
If anything were to happen to Rask during a playoff run, God forbid, we're ****ed anyway. He's the best goalie in the league. You'd have to make a trade for someone like Pavelec or Dubnyk, I'd have major concerns about one of them being able to pull it off, let alone Johnson or Svedberg.

Dubnyk? That's a complete waste of time. You'd be better off testing out Johnson or Svedberg.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
A brief audition, but all indications he'll be back.

DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean 2m
Bruins will send Svedberg back to Providence. Julien says Svedberg likely will be back "very soon" though. #Bruins

Solid effort, some questionable rebound control, but was probably the best player in the second period.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
A brief audition, but all indications he'll be back.

DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean 2m
> Bruins will send Svedberg back to Providence. Julien says Svedberg likely will be back "very soon" though. #Bruin

Solid effort, some questionable rebound control, but was probably the best player in the second period.

Yeah, they aren't gonna bring a rookie goaltender on the road to face Ducks/Kings/Sharks. We'll probably see him again when we face some bottom half teams.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
BdBlTT8CAAAu9k9.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad