Rumor: Nikitin to Avangard Omsk?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm not familiar with all the immigration laws, but wouldn't he have had to have this in order already had he been playing with the Oilers? Or is it more of a case that he has to re apply for work Visa's and everything simply because his place of residence in in the US rather than Canada now?

Good question.
Fleming didnt get into the specifics. Maybe he was just deflecting Gregors question (on if Nikitin is in the lineup for the next game) and didnt want to disclose the real reasons why Nikitin hasn't reported. :dunno:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Good question.
Fleming didnt get into the specifics. Maybe he was just deflecting Gregors question (on if Nikitin is in the lineup for the next game) and didnt want to disclose the real reasons why Nikitin hasn't reported. :dunno:

Also why would Nikitin have problems but Drai didn't?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Also why would Nikitin have problems
but Drai didn't?

Nikitin hasnt had to go to the US at all since last April so its possible there are issues that are specific to his situation.

Being Russian probably doesnt help especially with the US.
Maybe they have clamped down on entry for Russian citizens into the US?

Not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Nikitin hasnt had to go to the US at all since last April so its possible there are issues that are specific to his situation.

Not sure.
This makes the most sense. It's likely a political issue. Draisattl being from Germany wouldn't have the same issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

Not sure.

This happens from time to time för Swedish players. As I understand it this is often a problem related to applying in time for a visa to the US. Players have recieved penalties from their team in situations like this if it is their fault (normally submitting the visa request too late).

I am guessing that neither Nikitin nor the team really expected him to be sent down, which cannot be said for Drai. If he doesn't get a penalty this is probably not his fault.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
How much mental difficulty would it take for you to give you 1-2 million US dollars, especially when you don't know what's going to happen with the Russian rubel? Hell I'd happily live in Omsk for a year without a clue how to speak Russian for that money haha

I could actually that being a bit of a sticking point, I can't see Omsk being willing to pay in increments for Nikitin as the year goes on, risking the rubel falling further. Rather they'd pay a lump sum. If I remember correctly they're one of the richer clubs, but still coming up with say 2 million as a single payment could be a bit of a b****h for r them.

What is the exchange rate for the ruble?

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Pretty sure it's just they didn't expect it. He had a work visa home-based in Canada with some trips to the USA, but being sent down he needs a different work visa since he'll be based in the states.

Essentially he had a Canadian work visa but now needs a USA work visa.

It's just paperwork but it takes a little time.

Not sure.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Pretty sure it's just they didn't expect it. He had a work visa home-based in Canada with some trips to the USA, but being sent down he needs a different work visa since he'll be based in the states.

Essentially he had a Canadian work visa but now needs a USA work visa.

It's just paperwork but it takes a little time.

The delay if precisely because the team applied for the work visa. Now they discovered that it should have been a tourist visa, based on Nikitin's intent. So they have to reapply.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad