Rumor: Nikitin to Avangard Omsk?

Jisatsu

May 17, 2013
Too bad we can't send him to ECHL that's what the guy deserves. The embarrassment, riding the bus and living in Norfolk would probably be enough to get him to not report and then we could get out from that cap hit.

Not really happy that he gets to go play in his hometown while we foot the bill and the cap hit but I'd rather that then have him taking minutes away from young defenseman in Bakersfield.

Hey! What's so bad about living in Norfolk??

Oh wait it's a **** hole, that's what.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
So...back door deal with KHL.....give the KHL team 4 mill to pay Nikitian .....he can then 'refuse to report' to the AHL......Oilers then can terminate his NHL contract to have the extra cap space???

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
So...back door deal with KHL.....give the KHL team 4 mill to pay Nikitian .....he can then 'refuse to report' to the AHL......Oilers then can terminate his NHL contract to have the extra cap space???

nice attempt in theory--in reality right now no KHL team will pay any 4mill in Canadian or US bucks to players--only Ruble

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010

Damn it that's brilliant!!!
I hope that's what's happening.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Damn it that's brilliant!!!
I hope that's what's happening.

Yeah if that turned out to be the case, and the NHL found out about it the penalty would be ridiculously severe. I can't even imagine how big the fine and how many forfeited drafted picks it would cost.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah if that turned out to be the case, and the NHL found out about it the penalty would be ridiculously severe. I can't even imagine how big the fine and how many forfeited drafted picks it would cost.

Agreed, it isn't even close to worth it. The NHL would bend us over a barrel.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
edit: I think OP deleted on me, so now

Here's Something Completely Different

hYwv1cG.jpg

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Don't really need the cap space this year

The cap space is always nice to have, you never know who might shake loose during the course of the season, who thought Hamilton would be moved from Boston? Even just being a short term dumping ground for an overpaid contract given that proper compensation is received doesn't sound too bad.

Nikitin not reporting to the AHL would be fantastic news and not only for the cap savings, but he also doesn't strike me as someone who will be a positive influence down there. He can't be a happy camper being waived to the AHL and he doesn't have the strong character of someone like Scrivens who I can't see being a toxic player just because he's in the AHL. Plus the number of young d-men we have I don't really want him taking ice-time away from them when we need them to develop.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
Heard today in an interview (with Fleming) that Nikitin is having immigration delays and that's why he isn't in Bakersfield yet.

I'm not familiar with all the immigration laws, but wouldn't he have had to have this in order already had he been playing with the Oilers? Or is it more of a case that he has to re apply for work Visa's and everything simply because his place of residence in in the US rather than Canada now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad