Recalled/Assigned: Nikitin recalled

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Is it even possible that we could be trying to showcase him?

how many contracts are we allowed to retain salary on? I thought it was three. I would think we would need to retain on all three of Nikitin, Schultz and Purcell. We are currently retaining on Scrivens though.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm ok with this. Keep guys like Musil, Oesterle and LaLeggia in the Bake. They've got a really good thing going down there.

This also helps the draft position.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
No way he actually plays, right? Just here in case someone gets hurt. I would think Clendening takes Gryba's spot.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm ok with this. Keep guys like Musil, Oesterle and LaLeggia in the Bake. They've got a really good thing going down there.

This also helps the draft position.

Musil is pretty well at the point where it's fish or cut bait with him as a NHLer IMO. Oesterle is still to weak physically. I would rather see LaLeggia up for a few games than enjoy the viewing experience that is Nikita Nikitin.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Who's bright idea was it to make this guy the 47th highest paid defenseman in the NHL? Was it the same people who made Justin Schultz the 77th highest paid? Good thing we brought in a real GM and fired the people who made these terrible decisions, right?

F my life. Being an Oilers fan sucks. We don't even deserve McDavid.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Is it even possible that we could be trying to showcase him?

how many contracts are we allowed to retain salary on? I thought it was three. I would think we would need to retain on all three of Nikitin, Schultz and Purcell. We are currently retaining on Scrivens though.

If they were trying to showcase him, they would leave Nikitin down in the minors against competition he can actually have a little bit of success against.

Unlikely the Oilers need to retain salary on either of Purcell or Nikitin in the event of a deadline deal either. Both their contracts are up at the end of the season.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
oZwtu5h.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad