Rumor: Nikita Zadorov Would Welcome Move To Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I think Brad has to make two moves, bring in Zadorov and then blast Klingberg to the moon and bring in Peeke at the deadline.

Timmins returns from injury and that’s 7-8 defenseman you can work with

I really like Timmins, I think he has "it", that intangible factor that just makes him a good player. The guy is made of fine delicate China but man he's going to be an important piece for us if he can stay healthy. There is nothing in his history that would support this statement but if he remains healthy, I think he is a 40 to 50 point defender. Right handed shot too.

SCOUTING REPORT
Has some offensive flair to go along with a solid defensive foundation. Skates well and has produced points at the junior and AHL levels. Injuries, including a severe concussion, have been a problem so he will have to get stronger to make the most of his tools at the NHL level. Still has room to expand his game.
Long Range Potential : Promising two-way defenseman (when healthy).

LOL... subtitle...

Reactions: francis246

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Could be a good fit... But who do we give up? Do we have enough cap to resign him.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
This would be an ideal D to get but we would still need a bottom pair RD and we need to find a taker for Klingberg.

Rielly---Brodie
Zadorov-Liljegren
McCabe--RD
Gio

They could play Gio on his offhand but he's already 38 years old and slowing down to begin with.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Could be a good fit... But who do we give up? Do we have enough cap to resign him.

We dont but it could work if Calgary retains money, for example we could send Kampft to Calgary if the Flames retain 40% of Z's contract. Not sure I'm keen on trading assets to sweeten the pot for a 5/6 defender who is a UFA. Calgary would have to retain money, which why would they do that if we dont give them a good reason to, and why would we give them a good reason, Z is a bottom of the line up defender. The cap and the value of the player dont make sense for Toronto.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This would be an ideal D to get but we would still need a bottom pair RD and we need to find a taker for Klingberg.

Rielly---Brodie
Zadorov-Liljegren
McCabe--RD
Gio

They could play Gio on his offhand but he's already 38 years old and slowing down to begin with.

Z is not a 2nd pairing d-man. He is a 5/6 guy, he would replace Benoit, Lagesson, Gio or Lily. While it would be fun to see Gallagher try to crash the net with big Z standing there, Z is a run of the mill bottom pairing dman, that has negative value to the Leafs due to his cap hit. There are cheaper equally effective d-man, Benoit, Lagesson, Lilly are equally effective d-men.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
We have 4 or 5 #5/6 guys and we want another...

Would at least be fun with McCabe and him hitting people... but how many guys that can fill our the third pairing do we need?

Reactions: arso40

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Unless it was for klingberg plus small. I don’t get it myself.

Brad wanted Gudas so I am guessing he would want Z. But seems like a lot of money for. 18 min a night?

Reilly Brodie
McCabe. Lilly
Gio. Z
Timmins?

Who is PP2? Lilly?

I would go for hanafin and spend the assets if he would stay.

Reilly. Brodie
Hanna fin Lilly
Gio. McCabe

The McCabe trade was dumb. That was a big mistake by Kyle.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
The plot thickens .. McMann held out for "precautionary" reasons.... could that mean a trade or he is getting called up?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Oh god. We're going to overpay for an expensive bottom pairing defenseman we don't need, aren't we.
We don’t need??

Sweet Jesus, what world do you inhabit friend? Guys we’re set on D, particularly defensive D man who protect the house, our strength! Stand down the Leafs are stacked. Look out Vegas.

I literally burst out laughing.

You do this move, if there is anyway possible.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Maybe I am pessimistic, but what are the optics of Brad Treliving (the former GM) plucking 1 or 2 players from the team he so called "messed up"?

CGY are happy to do business with their ex-GM?

Isn't this link to his former team rather obvious, or is it completely ridiculous?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Question is will Brad be quicker to correct errors than Dubas? Will guys like Bertuzzi or Klingberg be available. Or even Sammy. Can he squeeze a little sweetener out of Calgary, will he be the Cliff Fletcher of this era?

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
The team has extreme issues pushing players away from the net, not a single defenceman on the team can do it. Get some guys who push and make things easier for the goaltender. Zadorov does that, so does Tanev. I want defenceman who protect the goalie for once.

Just look at the hit on Bertuzzi too, Zadorov was looking around waiting for someone to fight him and nobody did it. I thought this team needed more toughness, especially from players who actually can play.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014

Rielly---Brodie
Zadorov-Liljegren
McCabe--RD
Gio

Peeke would be a nice addition

Reactions: arso40

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The team has extreme issues pushing players away from the net, not a single defenceman on the team can do it. Get some guys who push and make things easier for the goaltender. Zadorov does that, so does Tanev. I want defenceman who protect the goalie for once.

Just look at the hit on Bertuzzi too, Zadorov was looking around waiting for someone to fight him and nobody did it. I thought this team needed more toughness, especially from players who actually can play.
Just look at the fourth goal last night, we are so soft in front of our net, it’s so easily processed it’s our biggest liability. Look at the difference Luke made last year, it was glaringly obvious he was filling a need. Gio played over 20 minutes last night too, again.

Heres the thing too, if this was Dubas pondering the exact same move, it would be genius from the same people questioning it now. It’s so boring to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad