Rumor: Nikita Zadorov Would Welcome Move To Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Not my first choice amongst the Flames defense if they start selling off. It'll cost some premium assets but I'd much rather go after Hanifin.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Would love to have him, perfect partner for Rielly.

Rielly plays amazing when he plays with a stay at home like Lybushkin, Schenn, Zadorov.
Zadorov i wouldn’t classify as a stay at home defencemen but think his game with lily would be awesome

Reactions: TMLAM34

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Kling + Villeneuve + 3rd I think is fair

And it could be interesting to see a big boy with a big shot on Rielly’s right side, but I do think that would be a high-risk, high-reward pairing

Reactions: TMLAM34

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Kling + Villeneuve + 3rd I think is fair

And it could be interesting to see a big boy with a big shot on Rielly’s right side, but I do think that would be a high-risk, high-reward pairing
Is rather see him with Liljegren as a strong second pair once Lilly is healthy.
I think they would complement each others strengths and weaknesses better. Liljegren moves the puck well and plays smart defensive hockey but has issues clearing the net front and doesn’t really worry anyone physically.
Zadorov is a beast physically but at times doesn’t make the best defensive decisions. Both are strong where the other is weak.

If you want a new cheap partner for Rielly I’d suggest looking into Peeke. A physical stay at home RHD and that is the kind of Dman Morgan has normally played his best hockey with. To bring them both in they would probably have to move one of Brodie or McCabe to make the cap work in addition to Klingberg but he should be cheap to acquire and would certainly give the Dcore a whole new look

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Is rather see him with Liljegren as a strong second pair once Lilly is healthy.
I think they would complement each others strengths and weaknesses better. Liljegren moves the puck well and plays smart defensive hockey but has issues clearing the net front and doesn’t really worry anyone physically.
Zadorov is a beast physically but at times doesn’t make the best defensive decisions. Both are strong where the other is weak.

If you want a new cheap partner for Rielly I’d suggest looking into Peeke. A physical stay at home RHD and that is the kind of Dman Morgan has normally played his best hockey with. To bring them both in they would probably have to move one of Brodie or McCabe to make the cap work in addition to Klingberg but he should be cheap to acquire and would certainly give the Dcore a whole new look
Agreed

Reactions: arso40 and cyris

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
He's a 4th/5th D-man on a decent team, lets not get our hopes up that is he the missing link that fixes all that is wrong with this roster, we already have stable full bottom of the line up d-men. He alone will not dramatically change our team. If we are fixing other issues like cap constraints or dumping poor contracts (Klingberg, Reaves, Kampft), the move would make sense, otherwise pass on this one.

Calgary is not our only option to pick up D-men, I hope Brad does not get tunnel vision in his quest to improve our back end and is thinking Calgary or bust, he needs to expand his horizons.

SCOUTING REPORT
National Hockey League teams love his size, which makes him a physical presence in his own zone and a crease clearer. His long reach helps him break up plays. Consistency continues to be a major issue for him at the NHL level. At times he can look a bit lost on the ice, usually when he tries to do too much with the puck.
Long Range Potential: Mammoth, physical but inconsistent defenseman.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I think Brad has to make two moves, bring in Zadorov and then blast Klingberg to the moon and bring in Peeke at the deadline.

Timmins returns from injury and that’s 7-8 defenseman you can work with

Reactions: arso40

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Please don't embarrass us and post this on the main boards
That's what most teams would probably want to give up for a bottom pairing pending UFA on a bad team who gets very limited special teams usage and has demanded a trade with a 10 team NMC. His value is getting inflated on here because
A. Muh hits
B. The Leafs want him (and could use him)

• Love
Reactions: Hellcat

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
If we are looking at bottom of the line up stay at home defenders, that we wont need to spend a fortune in assets, there are a few cheaper deals that can be made.

Jan Rutta - Veteran shutdown d-man, needs to play sheltered bottom 5/6 minutes, is a good PKer, 2,75 mil/ 2yrs left on contract including this season.
Jarred Tinordi - Another vet shut down defender who is probably best fit as a 6/7, is as big as Zadorov at 6'6, cheaper option at 1.25 mil
Matt Dumba - Rumors are Toronto wanted to sign Dumba in the off season but Dumba waned multiple years and Tre only wanted a single year show me contract, inconsistent defender, is a big hitter, right handed shot, 3.9mil . Would be a massive upgrade over Klingberg but again is not a consistent defender, has plenty of blemishes in his game but again would be an upgrade over our bottom 3 defenders.

Just quick look of what might be available out there.

Not related to my post above, an observation on a former Leaf pick - Durzi looks like he's found a home in Phoenix. 23 min a night, +6, 4G, 4A in 13 games. $1.7 mil, shoots right.

Reactions: arso40

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
scouting report on zadorov please?

SCOUTING REPORT
National Hockey League teams love his size, which makes him a physical presence in his own zone and a crease clearer. His long reach helps him break up plays. Consistency continues to be a major issue for him at the NHL level. At times he can look a bit lost on the ice, usually when he tries to do too much with the puck.
Long Range Potential : Mammoth, physical but inconsistent defenseman.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Would love to have him, perfect partner for Rielly.

Rielly plays amazing when he plays with a stay at home like Lybushkin, Schenn, Zadorov.

He's not a 20 min a night defender, if he is your best option on the 1st pairing, the team is probably playing for a lottery pick vs playing for a cup. He had a noticeable night last night but that is not who he is on most nights.

As a pending UFA, I'd think Klingberg + McMann and a 3rd- 4th rounder could get this done

Klingberg is a negative, McMann is a plus, the pick is a plus, TBH not a terrible deal, adding Klingberg would probably kill that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad