Value of: Nikita Zadorov (Offseason)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Oh I’m great with Cole being the 7th Dman next year and I want Timmins to at least get a shot next year. I am confident that will be a Cup caliber defense without Zadorov and would like to use him to help get someone ready to step in about 3 years and have his cap space available for some short term spending to get over the top next year.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I knew that was coming.
If Johnsson can prove he’s healthy, I’d look at this. Change of scenery trade for each. Avs add middle six winger on reasonable deal. Toronto adds a bottom pair with elite checking ability and massive size while being a good skater. Both around same AAV.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
My observation...

Girard*-Makar*
Graves-Johnson*
Zadorov-????
Cole

I don’t know who could play on right side
The * are eho you would protect.
Graves and Zadorov are both LD and RFAs
I am assuming you would not protect 4D.

Thst rmpty RD coukd gonto Timmins

The smart move would be to sign Graves and Zadarov to 3 yr contracts and ziti I s also is exposed to the ED with likelihood of losing one.

In 21/22 is when Byram plays on LD paired with Timmins or one of the LD.

In planning your roster you usually look to have a vet Dman in 7D role. Since you have some cheaper Dmen you can have a more expensive D on the roster. Cole woukd be that bottom pair person next year or 7th. The next season it could be one of the veterans who could spare the youngsters.

Having an experience 7th Dmen eho can sub anyone is good to have.
The right move is to walk away from Zadorov. Cole is a far better player and Timmins and Byram will angle to get action on the big club. They will likely add a veteran #6 and that's it.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
detroit needs dmen big time and have lots of 2nd n 3rd round pix this draft . plus has cap space so could eat a bad avs short term contract if need be

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The way I see it, the future Left side in Denver is all but set in stone:

Girard
Byram
Graves

That means Zadorov is on the outside looking in as soon as next year.

So, with the Avs being very likely to be buyers at the deadline this year, and already being without a 2nd round pick, they're going to be short picks comes June when its draft day. Potentially not having any picks until the 3rs or 4th round.

Zadorov needs to be used as a way to recover some of those lost assets come draft day. Whatever the best package of picks we can get is what he should be moved for.

I think he should be able to get a 2nd + 3rd type of package from a non playoff team that has a couple extra picks and are hoping to be a better team in 2021.

Teams like Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, Winnipeg.... those types of teams.
Umm don’t forget the Devils! As a devils fan I’d love to somehow get Z . Even if it’s a slight overpayment or if there is a bidding war on him, I think he would be worth it

Reactions: Smitty426

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Umm don’t forget the Devils! As a devils fan I’d love to somehow get Z . Even if it’s a slight overpayment or if there is a bidding war on him, I think he would be worth it
You guys would want him out of the division no? So we should get a look!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
detroit needs dmen big time and have lots of 2nd n 3rd round pix this draft . plus has cap space so could eat a bad avs short term contract if need be
No real bad short term contracts on the Avalanche, but if they are looking for an upgrade a forward might need to be moved like Jost, Compher or Donskoi.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

AVs are likely seeking a 2nd + 3rd, NJD does not possess either pick 2020. Maybe swap 1st round picks:

1st - 27th
Zadorov

For

1st - 18th AZ

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
No matter how you try to put him down Drouin is a Career 49 PPG player.
Stats prove it.
If you took the time to read the rest of the thread you'll notice that I did the math and conceded that he's basically a 50 point player. Here's my post:
Doing that math Drouin has averaged 49.1 points. Rounding up I'll concede that he's basically a 50 point forward. But I don't think he's a very good one given that he scores at a 3rd line pace in terms of points per 60, and he brings nothing defensively.

Zadorov is only a bottom pairing Dman because the Avs are incredibly deep on D. On many other teams he'd be a top 4D; probably not on contenders though.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Oh I’m great with Cole being the 7th Dman next year and I want Timmins to at least get a shot next year. I am confident that will be a Cup caliber defense without Zadorov and would like to use him to help get someone ready to step in about 3 years and have his cap space available for some short term spending to get over the top next year.
I'm not sure Cole would be happy to be a 7th Dman in a contract year. Sakic is pretty loyal to players so I could see him doing Cole a favour and moving him if he's not happy as 7D.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
And now with this BS lottery we're gonna need some lumber back there!

Reactions: Hasbro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad