Value of: Nikita Zadorov (Offseason)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Big Z looks to be the odd man out this offseason. He's entering hsi last RFA year, Ryan Graves emerged as a viable NHLer, the Avs will need to open up one roster slot for Byram and possibly Timmins, the Avalanche would probably want some control over his next team to avoid him going to a division rival and sewwing MacKinnon's ass to his face.

He's 6'5"!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Big Z looks to be the odd man out this offseason. He's entering hsi last RFA year, Ryan Graves emerged as a viable NHLer, the Avs will need to open up one roster slot for Byram and possibly Timmins, the Avalanche would probably want some control over his next team to avoid him going to a division rival and sewwing MacKinnon's ass to his face.

He's 6'5"!

What are the Avs looking for in return for their team?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
What are the Avs looking for in return for their team?
I'd think futures given, the roster looks good going into next year, graduations of Byram and Bowers would fill two holes on the current rosater and ELC > Vets.

I could see a hockey trade for an upgrade on a 2nd line winger though.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It’s been pretty public that Carolina desires a 2nd pairing defensive LHD. Hamilton’s injury perhaps changes things, but he should be back for next season. That’s a cross-conference deal and the Canes have a lot of draft capital.

It’s hard to evaluate what he’d return, though. Zadorov can elect arbitration and become a 2021 UFA. A long-term deal is complicated for Carolina and many other teams because of the upcoming expansion draft. He could be a 1 year rental either way. The Avs may opt to hold on to him as that if market doesn’t value him highly enough.

Reactions: PAZ

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd think futures given, the roster looks good going into next year, graduations of Byram and Bowers would fill two holes on the current rosater and ELC > Vets.

I could see a hockey trade for an upgrade on a 2nd line winger though.

Leafs are kind of thin for picks but Johnsson is potentially available in a trade, I imagine they'd want to get a RD but Zadorov is a pretty unique guy. Might be a good fall back option if Muzzin extension doesn't pan out.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I would love Zadorov with the Habs.

though I don’t think Bergevin would pay what Sakic would ask in return.

Chiarot, Romanov, Mete, is he better than these guys ? I am genuinly asking, I have read he is an efficient shutdown D-man but is he really an improvement over Chiarot ? And what kind of money is he going to ask ?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
If the Avs only need 1 spot, I'd rather just stick Cole in the press box (or trade him for a pick). But, that's assuming that Zadorov/Graves sign reasonable next contracts and don't price themselves out of Colorado.

Reactions: AslanRH

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The way I see it, the future Left side in Denver is all but set in stone:

Girard
Byram
Graves

That means Zadorov is on the outside looking in as soon as next year.

So, with the Avs being very likely to be buyers at the deadline this year, and already being without a 2nd round pick, they're going to be short picks comes June when its draft day. Potentially not having any picks until the 3rs or 4th round.

Zadorov needs to be used as a way to recover some of those lost assets come draft day. Whatever the best package of picks we can get is what he should be moved for.

I think he should be able to get a 2nd + 3rd type of package from a non playoff team that has a couple extra picks and are hoping to be a better team in 2021.

Teams like Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, Winnipeg.... those types of teams.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sakic will use him to replenish his lost 2nd rounder. I think he’ll get a 2nd plus a garbage roster player or prospect.

Zadorov’s a very valuable player but will be behind Girard, Graves and Bo.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I know I'm the odd man out, but Zadorov brings a unique element to the defence group that is completely gone if he's removed. Byram/Timmins could replace Girard more readily than Zadorov. I'd explore what kind of return there'd be for Girard; ideally, package him with Burakovsky for a solid, CONSISTENT second line winger(OTTOMH, Ehlers, maybe).

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I know I'm the odd man out, but Zadorov brings a unique element to the defence group that is completely gone if he's removed. Byram/Timmins could replace Girard more readily than Zadorov. I'd explore what kind of return there'd be for Girard; ideally, package him with Burakovsky for a solid, CONSISTENT second line winger(OTTOMH, Ehlers, maybe).
There's absolutely no way Sakic trades a young LHD just months after signing him to a team-friendly long-term deal (a deal that hasn't even kicked in yet).

Trading Girard would essentially destroy any goodwill Sakic might have going into future negotiations with other young players, namely, Makar, Byram, Timmins, etc...

Reactions: flyfysher

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Zadorov is gone for futures this offseason, largely due to the impending expansion draft where he would be exposed. With the emergence of Graves and Byram it'll be hard to justify paying him the money he'll be looking for on his next contract too, as a 5/6/7 Dman on this roster.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad