Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
But why would he burn that bridge in his home country for an additional 1 yr's worth of $.
Clearly money isn't the priority driver with Tryamkin, or he wouldn't have gone home in the first place. It's also probably the primary reason people fear he may not come over..

He'll likely honor the contract.... then decide whether coming here for his prime earning years is worth putting up with the smell of weed for the next 8-10 yrs. A projected $20-30mil in career NHL earnings for his sacrifice doesn't hurt.
Apparently there's provision in the standard KHL agreement between the clubs and its players, that enables a player 'to buy his way out' of his contract. I believe the going rate is three-quarters of the contract number, which in Tryamkin's case is barely be $750,000 since he's only making about $1m a season. And he'd actually be doing his club team a favor, especially if he's leaving at the end of the season anyway. Then they'd be able to use the money to go out and replace him.

So he certainly wouldn't be 'burning any bridges' with the KHL by leaving now for the NHL. and I doubt it would be a problem if he ever wanted to return.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
That's no good. Now every time I read one of your posts I'll feel sorry for your having been abandoned by your girlfriend.
Thank you. I appreciate the sympathy. In reality it just means I have more time to enjoy a beer in peace and chat about hockey :)

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Apparently there's provision in the standard KHL agreement between the clubs and its players, that enables a player 'to buy his way out' of his contract. I believe the going rate is three-quarters of the contract number, which in Tryamkin's case is barely be $750,000 since he's only making about $1m a season. And he'd actually be doing his club team a favor, especially if he's leaving at the end of the season anyway. Then they'd be able to use the money to go out and replace him.

So he certainly wouldn't be 'burning any bridges' with the KHL by leaving now for the NHL. and I doubt it would be a problem if he ever wanted to return.

Finding $750,000 might be trickier than you think. It means in 2 years that he had saved 37% of his contract, not including taxes, expenses and the fact his agent gets a percentage. The Canucks are not allowed to help him out. Or so I have been told repeatedly.

Reactions: Jimnastic

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
y.We have consistently heard that the Canucks have been in constant contact with the Tryamkin camp. Constant contact in this situation doesn't have to even be monthly.

They're making a big deal out of Tryamkin finishing out his three-year contract in the KHL. But at this point he could probably buy his way out of it, and still be far ahead financially with what he's earn playing the NHL.

You have to assume that Benning and Tryamkin's agent are at least exploring that option. Why waste another productive season in the KHL?

Tryamkin has actually been the one who has made a big deal out of honouring his contract. But that was before last season where Tryamkin may not have enjoyed things back home as much.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Finding $750,000 might be trickier than you think. It means in 2 years that he had saved 37% of his contract, not including taxes, expenses and the fact his agent gets a percentage. The Canucks are not allowed to help him out. Or so I have been told repeatedly.

I hate this sentiment because it is so easy to work around, anyone would be able to come up with hundreds of ways. Eg, NT gets a signing bonus when he signs and all that would need to happen is his management agency loans him the money and they take the signing bonus,

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I hate this sentiment because it is so easy to work around, anyone would be able to come up with hundreds of ways. Eg, NT gets a signing bonus when he signs and all that would need to happen is his management agency loans him the money and they take the signing bonus,

I suggested exactly this and got raged on earlier in this topic. And besides, Try has said he is playing another year in the KHL.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

His agent said something to the effect that 18 months notice had to be given, so that there was no possibility of Tryamkin buying out his contract.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I suggested exactly this and got raged on earlier in this topic. And besides, Try has said he is playing another year in the KHL.

The issue with a signing bonus is that it would then count against his cap hit. If he can come up with that money himself it's off the books. I'm sure there are other ways a real estate mogul can give the Canuck players a bit of a rub. Maybe sell them a fancy condo for way, way less than market value which they can unload some day.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

If NT is in North America at the time there is nothing his KHL team can do about it, no one would hire forensic accountants to see where the money they just got paid came from. It is a formality that he can't get paid by the Canucks if he is also being paid by another team.

There is a thread on this board ripping the Aqua family for being shady businessmen, then people go the other way and say well his KHL contract has this rule so nothing can be done...

The only issue to be careful of is NHL cap circumvention.

And IF and WHEN he wants to be here obviously.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
The issue with a signing bonus is that it would then count against his cap hit. If he can come up with that money himself it's off the books. I'm sure there are other ways a real estate mogul can give the Canuck players a bit of a rub. Maybe sell them a fancy condo for way, way less than market value which they can unload some day.

His cap hit would be his cap hit... The Canucks won't need to pay extra then what they think he is worth...

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The two of you need girlfriends. You are arguing about whether a GM that’s going to be gone In a year has had enough contact with an agent of a number 6 dman that bailed on the team that drafted him to return to Russia? Who cares
We've got enough dead weight around here as it is. If you've got nothing to say do us all a favour and don't say it.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I've seen nothing up till now that has made it obvious that Benning has been in touch with Tryamkin's agent.

Of course it's obvious that he should have been in touch, but it's also obvious that he should be exploring weaponizing cap space, that he should have been attempting to arrange a trade for Edler months before the deadline, that he should at least explore trading down in the draft, that he should make sure the Canucks' analytics department is among the best in the league, etc. I don't think he's done/is doing any of those obvious things.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim that he's been in touch with the agent?

Not sure if this was shown yet, by Dahiwal

Jim Benning on SN 650.
- Reports that we are far part with Boeser are not true and they are unfounded.
- There sure is a future for Tryamkin, I talked his agent in Buffalo last week.
- Juolevi will see the doctor this week and looks to get the green light to skate next week.

Is that evidence enough?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Not sure if this was shown yet, by Dahiwal

Jim Benning on SN 650.
- Reports that we are far part with Boeser are not true and they are unfounded.
- There sure is a future for Tryamkin, I talked his agent in Buffalo last week.
- Juolevi will see the doctor this week and looks to get the green light to skate next week.

Is that evidence enough?

Is that not the recent report that I argued counted as news, because I hadn't seen prior word that Benning and the agent had talked?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
It is pretty simple and I can't believe people do not get it...…..

Todd Diamond his agent can advance him the money, so that the agreement is between his agent and Tryamkin

If his agent thinks it is a good idea, then it will happen

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It is pretty simple and I can't believe people do not get it...…..

Todd Diamond his agent can advance him the money, so that the agreement is between his agent and Tryamkin

If his agent thinks it is a good idea, then it will happen

His agent said that it couldn't happen, because it requires 18 months notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad