Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

E40

Nov 18, 2018
The Tryamkin we already knew would be a boost on our blueline as it is.

Would be curious to throw him on with Hughes and see if any kinda chemistry can develop would be an interesting dynamic.

The big Russian can skate and if he improved any whatsoever, I'd hope he realizes his reach advantage. Forget trying to model him after Pronger that obviously insulted him. Even if he channeled some inner willie Mitchell but with a damn near extra foot of reach he'd be pretty hard to play against. Also, could obviously use his size, how many D in the league can claim to ragdolling big Jamie Benn in a battle for the crease? That was such a rarity especially for Van D.

Reactions: settinguptheplay

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I'm really interested to see what 3 yrs of skill development and experience adds to the version of the player that we had here as a rookie.

So far in his 2 seasons in the K, he's being used as the number 1 dman in terms of shifts/gm and ice time... was the leading dman scoring in year 1.. then they added Vishnevsky in year 2.

His arrival here will be well timed...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He made a comparison between Chara and Tryamkin which I think is silly. Did he mean 5 years ago or now? I’m not totally sure. Regardless, 42 year old Chara destroys 25 year old tryamkin
Watching Chara these days as a 42 year old d-man playing a shutdown role, you can see that he's getting by on positioning, physicality and basic guile. He's not nearly as fast and mobile as he used to be obviously, but he's been in the league so long he doesn't need it. He's been a beast for the Beantowners so far in these playoffs.

And yes, the 25-year old version of Nikita Tryamkin would be far better for the Canucks, even without the supporting cast Chara has in Boston.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Benning has confirmed that he has talked to his agent and mentioned there is a future for him with the Canucks.

This honestly made my day, absolutely loved what he brought to the Canucks.

Benning also confirmed that he won't come sooner than his contract with the KHL, so he will be available as soon as his upcoming season in Russia is over.

Reactions: VIPettersson

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He would add much needed physicality and mobility to our backend. His presence has been sorely missed, he is the only dman we've had in a while who scares anyone

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Oh man to get Tryamkin back at end of KHL season would be huge!! I really hope if he does come back he is fed top 4 minutes to see what we have instead of 12-14 minutes a night.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
If Juolevi could finally show some development next year after being fully healthy, our defence in 2020 could have Hughes, Tryamkin, and Juolevi on the LD side.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Great news about Tryamkin. The blue line needs all the help it can get. Hopefully he continued to develop while playing in the KHL. His size and mobility are appealing but he never put it together to warrant being labeled anything better than a 5-6 defender, imo. For every highlight collision or enticing offensive play there was a lot of misreads and poor gap control. Fingers crossed he and Trav hit it off and he can unlock some of that potential.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I would never turn down a free (in terms of assets), 24-year old defenseman. That being said, weren't the reports that he was seriously struggling in the KHL? Would make sense for him to come back if his reputation has taken a dive in Russia when the Canucks are obviously still obsessed with him. He might actually get paid more.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Could be that's one of the reasons the Canucks are being linked to disgruntled Leafs d-man Nikita Zaitsev, a right side d-man. So possibly two Nikita's on the same pairing?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I would never turn down a free (in terms of assets), 24-year old defenseman. That being said, weren't the reports that he was seriously struggling in the KHL? Would make sense for him to come back if his reputation has taken a dive in Russia when the Canucks are obviously still obsessed with him. He might actually get paid more.

He had a very strong year in 17-18 (culminating in being selected for the World Championships) but did not perform anywhere near that level this season.

Reactions: TruGr1t

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
KHL season starts Sept. 1st and regular season ends Feb. 27th. If he's in the playoffs the season could end as late as April 30th.

The KHL Board approves a structure for 2019-20

Just for reference..
This year, the final day of regular season was Feb 22nd.

Trymkin's team went 2 rounds and was done March 22nd.
Assuming he needed 5-6 days to get his ducks in a row - travel, visa, acclimatizing - he may of been available for the final 5 games this season under the circumstances...

Now I will just hope for an early playoff demise Autmobilist this coming yr... hell.. just fail to make the playoffs please.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I could be wrong but didn't the entire team perform much worse this year?

I think i remember seeing that he was still used as their #1 dman.. in terms of ice time and matchups.
he dropped off offensively in yr 2 after leading his D in scoring in yr 1 due to the addition of Vishnevsky ...
But people look the points and presume he has had a some drop big off in play.
If he did, it wasn't reflected in his ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad