Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Nikita "broke out" today with two assists and 25:31 TOI (tops on the team) in a 4-3 overtime loss.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With Tanev likely gone, and the contracts for Edler and Benn up at the end of next season....surely that's the time the Canucks bring Tryamkin back over. They need his size.

Reactions: mossey3535

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This is an asset the Canucks should look to move. As soon as there is a statment of intent to play in the NHL - move him. He's already bailed once and refused a development opportunity in Utica. That was his right of course. I am just not set on the notion that we need to risk another adventure with this guy.

I think he would have good value in a package.

Context matters.

Tryamkin bailed because the 16-17 Canucks were an unmitigated shit show.

They were soooooooooooooo bad.

16CcAmu.png

Look at all those sub-replacement plumbers. Look at those +/-'s.

nFKUvPQ.png

Trash coach, trash GM and trash president.

Tryamkin couldn't GTFO dodge fast enough.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Context matters.

16CcAmu.png

nFKUvPQ.png

Fortunately , he doesn't feel that way anymore...

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Willie was a ruinous coach hiring given where the team was at. Needed a builder not a coach that couldn't think beyond the next shift. That's mostly on Benning and management for bringing in basically a Junior coach (although he did have some success with absolutely stacked team in the AHL) to work with upper level pros.

Tryamkin was young man a long way from home who needed all the support he could get. Might well be that having a "nervous Nellie" like "can I review another off-side Willie" as coach had bad effect on the development of others as well. But Willie had in with Linden and, of course, cronyism beats a decent resume every time with Canuck old timers like Linden. One of the good reasons Linden got turfed/quit or whatever.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Yeah but Tryamkin exactly as he was when he was here (and I think the "aggressiveness" argument is total bullshit, he wasn't running guys but he knew how to use his size out there) would improve this D quite a lot.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Willie was a ruinous coach hiring given where the team was at. Needed a builder not a coach that couldn't think beyond the next shift. That's mostly on Benning and management for bringing in basically a Junior coach (although he did have some success with absolutely stacked team in the AHL) to work with upper level pros.

Tryamkin was young man a long way from home who needed all the support he could get. Might well be that having a "nervous Nellie" like "can I review another off-side Willie" as coach had bad effect on the development of others as well. But Willie had in with Linden and, of course, cronyism beats a decent resume every time with Canuck old timers like Linden. One of the good reasons Linden got turfed/quit or whatever.

While I think it's fair to question a rookie President bringing in a rookie GM and hiring a rookie HC, Willie was undoubtedly qualified.

Willie won championships at the junior level, he won a championship at the AHL level, and he served as an associate head coach at the NHL level. He was offered the job by the Penguins as well but we offered him longer term and he came here.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Willie looked worse than he was thanks to that pathetic and soft roster we had. Truly one of the worst ones in club history. He really didn't have much to work with, and also didn't do himself any favors either.

From the eye-test I was actually pretty happy with Tryamkin and thought he had top 4 upside.

Reactions: mathonwy

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Yeah, we still have "he's never coming back" narratives. Tiresome. Clearly there is interest on both sides, and in reality he probably would have been here this season if it hadn't been derailed by the covid "hoax". And if they could meet the cap.

I think Tanev would be gone for sure if he had signed for this coming year.

Reactions: DecideFreedom

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Context matters.

16CcAmu.png

nFKUvPQ.png

Man that roster huh!! And Willie D really rode Chaput and Megna for those 17 combined points

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Yeah, we still have "he's never coming back" narratives. Tiresome. Clearly there is interest on both sides, and in reality he probably would have been here this season if it hadn't been derailed by the covid "hoax". And if they could meet the cap.

I think Tanev would be gone for sure if he had signed for this coming year.

Covid hoax?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Sorry, made a comment on the Podkolzin page because someone called it a "hoax". Was thinking I was on the same page for some reason.

1 M dead is not a hoax. $1 T economic impact is not a hoax. Just because Trump says stupid things that morons believe doesn't support a counter argument, DT says lots of stupid things...

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Can you imagine what the Canucks blueline would look like next year if Tanev leaves as a UFA and Edler, who's 35, were to get injured early in the season?

Barring any sort of trade, they might have to promote Rathbone, Juolevi and Rafferty just to fill out their blueline. It could get ugly fast.

Really too bad they couldn't have inked Tryamkin to a contract for this season. He'd have filled a big hole.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I sometimes wonder what it would be like for us this playoffs if Tryamkin was available for Green, since he would have helped Im not saying a win, but to thwart off Vegas physical play since Tryamkin is also an extremely phyiscal player himself and the only player that would have been heavier then Reeves.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Can you imagine what the Canucks blueline would look like next year if Tanev leaves as a UFA and Edler, who's 35, were to get injured early in the season?

Barring any sort of trade, they might have to promote Rathbone, Juolevi and Rafferty just to fill out their blueline. It could get ugly fast.

Really too bad they couldn't have inked Tryamkin to a contract for this season. He'd have filled a big hole.

Better not trade next years 1st round pick. Could be top 10 or better

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Willie looked worse than he was thanks to that pathetic and soft roster we had. Truly one of the worst ones in club history. He really didn't have much to work with, and also didn't do himself any favors either.

From the eye-test I was actually pretty happy with Tryamkin and thought he had top 4 upside.

The interesting thing is that Tryamkin's underlying numbers belong in the top 4 cohort among blueliners if you rank them league-wide against all D-men who played at least 1000 minutes over the 2 seasons he played in the NHL. Relative to how the team performed when he was off the ice, all of his major possession metrics (CF, FF, SF, GF and xG percentages) were within 2nd-pairing territory. This actually gives me hope that he could step in and be a 2nd pairing guy for us... if he ever makes it over.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

Losing a top4 D in UFA for nothing?

Edler, injured?

Inconceivable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad