Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He can come over and help us win a Stanley Cup and go play with Kuznetsov in Washington once his contract is up. I don't mind if he wants to showcase himself for a bigger contract elsewhere in North America as long as he's a quality top 6 D man.

Or trade his rights if he asks for 3M and package other players for a top 4 D. We can solve concerns of the future by trading for it too.

The point is he's an asset but he doesn't help us win games when he is in Russia. Trade or play.

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
He can come over and help us win a Stanley Cup and go play with Kuznetsov in Washington once his contract is up. I don't mind if he wants to showcase himself for a bigger contract elsewhere in North America as long as he's a quality top 6 D man.

Or trade his rights if he asks for 3M and package other players for a top 4 D. We can solve concerns of the future by trading for it too.

Reactions: wetcoast

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

The point is he's an asset but he doesn't help us win games when he is in Russia. Trade or play.

You realize the canucks really couldn't make him an offer this year, not knowing if there will even be a season.They will sign him when his season ends, I am guessing 2 x $2.5M. He will not be eligible to play until the 21-22 season, as I understand it. I am hoping that they regret not signing him to a bigger and longer contract, I think he is going to be a great player for us.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
If not for the worse young players coach and bias anti European coach along with an absolute garbage roster stacked against him he’d have been a top 4 Dmen. Canucks and willie really f***ed this kids development up.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You realize the canucks really couldn't make him an offer this year, not knowing if there will even be a season.They will sign him when his season ends, I am guessing 2 x $2.5M. He will not be eligible to play until the 21-22 season, as I understand it. I am hoping that they regret not signing him to a bigger and longer contract, I think he is going to be a great player for us.
Totally agree with this analysis.....with the uncertainties around the start of the NHL season and the salary cap nightmare that is starting to envelop a lot of teams in the NHL, the Canucks and Tryamkin made the right choice playing another season in the KHL.

When things settle down in the NHL, Benning could sign him as early as April 30th of next season. This might actually be smack in the middle of the delayed NHL season.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Tryamkin with 1A tonight and played almost 30 minutes today. Bill Peters is doing an outstanding job with him utilizing him as part of the top pair and his team is top in the league.

Tryamkin will be back next season, he signed a 1 year contract due to the NHL season starting late and by the looks of it, Canucks have an ample amount of room in the defence core now.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Tryamkin with 1A tonight and played almost 30 minutes today. Bill Peters is doing an outstanding job with him utilizing him as part of the top pair and his team is top in the league.

Tryamkin will be back next season, he signed a 1 year contract due to the NHL season starting late and by the looks of it, Canucks have an ample amount of room in the defence core now.

Shame Benning couldn't offer him a contract because of his gross mismanagement of the team's cap structure. With the loss of Tanev and Stecher, Tryamkin would have given this team a huge boost.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Shame Benning couldn't offer him a contract because of his gross mismanagement of the team's cap structure. With the loss of Tanev and Stecher, Tryamkin would have given this team a huge boost.

Just running a quick simulation on Capfriendly for next year: if we end up signing JV and Gaudette for 3MM + 1.5MM, then have to re-sign Demko for around 3MM (after a successful season, similar precedent set with Markstrom's 3 x 3.667 deal with not many GP), fill out the rest of the D-core with ELC or $1MM replacements, and don't move any money out and let all FA's next year lapse, EP $10MM QH $8.25MM, then we'd have about $3.1MM of capspace left without improving the team one iota between this year and next.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Tryamkin is overrated. He is no more than a number 6 D. Jd Burke doesn't even think he is a nhl D. Not sure what the fuss is all about.

Reactions: Grumpy1

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Tryamkin is overrated. He is no more than a number 6 D. Jd Burke doesn't even think he is a nhl D. Not sure what the fuss is all about.

Could be because it would be a free asset when we don't have too many because we pissed the rest of them away. Are you seriously stating that we shouldn't give a f*** about him because hes not good? At least he can play in a professional league and actually play well unlike Juolevi

Reactions: ChilliBilly

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Tryamkin would be a great RHD test.

I would suggest that the following is a reasonable basis for going forward...

Hughes Myers
Edler Rafferty
Juolevi Tryamkin

We will see how Juolevi, Rafferty, and Tryamkin do. If they succeed, they will be in good shape. I'm not suggesting it won't be a disaster, but at least they will know what they need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luckylarry

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Just running a quick simulation on Capfriendly for next year: if we end up signing JV and Gaudette for 3MM + 1.5MM, then have to re-sign Demko for around 3MM (after a successful season, similar precedent set with Markstrom's 3 x 3.667 deal with not many GP), fill out the rest of the D-core with ELC or $1MM replacements, and don't move any money out and let all FA's next year lapse, EP $10MM QH $8.25MM, then we'd have about $3.1MM of capspace left without improving the team one iota between this year and next.

dcda995198172ab40d90bbf05beafe12.jpg

Great tune and love the intro !!

A Canadian classic

A friend of mine went to see Ozzy on tour in the 80's when Aldo Nova was opening for him. At some point he was doing another solo, then his guitar suddenly cut out, and Ozzy came out swinging the cord around over his head, to much applause. :laugh:

Went on to produce a few Celine Dion albums iirc.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A friend of mine went to see Ozzy on tour in the 80's when Aldo Nova was opening for him. At some point he was doing another solo, then his guitar suddenly cut out, and Ozzy came out swinging the cord around over his head, to much applause. :laugh:

Went on to produce a few Celine Dion albums iirc.

I remember hearing that on the radio and buying the record, along with other Montreal acts at the time Corey Hart and The Box.

I even took the Cory Hart record to the hair salon, as I was more a new waver than a heavy metal guy, to get a haircut like Cory Hart.

During Expo 86 some people even mistook me for him but hey we were all wasted back then.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Could be because it would be a free asset when we don't have too many because we pissed the rest of them away. Are you seriously stating that we shouldn't give a f*** about him because hes not good? At least he can play in a professional league and actually play well unlike Juolevi

A number 6 D is not much of an asset. I don't care about him because I don't think he is that good. If you're high on Him, go right ahead and care about him. Tryamkin was horrible in his only full season. He couldn't even make a first pass and he loves to ice the puck. Don't let the size trick you.

Reactions: wetcoast

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
A number 6 D is not much of an asset. I don't care about him because I don't think he is that good. If you're high on Him, go right ahead and care about him. Tryamkin was horrible in his only full season. He couldn't even make a first pass and he loves to ice the puck. Don't let the size trick you.

So disagree. He ticks so many boxes, and pretty much all of his faults were of the Canucks own makings.

A big guy, tough but not agressive ...a good skater and no real faults, and can eat minutes. We should be licking our chops at getting him back.

Too many "fans" are butt hurt that he left for greener pastures. If we are going to ever win a stanley cup in the next 6 years, he will be part of the reason.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
I remember hearing that on the radio and buying the record, along with other Montreal acts at the time Corey Hart and The Box.

I even took the Cory Hart record to the hair salon, as I was more a new waver than a heavy metal guy, to get a haircut like Cory Hart.

During Expo 86 some people even mistook me for him but hey we were all wasted back then.
Man Expo was so fun as a kid. I can only imagine how fun it would have been "out your mind".:laugh:

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
So disagree. He ticks so many boxes, and pretty much all of his faults were of the Canucks own makings.

A big guy, tough but not agressive ...a good skater and no real faults, and can eat minutes. We should be licking our chops at getting him back.

Too many "fans" are butt hurt that he left for greener pastures. If we are going to ever win a stanley cup in the next 6 years, he will be part of the reason.

This is my scouting report

In term of skating, he has decent straight away speed. Agility/turning He has issues. He has difficulties retrieving pucks once it is dump in.

Defensively one on one and breaking the cycle is not bad. However decision making and reading the play he has difficulties. His puck handling is horrible and that is why always ice the puck. In today's nhl, you can't have D back there that can't move the puck quickly and make a first pass.

He is no more than a number 6 D. He is so overrated. There is no argument thst can made that he is more than a bottom pairing D. They are butt hurt because a lot of fans overrate young players.

Reactions: Szechwan

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

lol wasn't all that into the wasted thing in 1986...when I was 13.

Man Expo was so fun as a kid. I can only imagine how fun it would have been "out your mind".:laugh:
See above.
Canada had the best coke in the 80s clearly.
Actually, another anecdote about Aldo Nova I didn't post was that a friend of mine's dad once did coke in the bathroom of a nightclub with him. Can't remember who it was who said that, but for some reason that stuck in my mind.

*edit* Oh yeah, he also co-wrote Take Me Away by Blue Oyster Cult. I remember I heard that song on the radio when I was driving home sometime 91, 92, around then. I actually pulled over and waited until the DJ came on to say who the band was, this being before google and all that. That's how awesome that song is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad